Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Delta7707

[Offline] TERRAFIRMA Forever (B.C. Cross over)(Small Boats)(Town Protection)(ExtraFirma)(PVP-NO GREIFING)(No Whitelist)(Oil Gen Fixed) More to Come.

123 posts in this topic

This one was under a roof. I actually had a sheep randomly die as well. They were both near a smooth stone wall, so I'm wondering if they're glitching into the wall and suffocating.

Built a fence against the wall to see if that stops it. I'll eventually move them away from the wall entirely once I get proper pens built.

On the industry front, the Melinia blast furnace is now ready to go. I'm happy to blast out some pig iron for anyone looking to trade for other goods. I'll also be setting up a basic public smithy with a copper anvil for anyone that has some quick smithing needs. Still looking for cows, horses, and most fruit trees as trade, but nickel has now moved up as my biggest need. Oh, and there's a zombie defense perimeter built around the place, but players should be able to jump over the fence at several points. I'll put proper gates and roads in later. If you find a zombie opening, let me know. Still need to light the place up more...

any word on when the oil fix will be going live on the server?

Unfortunately not yet still waiting ..... Still keeping the server but hoping emris speeds things up.

This one was under a roof. I actually had a sheep randomly die as well. They were both near a smooth stone wall, so I'm wondering if they're glitching into the wall and suffocating.

They need a grass pasture in an open space.

Oddly enough, they seem to live indefinitely underground (never lost one when I had them stuck in the basement for initial safekeeping).

Uhh, The server requires four mods that aren't posted, How the hell do I even get them if I don't know what they are.

They're the awger mods, can someone post the link to get them?

As noted on Page 1, that's the Small Boats mod, which you can pick up here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1599100-wip-small-boats-elegant-punt-whitehall/

Drop that in with your other mods and you should be good to go. If you have Archimedes installed take it out, since this is a replacement). Also as noted, I don't think these are functional yet since they need vanilla wool blocks.

Unfortunately not yet still waiting ..... Still keeping the server but hoping emris speeds things up.

Emris already released build 0.9 which fixes oil spawning. Your server is still running 0.8

Having yet another error

ID 1530 from Mod BuildCraft:Energy is missing

You guys have a fix for that?

Check the main.conf file under Buildcraft in the Config folder (should be under your user ID in AppDataRoaming.minecraftconfigbuildcraft). It looks like the Oil ID is mismatched, so set the following line then restart your client

I:oil.id=1530

It's under the section like this:

####################
# block
####################

You can, alternatively, delete the .CONF file entirely and when you restart the client it should rebuild the Oil ID correctly.

Server Undergoing map refreshment I require every ones cords of there homes PM to me so I can crop them in MCEDIT essentially I'm Wiping every chunk except for peoples homes & hard work. Need them really soon. Really want to Fix the world and get thinks Rolling for everyone. Downloaded map as is and starting work already.

If you get it running and need some testing before go live, shoot me a PM and I can see about jumping on.

If you get it running and need some testing before go live, shoot me a PM and I can see about jumping on.

forsure

Coolio. Oh, and an update on the random animal deaths--since building the fence so they can't get to the smooth stone I've not had a single death. Looks like that theory is proving fairly sound. Now the chickens get "stuck" in any corners of the fencing, which also seems to draw them in like a magnet. But, at least they don't die...and this was all of course before the server went offline for the oil upgrade.

Still no luck on figuring out a way to get wool blocks for the Small Boats. I've got tons of wool string now, so ready to go whenever this one gets figured out. I've also started mapping out the seas to figure out travel routes, with MapWriter putting everything in a nice composite view.

Does this server have teleports? And how many days is the year length?

The only teleports at present are /home (only one home set per player) and /back, as well as TPA. I left my Year Length to default in the CONFIG file, so I assume the server is at default as well.

Coolio. Oh, and an update on the random animal deaths--since building the fence so they can't get to the smooth stone I've not had a single death. Looks like that theory is proving fairly sound. Now the chickens get "stuck" in any corners of the fencing, which also seems to draw them in like a magnet. But, at least they don't die...and this was all of course before the server went offline for the oil upgrade.

Still no luck on figuring out a way to get wool blocks for the Small Boats. I've got tons of wool string now, so ready to go whenever this one gets figured out. I've also started mapping out the seas to figure out travel routes, with MapWriter putting everything in a nice composite view.

spindle wool together into a block believe.

Does this server have teleports? And how many days is the year length?

Its set to default 96 minecraft days in a  year i believe but i've considered making it realistic and placing 365 minecraft days in a year.

spindle wool together into a block believe.

Hmm, I haven't tried spindle with materials, so I'll give that a shot.

I could definitely support a longer year. Right now the time passes so fast I've only seen red apples on my tree once, and never caught the olives at all. Of course, that means animal breeding will take longer. I've seen 288 days as a suggested length to compromise between the two.

This can be remedied with Custom Recipes Mod. Like this you would be able to change the recipe to any thing you like. Would Also be able to make Metal Sheets needed for the last Boat as an Artificial wall before you can get it. I was already looking into this and will toss the Server Admin some info to get it setup.

Its set to default 96 minecraft days in a  year i believe but i've considered making it realistic and placing 365 minecraft days in a year.

From my exp 365 ends up being too long a time period. However the default is a tad to fast. If you just double it too 192 or 288 that was suggested i think would work well.

I definitely support longer year length. A lot of servers use 360 days, which is exactly 5 days IRL, while 288 is 4 days. And I am relieved that the server doesn't have too many teleports, like town to town. :P /back does what exactly? Does it let you go back to where you died? If so, isn't that a little overpowered?

Correct on the functionality for /back...it sends you back to the last place you were before death, or alternately before using /home. I've not found it to be too powerful so far. It does indeed cut out some of the trudge of walking back and forth over large expanses, so exploration is easier. It's definitely not "hardcore" in that sense. 

That's ok. This is the most appealing server I've found and look forward to playing on it with my friend who I'm waiting for to be ready. How many players are generally on the server?