Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkLadyPhoenix

What would you find in the dungeons?

18 posts in this topic

Saw this on the front page for what is being worked on next:

• Agriculture, including new plants and ways to farm.
  • Reworking more vanilla things that have no place in TerraFirmaCraft such as vanilla cobblestone in villages. or vanilla loot in dungeons
The first thing that came to mind was "Nooooo..." when I read about the vanilla loot. Here's why.

Go watch the preview video for sluice and tell me what's wrong with it.

That's right, a bucket. We need buckets for moving water! I'd love to find a bucket in a dungeon if finding the vanilla iron ingots are removed. What else does this mod lack that you're finding you feel you need?

I would just add Bucket Blueprint to Scribing Table and make it so it requires Ingot 2X to be crafted.

Eventually Wooden Bucket, but with something to prevent leaks like...wheat/cactus ?

I would just add Bucket Blueprint to Scribing Table and make it so it requires Ingot 2X to be crafted.

Eventually Wooden Bucket, but with something to prevent leaks like...wheat/cactus ?

Yeah I agree with the new bucket blueprint. BTW you don't technical need a bucket for the sluice as you can just dig a channel near the water but buckets would be nice anyway.I wouldn't be surprised if they are added in the beta2 with the rest of the agriculture.

Isn't it stated like everywhere around the wiki that Panning is a subject to be removed?

Or Bioxx wants it to stay anyways?

Isn't it stated like everywhere around the wiki that Panning is a subject to be removed?

Or Bioxx wants it to stay anyways?

I heard a rumour like that as well but I like the idea of panning it just needs a bit of work. no point in removing it imo.

I think the dungeon loot could be ingots of harder to find minerals and of course, the gems (that don't do anything yet). Maybe metal weapons and tools as well. Pieces of armor should be loot as well.

do not worry about the buckets.

Bioxx clearly stated that there will be wooden buckets to come with the agriculture system and will be cheaper than normal iron buckets.

Anyway id like to find ores and tools in dungeons

yeah essentially it should be the same kinds of things found in the dungeons. armors/ingots/food. just replace them with the TFC equivalents.

The things I'd like to find in dungeons would be rare seeds and kapok/sequoia saplings. And maybe later on currency when that is added to the game.

This is sort of off topic and pretty trivial but something I'd like to see added to Mineshafts would be rooms with Forges, Bloomeries, Campfires, Scribing and Metallurgy Tables. Then it would look as if someone used the Mineshafts properly in TFC. Oh and they could have chests with Metallurgy materials.

This is sort of off topic and pretty trivial but something I'd like to see added to Mineshafts would be rooms with Forges, Bloomeries, Campfires, Scribing and Metallurgy Tables. Then it would look as if someone used the Mineshafts properly in TFC. Oh and they could have chests with Metallurgy materials.

Yes. and more yes. I like that

yes and even more yes this is a god send idea to add even more so with servers to use these on.

it is kinda off topic, but yeah it fits and is a fantastic idea.

maybe founding plans of some kind of modern stuff for doing things like how mechanical power works an plans for mechanical parts like millstones or axles or gearboxes, or maybe gunpowder guns (for using all the sulphur :P). and i agree with the idea of the mineshaft with work areas its fantastic and make a lot of sense than the vanilla mineshaft where thers kilometers of tunnels and random placed chest with valuable stuff

Currency, crafted goods, gems...someone put these in a chest, and you store valuables in a chest. I dont want to see crap in there, but also I dont want to see anything game-breaking, like diamond picks.

Yes, but with a grain of salt. The forges and bloomeries are ok (it's made from bricks, after all). But it should be damaged, incomplete or missing some pieces/partially caved in or something like that. Campfires are essentially wooden sticks piled, so I don't see as easy for a long abandoned one to stay in it's place, but whouldn't mind too much if I see one.

The loot should be gems and noble metals, of course. Maybe tematic? Seeds in a chest under a desert doesn't fit too well for me.

Seeds in a chest under the desert might make more sense than not actually. If plant food was scarce on the surface, maybe the "previous owners" of this abandoned workshop were growing their own food somewhere in the depths. But otherwise, yeah, everything should be damaged/derilict for the most part.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0