Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
theubie

[TFC 0.79.22] Alloy Calculator (Now with Android Version!)

61 posts in this topic

Infinite Possibility Games presents:

TerrafirmaCraft Alloy Calculator
Web | Android

What it is:

A graphical tool for mixing ores and metals to produce the specific alloy you're looking for in the quantity you need.

How to use:

Simply follow these links:

Web Version (runs in any HTML5 compatable Browser, even on mobile devices however it is not touch optimized):

http://infinitepossibilitygames.com/TFCAlloyCalc

Android version (Free!) via Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.infinitepossibilitygames.tfcalloycalcmobile

The calculator is written in HTML5, and as such can be used in any browser which supports it including tablets and smart phones.

Note:  Web App is not yet optimized for touch devices, but can be used.   Your mileage may vary.

Web Change Log:
(Android Change Log is available in the Google Play Store)

0.7 Alpha

-Fixed issue where Sphalerite would be detected as Tin instead of Zinc in the bottom right of the vessel.

0.6 Alpha

Minor bug fix to ore loading

- Fixed background image issues on IE

- Fixed display of Black Bronze to correctly give Silver and Gold 10%-25% range.  Calculations in previous version were using correct formula.

0.5 Alpha

- Added color coding to better tell what is going on in the various text boxes.

- Unknown Metal now shows up in red, while valid smelting combinations show green

- Adding ore now works more like shift clicking ore into vessels in the actual game

- Minor code cleanup

0.4 Alpha

- Added search bar for ore

- Left Clicking ore in vessel now increases the amount of ore

- Right Clicking ore in vessel now decreased the amount of ore

- Displays an icon of what the outcome of the ore in the vessel will be when smelted

- Now shows all possible alloy combinations based on ore currently in the vessel and their percentages

- Added splash screen so that updating no longer looks like a black screen doing nothing

0.3 Alpha

- Initial public release

Known Bugs:

- On some versions of IE the resize method uses Linear instead of point causing the ore to look fuzzy and some of the frames to have a line on the inside.  This is an issue with IE and as such might not be anything I can do with it.  Looking into creative fixes.  This is only cosmetic, though, and cause none of the functions to break.  Unless you're absolutely chained to it (work won't let you install another browser, mom/dad won't let you install another browser, etc) I would suggest using something better than IE anyway.

- Black Bronze's formula displays as needing 10-15% Silver and 10-15% Gold.  Still calculates at 10-25%.  Will be fixed in 0.6 Alpha

Bug Reports and Suggestions:

Please post in this topic when you find anything that doesn't work right or if you have suggestions.

Artwork used with permission of their respective owners

Usage Permission:

You have my permission to use this in any recorded video provided you let me know so I can view it!  A shout out or mention and a link to the calculator would be grand as well.

cool man, no more maths for me.

On the first thread you mentioned putting in a search bar. As a user, I prefer what you have already; I don't see myself ever using a search bar. If space truly becomes an issue, perhaps you could have tabs of ore. For example, a "Black Bronze" tab would only display ores bearing copper, gold, and silver.

Another feature I'd like to see is that if you add one ore, it goes to the first slot. If you click on a different ore or different quality of the same ore, it auto populates into the next slot down.

On the first thread you mentioned putting in a search bar. As a user, I prefer what you have already; I don't see myself ever using a search bar. If space truly becomes an issue, perhaps you could have tabs of ore. For example, a "Black Bronze" tab would only display ores bearing copper, gold, and silver.

Another feature I'd like to see is that if you add one ore, it goes to the first slot. If you click on a different ore or different quality of the same ore, it auto populates into the next slot down.

Tabs are a possibility, although I'm still going to run into screen real estate issues with that.  If I did do tabs, it would be the base inputs (ore type, metal ingot/unshaped) rather than by alloy input simply from a coding standpoint.  The search bar is going in no matter what. (It's already in the build I'm testing.)

I toyed around with the idea of going into slots without selection.  It's something I am considering doing.

Very nice.

Are you planning a way to reduce the number of ore in the vessel intrface? Right-clicking removes an entire stack, which is not always desirable. Maybe a left click could decrease the stack by one unit.

Very nice.Are you planning a way to reduce the number of ore in the vessel intrface? Right-clicking removes an entire stack, which is not always desirable. Maybe a left click could decrease the stack by one unit.

