Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
theubie

[TFC 0.79.22] Alloy Calculator (Now with Android Version!)

61 posts in this topic

I just tried to smelt 8 native copper nuggets with 2 small cassiterite, as per the calculator's recommendation. It didn't work. Is this a bug in the calculator, or my mental faculties?

8 Copper Nuggets = 80 units of copper

2 small cassiterite = 20 units of tin

Bronze is 92-88% Copper and 12-8% tin, so that wouldn't work.  Just popped that into the calc and it shows Unknown like it should.

at first I thought you must be right, as I am often guilty of doing dumb things. I went to check it though, and... well, here's a screenshot.

[edit] nope, totally not a screenshot. See? dumb things ;)

[editedit] ok, I might be smrter now...

[edit3] nope. no smrter. How about this?

oh, I'm not allowed to post "that image extension".

Well, I dunno. 

http://imgur.com/7OyYndD

Those aren't nuggets.  That is normal sized Native Copper.  25 units a piece, instead of 10 for the nuggets.

Ahh! Thanks! Now that I've messed aboot with the different sizes of ores, I see what a huge difference that makes. It seems really obvious, but it just didn't occur to me, as all I wanted was a freakin' pick.

What will be awesome is that you're able to choose a certain amount of ores [For example: Tin, Zinc, Bismuth, Copper, Gold, Silver] in a specific amount or size, and the calculator can tell you what alloys you can do.

When (if?) I get around to writing the more advanced crucible interface that is something that's planned.

Nice job, saves a bunch of time when your trying to work out large amounts of stuff. Epically useful when your new to the mod as well as you can just select an ore and instantly see what you can make with it.

Thanks!

Updated main post to add in usage statement.

If you're talking about the offline version:  No install.  Just unzip and run in the directory.

The online version doesn't need an install...just go to the webpage.

Theubie, I'm getting a problem loading page error.  Is the site down?

Theubie, I'm getting a problem loading page error.  Is the site down?

Sites dead for me also.  Probably just a temporary issue give it some time.

Yes, actually the site is down at the moment.  Upgrading the server software and doing some general maintenance on my dedicated server/domains.  Should be back in 24-48 hours depending on how badly upgrading CentOS goes.

Going to 7?  I never had problems from 5 to 6, I'm curious to hear if you have any real issues.

Actually going form 5 to 6.  Had a mishap or two along the way and it took a lot longer to get everything back up and running.

Doesn't help that I'm also writing an MMO which relies heavily on php/MySQL and we jumped from php4 to php5.  Had endless startup issues that had to be fixed by rewriting code that no longer worked or that threw warnings when run.

Nice! This is great. Although ... sometimes I like the suspense of picking up my freshly-smelted clay vessel and hoping with all my heart that my math was correct the instant I'm about to open it.

Just a quick update...I haven't had any major time to work on this, but it remain up for use as long as people need it.  I'll get around to compiling the current version into node webkit this weekend and putting up an updated "offline" version if I get a chance.

Offline for me as well; drats. ):
*gets out the calculator again~*

EDIT: Alternative can be found/used here! 
https://docs.google.com/a/lifesriver.net/uc?id=0B1HOu-yhacFrMHM0NTFIS3ltSTg&export=download

https://docs.google.com/a/lifesriver.net/uc?id=0B1HOu-yhacFrMHM0NTFIS3ltSTg&export=download

Modified/Unlocked .xls of this topic: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/5440-alloy-calculator/

Edited by scottjfox

Just thought I would chime in, but the site is working absolutely perfectly for me with no problems, even after doing a hard reset of the page. I don't know if there is some cache that the hard reset isn't clearing or something, but yeah.