Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
3MASTERMIND2

Advancing???

9 posts in this topic

I have been an avid fan and player of this mod for a few months now. I have recently stopped playing the game due to lack of support and new content. I was reading posts on forums about Dunk adding new mobs like over a year ago yet he still hasn't. PUT OUT MORE UPDATES!

Lack of support?  Support has been great during the 78 update with constant updates fixing bugs.  You clearly don't understand the commitment it is to undertake a mod such as TFC that completely rewrites a lot of minecraft's core features.  This is not a mod you paid for and it is done by the dev team for free with little benefit to them other then the enjoyment of programming.  People like you diminish this benefit greatly. 

Updates get done with they have time, don't whine or act entitled.  They owe you absolutely nothing, be glad the mod even exists.

Have you seen build 78 and the seventeen hotfixes since April 10th? That's far more frequent than any other mod I know of. And you're complaining about update frequency??

I'm going to just assume you've been living in a cave for the past two months, because you're a TFC player and caves are huge. Otherwise, you must have no idea how much work it takes to make a mod, because your expectations are completely unreasonable. Most other mods have spent half a year transitioning to minecraft 1.7, and the TFC devs have been working on that and the current build at the same time. Bioxx, Dunk, Kitty, Emris, and everyone working on TFC have done a phenomenal job.

</rant>

Custom mobs are tricky, and they won't be making an appearance until TFC overhauls the mob spawning system. That's a lot of work, but is currently planned for build 79.

I am not bashing the creators at all I know the time and effort that goes into these kind of mods. All I'm saying is that its been quite a while since any major new content has been added. They could really just expand and get a few more peeps to help them progress this project. 

I don't think it was is your intent to sound this way, so I am telling you that your post comes across as juvenile, selfish, and disrespectful.

Sidenote: There is a thread where you can vote to make your preference of update frequency known to the developers.

It's never a good idea to make your first post on a forum complaint-based.

I am not bashing the creators at all I know the time and effort that goes into these kind of mods. All I'm saying is that its been quite a while since any major new content has been added. They could really just expand and get a few more peeps to help them progress this project. 

Except that you are bashing the creators, whether you intended to or not. They've done a phenomenal job lately and you're insinuating that they're not working hard enough. You're not providing anything constructive with your criticism, so that's just plain offensive.

They can't "just expand" because you're not seeing major features as often as you feel entitled to. Skilled programmers don't grow on trees, and they don't always want to work for free. More people requires more organization and planning and communication. Adding more people can also dilute the focus of the mod: This is still Bioxx's brainchild, and there is already a little bit of conflict between what Bioxx and Dunk want. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it will only happen if the devs decide they want to complicate everything for the sake of speed, and speed isn't super valuable when they're not making money off this.

... even though I would rather like to work on it :P

Wrong, There just was a big update a month ago.

Work on mod is progressing, some models for animals and stuff are in (or it's maybe me who didn't play vanilla since too long and missed the bears?), updates are inconsistent in when they are out but that's fine as there are different kinds of changes and amount of content per update so some simply take more work than others. You do get a slew of updates allowing you to play relatively non-buggy game most of the time between major version releases, so it should be okay.

Other than that, feel free to calm down, people. TFC is a free project (barring completely voluntary donations) with seldom any obligations toward players (beyond common decency of promising stuff and then delivering it). Should there be a period that there's little of updates (let's be honest, there are, for good or bad reasons) taking a break from it and playing something else is completely viable choice.

No point of getting angry, bashing, counter-bashing, accussing each other and generally making a mess here. I am not sure if this thread should keep going in this form or if it wouldn't be better for everyone involved if it'd just get closed now as it's hardly productive.