Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Franbo

Flowerpots and Lawns/Wild Grass

14 posts in this topic

Howdy all,

A few thoughts for your perusal, one should be nice and simple and the other perhaps a little less so.

Flowerpots

It would be great if it were possible to create flowerpots to help brighten things up. Presumably it should be fairly easy to use the current pottery functionality to do this ( since the pots already exist in vanilla).

Lawn

I know you can just wait and grass will spread/grow into adjacent areas. However, since I do like my terraforming, it would be nice if there were functionality to accelerate the creation of grass.

Personally I like the idea of being able to cut turf from an existing lawn area and put it down elsewhere, but even just the application of seeds/fertiliser to dirt would be a gold start.

Wild Grass

My starting areas tend to end up denuded of wild grass (I know, I know, too much hay :-), it would be nice to be able to regulate bare grass with wild grass (and perhaps flowers). Perhaps the vanilla bone meal effect on grass could be re-activated just for wild grass/flowers?

Any thoughts anyone?

Franbo

I'd like dirt/grass half-slabs so I can make some really nice-looking gardens.

And maybe some flower bushes and more flowers

I am all for Flowerpots and dirt half slabs.

How about a slab chisel mode on the shovel?

that is simple and it should work fine

I've already convinced Bioxx to add flowerpots back in for 79, since we're keeping all of the new 1.7 flowers in the game.

As for wild grass, I'm not sure how I feel about re-implementing bone meal.. since the grass does already grow back on its own if it's  warm enough.

I've already convinced Bioxx to add flowerpots back in for 79, since we're keeping all of the new 1.7 flowers in the game.

As for wild grass, I'm not sure how I feel about re-implementing bone meal.. since the grass does already grow back on its own if it's  warm enough.

---

AWESOME! about the flowers anyways, they look really nice. 

It's the cold places where they don't grow back that's the problem.

If there's a way to move grass, I'd really enjoy it. I want short grass for my lawn because long grass looks wild and overgrown, but I can't move grass. and I'm not about have a dried-grass lawn

Uh, you do know that you can make shears out of wrought iron and use those right? I just tested to confirm, and you can go right ahead and shear a whole bunch of short grass and place it back down on regular grass just fine.

As for the dry grass blocks (not the short grass), the only way that you can make that greener is through irrigation.

Oh, I didn't know that......

The tall grass growing back seems a bit unbalanced though. It regrows to a significantly smaller density as it was when the chunk was generated, since it mostly dies away again in winter. 

Uh, you do know that you can make shears out of wrought iron and use those right?

Nice! I didn't try that, there's one of the items done... thanks muchly!

The tall grass growing back seems a bit unbalanced though. It regrows to a significantly smaller density as it was when the chunk was generated, since it mostly dies away again in winter. 

This was actually an intentional change, the rate at which tall grass used to grow back was absolutely ridiculous, and it seemed like players were constantly mowing their lawns if they didn't want tall grass on it.

Grass grows a lot in the spring and less during the summer (in real life). Different growing rate according to the season/rainfall, possible for TFC?