Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Delta7707

[Offline] TERRAFIRMA Forever (B.C. Cross over)(Small Boats)(Town Protection)(ExtraFirma)(PVP-NO GREIFING)(No Whitelist)(Oil Gen Fixed) More to Come.

123 posts in this topic

I'm on quite often and usually see 1-2 people around at times. It's not highly active yet, I think because folks are waiting for the oil update. The players that are on are fairly dedicated, helpful, and fun for conversation so definitely enjoying it.

is it possible to turn the server on now? my friend and i want to try it out.

delta is still working on re-generating the world to accommodate the new oil fix for BuildCraft. He's using MCEDIT to copy folk's bases and import them back into the regened world so people don't lose their work but we get the oil fields. It's taking a bit of time, obviously. No word yet on when the server will be back up.

Still finishing map LOTS was explored and MCEDIT is having a really hard time pruning the chunks from people's work trying to save a world here hahaha but ya over 100000 chunks are being wiped and it's a slow process when your trying to save peoples work

That's ok. This is the most appealing server I've found and look forward to playing on it with my friend who I'm waiting for to be ready. How many players are generally on the server?

Not many at the moment. Being truthful it's been In beta phase for a while until oil gen got fixed. Maps still flushing it's taking super long for it to prune all unused chunks and I don't know why but it's working just need to be patient. once everything's running again I'm hoping it will draw people in. I didn't wanna wipe and have people who've joined already leave due work being gone, people place a lot of time and work into there projects and I respect that I've been a victim of that once to many so I make my best effort to find the problem repair and fix the map and also keeping people's inventory intact rather then wiping.

If you regenerate the chunks, then won't that mess up the look of the terrain gen between the old chunks of people's buildings and the new chunks? Like they won't join up...sorry, I haven't ever really used MC edit.

It can if people did significant terraforming, like carving into a mountain for stone or some such. The places I've seen thus far wouldn't have significant variance from the town vs. new chunks, but I haven't seen everyone's work of course.

If you regenerate the chunks, then won't that mess up the look of the terrain gen between the old chunks of people's buildings and the new chunks? Like they won't join up...sorry, I haven't ever really used MC edit.

No the seed stays the same the map will always regenerate exactly as it was even if I made a brand new world and used the same seed everything spawns exactly where it did before via trees ores trees terrains ponds & oceans

I thought you would just create a new world after the oil update, using MCedit to bring stuffs back in is going to be very time consuming.

Perhaps you could take a poll to see what people on your server think about abdyman's idea?

If he's going to be finished within 24 hours, my guess is the poll would take longer than the work to move folks over.

I just got a blast furnace going so losing that would be sub-optimal, but I'd go with the majority if that's favored. I know there are a few others that have some fairly developed settlements and large ore stacks processed so I appreciate the sensitivity delta has toward running folks off by rebooting all their work.

I have taken the time to do some testing with Small Boats in TFC and seems to work just fine. Few notes though:

Traversing in shallow water causes the boats to move sporadically. Even the punt has issues sometimes in water less the 2/3 blocks deep.

For the hoy, anything less then like 5/6 blocks deep will cause a similar issue.

That's pretty cool, actually. Means we can have a reason to go out into the world and build canals, deep-water docks, etc.

That's pretty cool, actually. Means we can have a reason to go out into the world and build canals, deep-water docks, etc.

yea i found it interesting as well. the mod creator made the boats have physics which is the reason why that happens

What are the advantages of this over the Archimedes' Ships mod?

Having specific ship models means we're less likely to run into weird ship compile/de-compile issues that pop up with Archimedes. It also takes out the air-ship options, which I found to make TFC far too easy.

Servers up :) will work on punt recipes later but for now have fuuuunnnn

Logged on and didn't die. Check.

All my settlement seems to be intact. Check.

Did a little exploring and found my first oil seepage. Check.

Emris logged on and I said Howdy! Sweet...and Check.

Looking good so far.

Having specific ship models means we're less likely to run into weird ship compile/de-compile issues that pop up with Archimedes. It also takes out the air-ship options, which I found to make TFC far too easy.

I really liked Archimedes had great ideas for mobile oil Derrick platforms in the oceans also making generator platforms mobile. Decided to test to see if I could break it and surly I did had a decompiling error occur so Archimedes is a no go unless people can be responsible and not go over board with it which someone is bound to do at some point in time but I think it takes away from the fun of setting up a worksites and as for protection ill figure out a system but for now ill gladly come claim and set land protection to anyone who needs it for there home

I had great fun on an IC Experimental server using Archimedes for those mobile oil platforms. Works like a charm once you figure out how to not break it, and I had the Ender IO and Ender tanks for easy transport back home. But that is indeed the trick and so all the new folks coming in using Archimedes inevitably get stuck inside mountains, decompile at 200 blocks high, build some 1000+ block mega ship that glitches like crazy, etc. Now, what I'd really like to see is a multi-block approach to shipbuilding in TFC, requiring a dry-dock structure first, then multiple parts to create the ship (which you then can't carry around in inventory of course). But that's outside the scope for this particular discussion...

Why can't we claim ourselves? MyTown is on, right?

Delta's using SimpleTown at present rather than MyTown. As there's no cost for claiming, he's got player claims turned off. PM him the coordinates and he'll get it claimed for you.

Why can't we claim ourselves? MyTown is on, right?

Ill be setting a form of economy where you can buy land claims from spawn city once its been built Thinking bout finding a Money mod so there can be an actual physical item currency but still reviewing ideas and browsing mods and plugins. Majority of my staff have left this project so I'm doing my best to run everything by myself there are seats open for moderators. checking my forum in-between breaks and keeping in touch with my people's. Improvements are on the way but hard to do when I'm on a remote island working 12 hours a day. There are rules for the Internet here so I'm limited to what I Can cant do unfortunatly. :/