Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Felipe James

industrial age

10 posts in this topic

add eletricity to the mod, like industrialcraft.

add wind power, hydropower, thermoeletric, wires, lamps..

with steam power, we can have trains, like traincraft.

Posted Image

add oil/paraffin oil: with that, we can do plastic: plastic pots, package, and more, for storage.

obvious, with a TFC style.

the game is based in the dark ages/ early medieval era as far as i know so I don't think we will ever have that level of tech. however there may eventually be steam power in the game although it will be a while before we see it if at all.

It certainly would be neat see a custom industrial age for TFC, but it would be a huge undertaking.

There are already a lot of mods that add that kind of gameplay to Minecraft. I'm more interested in seeing the current technology theme of TFC fleshed out more completely. There may be opportunities to add automation or mechanical power without involving electricity at all.

I'll be honest.

I am very strongly against it.

Not only industrial age is way past the death of survivalistic societies, it wouldn't mesh with the theme and the mood of the game - for me - at all. Even worse thing is that industrialization very often means automatization and while it is an element many are fond of in vanilla Minecraft, building sometimes quite elaborate and interesting redstone devices (hell, I like to try my hand at some zany inventions myself from time to time), automation and typical modern conveniences here would be horrible and I am willing to bet, a ruin of TFC for quite some players (based on the fact that lack of automation, difficulties in establishing easy farms and so on is one of the high points of this mod for my acquaintances and me).

In fact, pipes etc which are considered a future addition I already see both as something that potentially may mess up the game and a thing I could perfectly do without but since so far devs claimed that it's mostly for stuff like water pumps and other simple devices rather than farms, I am somewhat pacified for now.

I also don't see stuff like plastic as befitting TFC - oh, obviously many interesting items could be added but many of them can also be done while keeping pre-medieval atmosphere (you don't really need plastic to make a pot) and many others wouldn't really fit. Things like steam-powered trains actually aren't much of feature for me, as again - convenience of fast travel is something that I am not fond of. It's enough that we have horses, more than that is simply an overkill for me.

It's uncommon for me to be so negative about an idea - normally, while I am willing to point out potential issues, it's still for the sake of improving the suggestion. But in this case I am afraid I must say that I'd rather keep TFC as far from industrial age level of technology as possible.

+1 for keeping TFC as far from industrial age as possible.  Feed the Beast already does all that very well. Currently, TFC fills a niche not covered by others. Please leave it that way.

I feel that a Industrial Add-on should be added. But a industrial age should not be added into the original game

This has been discussed to hell and back. Steam power is going to be implemented in the future updates, but unlike all existing mods, it is going to be primarily to make things easier in lategame instead of making it possible to completely automate whole production chains.

I also think it would be nice as a custom addon pack onto TFC but not in the core game.

Bile

No electricity, that's going much too far.

I'd say mechanical power like a wind mill or at the very most, a steam power, but stop at that.

And it should be something kind of like say, redstone.

No GUI of such to use, just layer the pipes/axels, input power, then watch it work.... or fall apart.

And no plastic or trains.

I think the highest we should go is about the very beginning of industrial age, then stop right there.

Just something like a say, grain mill to grind things without using the annoying-as-heck quern, or a nice big gate, but nothing complicated and such

May i say something?

I love science

So im for, even if some players will dissagre. The reason why im for is mostly because of the tfc style, because tekkit and other mods arent accurate at all sometimes

"Yep so now this diamond that i jabbed redstone into will totaly take power from this generator that dosent have any magnets, the key for producing electricity whit motion"

Wonder how that will go irl.

Tfc would also finaly intoduce the realism ive wanted in a mech mod for some time.

On an other note i DO realize that some people dont want automisation because thats not what tfc is based on, and i understand completley. But if tfc ever impliments sutch a thing, im sûre it will be hella difficult.