Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Metamorfos

Block placement lag

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've been playing this mod for a few weeks without any major issues, but lately I've been having lag when placing blocks or interacting with item racks and doors near my base. I can walk around my base with a steady 40 fps, but when I place a block, it has a really high chance of placing 2 blocks. When I want to pick up an item from my item rack, it picks it up and instantly places it back at times. This is annoying, so I'm trying to find a solution.

I tried allocating more RAM, but this didn't help.

I tried tinkering with Optifine, but the problem persists.

I'm wondering what causes this block placement lag. I think it might have to do with a high amount of chiseled blocks (see screen below). I've started experiencing this block placement lag around when I started detailing my base. I just can't understand why I only get block placement lag and no lag when moving around. I only get block placement lag in this specific world.

Posted Image

My specs are:

- Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHZ 2.50 GHZ

- 8 GB RAM

- 64 bit OS

- Intel HD Graphics 4000

- NVidia Geforce GT 640M

Does someone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance

P.S.: is someone else able to keep placing torches on the same torch (and thereby consuming more torches)?

It's just your mouse my guess. Go to your controls and set the "use" command to a key on your keyboard then try to place another block. If it still has the same issue try it on a different world. If it's your mouse you can try and fix it, most likely you will need a new mouse.

A mouse issue could easily explain accidental double-clicks, but that would be very obvious when using other games or applications. Metamorfos, is there also a delay when you break or place blocks as well, or is it just a double-placement issue?

I have this issue too. It happens when there's a lot of chiseled blocks around. Maybe it's a microlag due to chunk update

Only double placement issue. Also only happens around that house in screenshot, which has a heavily chiseled roof as you can see.

Thanks for the replies.

I was having this very same problem. I also noticed this lag began to appear after I had completed a very detailed forge/fireplace which I created using the chisel. Placing blocks in or around my base would give me short lag spikes resulting in me often placing two blocks per click. Getting rid of this heavily detailed fireplace solved the problem for me. Maybe too many chiselled blocks in a chunk caused this. It's a shame because this is a great part of the game that I really enjoy.

It's a shame because this is a great part of the game that I really enjoy.

Not only that, but if you want a certain look (for example corner stairs) you will have to use detailed mode (witch seems to be the only mode causing this) on the chisel. Im quite intrested to know what the root of this so called chunk lag is, technically speaking that is, and also why this doesnt seem to apply to say stairs or smooth stone and slabs. Ima try a few things this week and see what i can figure out, it be nice to know for example were to limit is in terms of detailed blocks per chunk, just so i know what i can and can not do untill there is some sort of fix for this.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0