Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Delta7707

[Offline] TERRAFIRMA Forever (B.C. Cross over)(Small Boats)(Town Protection)(ExtraFirma)(PVP-NO GREIFING)(No Whitelist)(Oil Gen Fixed) More to Come.

123 posts in this topic

One of the servers I used to play on used CustomNPC's to sell items at spawn and the mod had coins.

A coin press addon for TFC would be interesting ... hmm, i'll have to think about that one :)

A coin press addon for TFC would be interesting ... hmm, i'll have to think about that one :)

That would be super interesting and convenient seen some leaked items for the next version of tfc that involves coins being a craftable item... Aswell as coloured beds but could be fan made. All I would need is the tradomat from IC and Ide be set

That would be super interesting and convenient seen some leaked items for the next version of tfc that involves coins being a craftable item... Aswell as coloured beds but could be fan made. All I would need is the tradomat from IC and Ide be set

That would be super interesting and convenient seen some leaked items for the next version of tfc that involves coins being a craftable item... Aswell as coloured beds but could be fan made.All I would need is the tradomat from IC and Ide be set

There is a trade booth's mod that someone on the TFC forums wrote. It's by aeroc.http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/1443329-1-6-4-smp-forge-916-trade-booth-mod-0-6-4-1

Delta, some thoughts on mods/plugins.

I used Tradebooth noted above a while back and it worked fairly well. However, that was on a pure Forge server. I assume for this one to work here you'd have to use Cauldron. 

Have you looked at SimpleTowns Economy (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/simpletownseconomy/) to enable player's buying their own plots?

I would certainly like InventoryTweaks (http://inventory-tweaks.readthedocs.org/en/latest/) if you can work it in, as it greatly enhances inventory management.

Finally, I'd like to plug LWC (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/lwc/) as a a lock option. I'd like to invite new folks into Melinia so they can learn the mod in a settled town, but at the same time would be bummed out if they blew through all the town's ore fiddling with the crucible and ending up with unknown ingots. It seems like this might be a good compromise instead of implementing Towny in full if you have performance concerns.

It's been nice seeing many new folks on the server. If any new folks are online and need some help, I'm happy to assist.

I really would like to play this server but any time I see PVP I got chills on my spyne.

Specially on a Terrafirmacraft server where is so hard to make tools and armor,

The last time I try to play on a PVP server i had some dumb kids ambushing me and stealing all my tools weapons and armor so many times that I just rage quit.

Terrafirmacraft is about colaboration.

Would you reconsider the PVP notion?

I cant understand what is the appeal for someone after working hard and finally getting his first copper tool just to have it stolen by someone else.  

Can someone help me? I hope i installed all of the mods correctly but when i try to join your server get this

"ID 1530 from mod BuildCraft:Energy i smissing"

Can anyone help me with this? Did i not install something correctly? Or not install something at all?

For the PVP aspect, I haven't seen that as an issue thus far on the server. Everyone is far too focused on surviving/advancing to go after others. I'm not a huge PVP fan either--I'd say if folks want to fight it out we could build an arena.

For the ID issue, as noted in my post on page 2:

Check the main.conf file under Buildcraft in the Config folder (should be under your user ID in AppDataRoaming.minecraftconfigbuildcraft). It looks like the Oil ID is mismatched, so set the following line then restart your client

I:oil.id=1530

It's under the section like this:

####################
# block
####################

You can, alternatively, delete the .CONF file entirely and when you restart the client it should rebuild the Oil ID correctly.

NOTICE: Server upgrading this week expecting completion on 11th and many server tweaks mods and plugins

will be updated and integrated. Simpletowns will be removed and towny will take its place. which will include economy plot/town claims.

Also we are working on turning to technic for a custom launcher for ease of access for all.

New addons:

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/shopkeepers/

http://palmergames.com/towny/

I really would like to play this server but any time I see PVP I got chills on my spyne.

Specially on a Terrafirmacraft server where is so hard to make tools and armor,

The last time I try to play on a PVP server i had some dumb kids ambushing me and stealing all my tools weapons and armor so many times that I just rage quit.

Terrafirmacraft is about colaboration.

Would you reconsider the PVP notion?

I cant understand what is the appeal for someone after working hard and finally getting his first copper tool just to have it stolen by someone else.  

I see and understand your concern ATM keep inventory is on till a solution is in place to make it more fair so that there can be a fun pvp aspect and no onehas to to lose there hard earned items but that may change in the future because its only normal that there be bandits out in the world. Towny will be applied so you may join a kingdom or create your own :) but ya for now all is safe :P 

For the PVP aspect, I haven't seen that as an issue thus far on the server. Everyone is far too focused on surviving/advancing to go after others. I'm not a huge PVP fan either--I'd say if folks want to fight it out we could build an arena.

For the ID issue, as noted in my post on page 2:

Check the main.conf file under Buildcraft in the Config folder (should be under your user ID in AppDataRoaming.minecraftconfigbuildcraft). It looks like the Oil ID is mismatched, so set the following line then restart your client

I:oil.id=1530

It's under the section like this:

####################
# block
####################

You can, alternatively, delete the .CONF file entirely and when you restart the client it should rebuild the Oil ID correctly.

already thinking bout building arenas in spawn city in the future to host events :D

Working on the Economy and Towny plugins now, it seems, so you'll likley find things fairly locked down until the config settings are all set.

Delta, some thoughts on mods/plugins.

I used Tradebooth noted above a while back and it worked fairly well. However, that was on a pure Forge server. I assume for this one to work here you'd have to use Cauldron. 

Have you looked at SimpleTowns Economy (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/simpletownseconomy/) to enable player's buying their own plots?