That's actually in the next update.  Left clicking in the vessel removes one.   Will be pushing an update tonight-ish.

What I'd like to see most is the ability to select an alloy that you would like to create and then seeing something along the lines of this :

Copper: 50-70% [% of copper you have currently]

Zinc: 20-30% [% of zinc you have in the vessel currently]

Bismuth: 10-20% [% of bismuth you have in the vessel currently]

So say that you have 5 copper ores worth 15 units each, 7 zinc worth 10 units each, and 3 bismuth worth 25 units each, it would say something like this:

Copper: 50-70% [You're at 34.09%]

Zinc: 20-30% [You're at 31.81%]

Bismuth: 10-20% [You're at 34.09%]

That way people would know what amount they're at as well as what amounts they need for the alloys. They could then remove and add ores to hit the appropriate percentages.

What I'd like to see most is the ability to select an alloy that you would like to create and then seeing something along the lines of this :

Copper: 50-70% [% of copper you have currently]

Zinc: 20-30% [% of zinc you have in the vessel currently]

Bismuth: 10-20% [% of bismuth you have in the vessel currently]

So say that you have 5 copper ores worth 15 units each, 7 zinc worth 10 units each, and 3 bismuth worth 25 units each, it would say something like this:

Copper: 50-70% [You're at 34.09%]

Zinc: 20-30% [You're at 31.81%]

Bismuth: 10-20% [You're at 34.09%]

That way people would know what amount they're at as well as what amounts they need for the alloys. They could then remove and add ores to hit the appropriate percentages.

I toyed around with this idea, but the percentages are very easily looked up via the wiki (might include a link to it for ease of use).  It's something I will probably implement (or something similar) once I am done with the simple vessel interface and move on to the free-form/crucible interface.  I will be adding shadow figures that show the range for the current alloy (so you can see how much more of each you could add) in one of the next updates.

Version 0.4 alpha pushed.  See change log at the top of this thread for details.

Did I say I love this calculator?  Well I LOVE it!

The tool seems like a nice thing. I may find it useful, especially after longer breaks from the game when I forget ratios in making alloys and don't want to constantly consult the wiki.

To that effect I also support the idea for some indicator next to the list of currently selected ores that would show how much of what I'd have to add to create a particular alloy (listing only those possible at all in combination with whatever was already chosen).

The tool seems like a nice thing. I may find it useful, especially after longer breaks from the game when I forget ratios in making alloys and don't want to constantly consult the wiki.To that effect I also support the idea for some indicator next to the list of currently selected ores that would show how much of what I'd have to add to create a particular alloy (listing only those possible at all in combination with whatever was already chosen).

That is already in.  If you select copper you'll see a list of all the Tier 1-2 alloys, since copper is in all of them.  If you were to start with, say gold, you'll see Rose Gold and Black Bronze in the lower panel along with the percentages that are needed to make it.

Version 0.5 Alpha pushed out.  Change log updated at the top of this post.

I mistyped the black bronze numbers in the display code.  The calculation code is still correct.  Will be fixed for 0.6 A.  Thanks for catching that.

Man, you are awesome, we will use this calculator forever!

If possible, I would certainly prefer it if there'd be offline executable version of this calculator.

The engine that runs it uses offline.appcache, so technically it should still start even if you aren't connected to the internet as long as you've successfully run it once.  That's kinda dependent on the browser though.

I can do a download standalone executable for PC, Mac and Linux.  I just would probably not update it as often as the online version as it takes more time to export and upload those.  I will put up a download version for the next push (0.6 Alpha).

0.6 Alpha pushed and Windows standalone version uploaded.  Details in first post.

Sometimes it shows "Tin" when I select sphalerite.

Steps to reproduce:

• Reload the page.
  • Click on bismuthinite.
  • Click on empty vessel cell, click on native copper.
  • Click on empty vessel cell, click on sphalerite.

Posted Image

Hmm.  It's actually just the spot in row 2, col 2 that see it as Tin.  Doesn't matter what you put in the other spots (or if there is anything in them at all.)  

This will be fixed in the next version.  Thanks for catching that.

Version 0.7 Alpha pushed to fixed this issue.  Change log updated.

Thank you for this calculator , saves me a lot of frustration and time that I can then use on other time and frustration consuming things! :D

Bile

This is going to make my LP so much easier! Thanks Theubie :)