Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Terex

Animals escape TFC enclosures

12 posts in this topic

I have some cows, sheep and many pigs. Has anyone experienced these animals glitching out of the TFC fences? Once in a while I have to resort to bring them all back to their respective pens. I know even in vanilla MC this could happen but not like this. I play as single player (b78.17).

Aye, happens to me form time to time to, but fairly rarely.

I'm pretty sure what's causing this is a vanilla rounding error with chunk loading. For example (with random numbers), A pig who is pressed up against a fence has an X coordinate of 10.49999. An X coordinate of 10 is inside the pen, but an X coordinate of 11 is outside the pen. When the chunk loads, Minecraft rounds 10.49999 to 11, and suddenly the pig is outside of the fence. Obviously this is oversimplified, but it gets the idea across.

This is why i like to use solid walls to "fence" animals in. Glass is particularly effective. I also tend to make it at least 2 thick if possible.

This is why i like to use solid walls to "fence" animals in. Glass is particularly effective. I also tend to make it at least 2 thick if possible.

In vanilla, i also use glass -- bevause it seems that if you use solid blicks other than glass or glowstone, animals will sometimes suffocate inside them rather than glitching to the other side like with fences.In tfc, i've been using a double-enclosure: fence, one block wide pth, another fence.

Hmm.... it's not very authentic but i might try glass walls. 

I tend to use pits - this also solves the problem of babies being born on the other side of a wall...

My animals regularly escape, too. The worst offenders seem to be pheasants and chickens, but my cows and pigs have gone walkabout a number of times as well.

i.imgur.com/VyPBxKj.pngMy solution to this problem, seems to have fixed it. 

… In tfc, i've been using a double-enclosure: fence, one block wide pth, another fence.

Consider making the gap 2-wide and adding rows of blocks around the inner fence so that animals (and you) can walk back over the fence. Then animals which escape the inner fence may wander back in.

But I prefer pits too. Easy peasy.

Would having an only 1 deep pit work? So the animals would be encased by first a layer of (for example) dirt, with on top of that fencing, creating a 1 deep pit, would that work?

Bile