I would certainly like InventoryTweaks (http://inventory-tweaks.readthedocs.org/en/latest/) if you can work it in, as it greatly enhances inventory management.

Finally, I'd like to plug LWC (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/lwc/) as a a lock option. I'd like to invite new folks into Melinia so they can learn the mod in a settled town, but at the same time would be bummed out if they blew through all the town's ore fiddling with the crucible and ending up with unknown ingots. It seems like this might be a good compromise instead of implementing Towny in full if you have performance concerns.

It's been nice seeing many new folks on the server. If any new folks are online and need some help, I'm happy to assist.

Inventory tweaks is a client addon and not needed on the server. That being said it works a little weird with TFC. There was an old customization that Biox posted to make it work but that does not work anymore. I still use it, just the tool replacement is buggy

I hope that we won't be able to teleport to towns and outposts freely.

NOTICE: Server upgrading this week expecting completion on 11th and many server tweaks mods and plugins

will be updated and integrated. Simpletowns will be removed and towny will take its place. which will include economy plot/town claims.

Also we are working on turning to technic for a custom launcher for ease of access for all.

New addons:

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/shopkeepers/

http://palmergames.com/towny/

The first 2 plugins are nice, however gravestones does not seem to work correctly. At the moment in the server when you die you keep all your items. Also LWC does not seem to be necessary if you are already using Towny to protect your stuff. Ohh and inventory plugins is a client side mode, like minimaps

Edit: Also you might want to consider lowering the number of players the server supports. TFC with Buildcraft on top of all the other mods will eventually cause a lot of strain. At best im thinking even a really good server could support maybe 20-30 players

Hmm, I'm not getting InventoryTweaks working fully for some reason then. I get no option buttons for chest sorting, etc. I thought I recalled that being caused by the server side not recognizing the mod, but perhaps its a config issue.*

For LWC, it might have use as a means of allowing multiple players to have personally locked blocks in the same chunk. For that use, it should likely be set such that blocks are not locked by default. This would be neat, for instance, in a Town Hall where you have some sections public, some sections open to the town members, and some sections restricted to the mayor.

*EDIT: And trying it in Single Player I see I also don't get chest buttons, even though the config has it turned on. Perhaps more TFC conflicts there. All I really get out of it right now is pressing R to resort the player inventory.

I hope that we won't be able to teleport to towns and outposts freely.

Are you thinking town spawns should be turned off, or should have a cost? I'd favor the latter to help with trade between towns and such. If it could be set to require Ender Pearls that would have a thematic connection.

Either one is fine, as long as it doesn't take the challenge out of travelling by just setting up outposts. I like the enderpearl cost.

Delta, looks like Tombstone may be buggy. When I logged back in I died immediately due to unknown cause. I was in my town, so figured I'd just go back and get my stuff (death sent me to a really tall mountain north of the old spawn, BTW). However, on returning there was no tombstone.

EDIT: dinowiz34 reports he had the same problem earlier, after I checked on why there was a big hole dug in my backyard...

Since we're doing a lot of mod changes/additions I have a question. Delta are you the one working on the BC/TFC crossover? or do you at least know the maker really well? Because I think getting railcraft into this would probably be the best thing ever lol

Hey all, I wanted to let folks know that with Towny now fully operational the town of Melinia is open for residents. This town will be built as a new player friendly place for folks to learn how TFC works. Any new resident gets one plot for free and can buy other plots. New residents are free to head out into the wilderness and found new towns whenever they feel ready. I've left the landscape largely unchanged since the refresh so folks can get a feel for prospecting, hunt for crops, etc. I'm also happy to help folks that want to go it alone but need help with Towny.

I'm also looking for several long-term residents to hold major posts: farmer/cook for maintaining crops and seed supplies as well as finding new recipes, forester for maintaining the tree farm and sapling supplies (plus firing charcoal for the community), prospector/miner to find and manage bringing in ore and minerals, and finally smith, for advancing tech levels and providing for community needs. These are listed in ascending difficulty, i.e. the person taking on the smith role has to be really skilled at this job, whereas the farmer takes less skill (but no less responsibility). We are currently at Steel level, working toward Black Steel. I'm also looking for folks interested in doing major community projects, e.g. I'd like a road built all the way to the north coast (where someone will hopefully found a port city). I am a bit picky on terrain/building, e.g. don't go leveling all the hills, digging vast pits, building 1-block towers, etc. but you'll have general freedom on your own plots outside this.

Finally, I'll pay massive sums for anyone that can successfully relocate deer and/or bears here, just for fun...

Melinia is located at almost exactly 0,0.

Noting a possible server issue. As reported over in the Support forum Fruit at the Equator thread, for some reason my fruit trees bloom but never show fruit, although right clicking them at times does drop fruit. My berry bushes aren't bearing any fruit at all, despite having almost all the types and so spanning numerous seasons. dunk has confirmed temperature shouldn't be impacting fruit production, so something else is going on. I don't know that there's anything we can do about this, just want folks to have a heads up.

Noting a possible server issue. As reported over in the Support forum Fruit at the Equator thread, for some reason my fruit trees bloom but never show fruit, although right clicking them at times does drop fruit. My berry bushes aren't bearing any fruit at all, despite having almost all the types and so spanning numerous seasons. dunk has confirmed temperature shouldn't be impacting fruit production, so something else is going on. I don't know that there's anything we can do about this, just want folks to have a heads up.

this is not just at the equator, my town and another have the same issue. The fruit trees seem to stay graphically in the bloom stage their entire season but can still be harvested at the right times. Also crops are taking 2+years to grow.

Kitty noted on the support thread that it might be related to using MCPC+ on the server, which I'm guessing we probably are since we've got plugins and mods at the same time.