Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
N.Frozen

WITH KNOWLEDGE: A suggestion of Writing Books; Paper, Pens, Inks invovled.

30 posts in this topic

I see this talk about atlas mod and how it needs to "just" support TFC biomes. There is, however, no such thing as TFC biome, in general there are only Plains, Hills and Oceans, that about it. To add proper TFC support, there needs to be consideration for at the very least forest templates (or however those are called), possibly dynamically splicing those by type (coniferous, foliate, mixed at the very least). All that sounds more like a separate addon mod to me, not at all an easy fix you are talking 'bout.

In the F3 screen, the biomes show as "TFC Plains" & "TFC High Hills" etc; which the Atlas mod doesn't recognise so it shows it as flat/blank.

What I was trying to figure out before (& failed to do) is just how to add "TFC High Hills", "TFC Plains" "TFC High Plains" & the others (there's a TFC Mountain one or something too).

Examples of what I mean:

• This will show up fine as a Swamp Biome on the Atlas Mod map, as the biome's name is a vanilla biome:

Posted Image

• These two, will show as a flat/blank area on the Antique Atlas Mod map: 

Posted ImagePosted Image

Hopefully that expains what I meant better.

Anyway, there's an API for the Antique Atlas Mod http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1292324-1-7-2-1-6-4-1-5-2-forge-antique-atlas 

in order to add additional biomes to the Antique Atlas's map. 

Two problems though, I don't know a list of all of TFC's special biome names (even if 'TFC Plains' & 'TFC High Plains' looked the same it'd be fine in my opinion), & I also

don't know how the Antique Atlas Mod's API works. I couldn't figure it out; so I was wondering if somebody else may be able to.

Kind Regards,

- Scott

Hopefully that expains what I meant better.

Anyway, there's an API for the Antique Atlas Mod http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1292324-1-7-2-1-6-4-1-5-2-forge-antique-atlas in order to add additional biomes to the Antique Atlas's map. 

Two problems though, I don't know a list of all of TFC's special biome names (even if 'TFC Plains' & 'TFC High Plains' looked the same it'd be fine in my opinion), & I also

don't know how the Antique Atlas Mod's API works. I couldn't figure it out; so I was wondering if somebody else may be able to.

Kind Regards,

- Scott

The problem you are missing here is that those Biome values mean absolutely nothing in regards to what the world actually looks like. The only thing they do is general shape (hilly, flat, ocean, etc) and a very vague climate range. So you can have a "TFC Plains" in one area that is a warm, grassy plain with the occasional tree like the American midwest, and in another area it still says "TFC Plains" but it's a cold, flat wasteland that looks completely different with different animals and trees in it.

kitty, I don't think that really matters in this case. It can't be as specific, perhaps, as with vanilla's plethora of biome variations and transtions and etc, but antique atlas could show something indicating just that basic terrain shape - hills, plains, ocean - instead of nothing at all, as it does currently. Not perfect, perhaps, but seems worth attempting if you're using antique atlas.  The biggest problem might be rivers - I can't remember for sure but I don't think tfc does a river biome at all? So rivers would be invisible. Still... better than nothing, probably?

The problem you are missing here is that those Biome values mean absolutely nothing in regards to what the world actually looks like. The only thing they do is general shape (hilly, flat, ocean, etc) and a very vague climate range. So you can have a "TFC Plains" in one area that is a warm, grassy plain with the occasional tree like the American midwest, and in another area it still says "TFC Plains" but it's a cold, flat wasteland that looks completely different with different animals and trees in it.

And that's kinda why I support replicating this mod's functionality in TFC, as per my first post. TFC just works in a different way than most mods, and it needs dedicated resources to handling those differences

@scottjfox - sorry for OT, but what shader are you using here?

Looks very nice, don't know if my laptop could take it though ...