Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DanNetwalker

Mortar and pestle: uses for some materials

9 posts in this topic

There should be a way to optain powder form of several minerals, in order to recreate some real life uses of those, or as a basic chemistry tool.

Examples:

• Gypsum right now has no use. If you check wikipedia, gypsum can be used, amongst other uses, as a soil fertilizer.
  • Rock salt, according to the wiki, "drops cobblestone when mined". It should drop rock salt chunks, to be pestled into salt. Salt could be used as an ingredient for foods, or mixed with sand for anti snow powder mixture (sprayed over a roof should prevent snow build up, another possible hazzard for structures under snow).
  • Speaking of rock salt, it's supossed to be rich in pottasium nitrate. Add charcoal and sulfur there you have a nice and realistic recipe for gunpowder.

This could also be used to acquire most of the dyes in the game too! I like this idea though regardless.

Those where only three examples. Once the item to turn mineral into powder is there, there's lots of possible uses. Food, dyes, "alchemy" or basic chemistry, etc. Maybe even different grade according to the material it's done of, like with the anvils or the tools. Wood, iron, stone...

Alchemy could be an awesome addition, and this would definitely be the first tool to get us the ingredients we need from the raw resources in the world.

I can see alchemy being a big hit with the chemistry lovers :D Maybe even with a touch of fantasy alchemy in the sense where you use things like spider venom and snake blood with root of bla bla bla. You know where I'm going with that. Witch's brew lol.

Chemistry would be great. There is a couple of guys on YouTube that explain some experiments and the whole processes is pretty dam cool.

I can see alchemy being a big hit with the chemistry lovers :D Maybe even with a touch of fantasy alchemy in the sense where you use things like spider venom and snake blood with root of bla bla bla. You know where I'm going with that. Witch's brew lol.

Oh yes! This could be the start of a much better alchemy section the what vanilla has.

im also sensing a use for the gems + mortar/pestle- for early enchanting maybe. needing a much harder/more reliable item to grind up the hibegher level gems may

Maybe the mortar and pestle can be used to create ingredients to make cool potions on a brewing stand. Like, non-vanilla potions. That is if Bioxx would try to add that.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0