Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Treyflix

What do you want in a lets play?

12 posts in this topic

I'm considering starting a TFC let's play, and was wondering if it's something any of you would be interested in. And if I do, what would you like to see that you have not from other lets players or would like to see more of?

Have goals and focus on aestehtics. Don't show every bit of work but when you do edit the video at least explain what happened or show little snippets etc.

I like watching people play who have a goal in mind, because they are focused and not just rambling on and surviving.

Even if the task is something like, make three chisels of each type of bronze. It has no purpose but sounds interesting none the less.

Aethetics also play a large role, no one wants to watch you live in the dirt, do off camera work to ensure that people have something nice to look at unless it's the focus of the episode.

Make each episode a story. Beginning, middle and end. It's boring when a video ends half way through mining some coal or making a chestplate. Try to add some kind of cliffhanger, or something to look out for.

Lastp point. If I enjoy your style, you've got yourself a subscriber :)

I want to see someone who is having fun

I want someone to have a goal in mind on how to finish the LP cause if it just keeps going forever it gets boring

Change things up, Maybe one episode your mining / adventuring, the next your making tools, the next your building, but I dont want a five epsisode mining trip/adventure to find an ore, if it takes along time to find the ore or tree or whatever your looking for make a bunch of small clips of you find something interesting almost dieing, falling off a cliff, and put it into one episode but dont have random breaks in a continuous clip and call it an episode. Have something you want to acomplish that episode, weither its finding the ores for an alloy or just making armor, or maybe even farming. Have a goal and dont end the episode untill you complete the goal.

Dont Ramble. I hate when people run out of things to talk about so that ust say everything that comes into their head. Tell a story while your mining or explain what your doing and why but dont just be like "Open the chest, Grab wool, grap planks, Craft bed."

Set up the next episode at the ending give us a hint about what you have in mind for next time.

Have multiple projects. If your building a town have one episode be building a wall, then a black smith, then a castle, I dont want to see the same building everytime you decide to build.

Explain what you're doing in the mod as if everyone who watches your video knows nothing but what you have told them aready.

Make a story, I like LP's that have a story behind them even if it is made up on the fly have a backstory to talk about follow a specific path you set for yourself, make it interesting.

And just overall have fun, if you get worn out on the LP stop for a while play other games, take a break, but dont just stop it if youve got people watching.

I'd like to see harsher survival. Like a top of a mountain or something. :) All that editing that @dutchraptor mentioned is also great :)

There is some great feed back here! This should definetly get me started.

Try doing something unique, and don't just build a house with a thatch roof or whatever. Try having a mountain or underground (water?) base. Try new things. And most importantly, have fun.

I actually really like damjancd's idea of a harsher survival.

In my latest game I spawned in a biome that has marble (for graphite), basalt (for gold and copper and iron) and granite (for silver) and even gabbro in a mountain further from my house. It took me only a week or two to get a full set of black bronze armour.

It would be awesome to see a tfc survival series with extremely limited trees, crops and animals.

I'd like to see harsher survival. Like a top of a mountain or something. :) All that editing that @dutchraptor mentioned is also great :)

Explain more. Shoot me some ideas if what "harsher survival" would entail.

Broadly speaking, I like to see new and interesting ways to accomplish things. In Minecraft, that often means using clever architecture (for productivity, defensibility,etc.).

The one thing that annoys me most in LPs is when the LPer doesn't really know the game, but I don't think that's a serious risk here.

I think TerraFirmaCraft is a rather "underground" mod, therefore not a whole lot of people are aware of it and lots of people are very new to the mod (correct me if I'm wrong). It would be great if you did all the things suggested by everyone above, but made it slightly tutorial-ized for the many people unfamiliar with TFC. For example when I started playing I couldn't find any decent tutorials on the Mod that weren't in some other language, or that weren't from 6 months ago or more (outdated). I have no clue if you're very familiar with the mod and all it's aspects yourself, or if you would be learning it as you do your videos, but either way I would enjoy it.

I think TerraFirmaCraft is a rather "underground" mod, therefore not a whole lot of people are aware of it and lots of people are very new to the mod (correct me if I'm wrong). It would be great if you did all the things suggested by everyone above, but made it slightly tutorial-ized for the many people unfamiliar with TFC. For example when I started playing I couldn't find any decent tutorials on the Mod that weren't in some other language, or that weren't from 6 months ago or more (outdated). I have no clue if you're very familiar with the mod and all it's aspects yourself, or if you would be learning it as you do your videos, but either way I would enjoy it.

Don't worry, whenever I find my "niche" I will make sure not to neglect the new players. It would be foolish not to since I would be giving away my biggest potential audience. Without offending anyone I think it is safe to say the only LP channel out there that is both A: up to date, B: contains comprehensive and efficient tutorial aspects, and C: is run by a user who knows a lot about the mod, while still (D:) being of decent content and quality is Dunkleosteus. Etho is great and super professional, but he is still a newbie to the mod. Obviously I can never know the game as well as Dunk since he is a dev, but if I work on my YouTube editing and quality control skills I may be able to eek out and advantage and start to build a decent fanbase. However this all hinges one thing; I have to find a perspective on TFC that is different enough and suits my play style enough that I can take advantage of relatively non frequent uploads (possibly twice a week, I can't keep up with Dunk or Etho's schedule as a Student and an Athlete :P)Also for those concerned, I know I can be enthusiastic and having fun. I pride myself in being one of the most upbeat people you'll meet. Although I'm still working on creating a "voice" that works with my limited equipment. Trying to strike a balance between "enthusiastic" without making those annoying mic blowouts. I'll figure it out though in a few days :) I want to make sure when/if I do this it's quality and worth everyone's time.

Vulnerability and humor.  The reason I really enjoy watching Etho (who turned me on to TFC) is because he's more than able to laugh at himself and is pretty aware of his limitations, but doesn't try to hide them.  To me, what makes a good LP is being able to connect to the player.  If I can connect to the player and feel what they are feeling, then the game and how they are playing it are much less important.  For instance, I enjoy watching Etho play just about any game because I enjoy his sense of humor and his relaxed attitude.  There are other youtubers that I can't even watch do MC LPs.