Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Delta7707

[Offline] TERRAFIRMA Forever (B.C. Cross over)(Small Boats)(Town Protection)(ExtraFirma)(PVP-NO GREIFING)(No Whitelist)(Oil Gen Fixed) More to Come.

123 posts in this topic

Kitty noted on the support thread that it might be related to using MCPC+ on the server, which I'm guessing we probably are since we've got plugins and mods at the same time.

yea,

would like to see if anyone here has ever played on a 288 days in a year server. If so, is it common for farm crops to take about 4years to grow?

Delta another thing, the server reset messages. The last one is at 8 mins before server down. So if you come in after that display or lose track of time trying to finish something up and have items in your crafting windows, you will lose them during the restart. I suggest taking away the 8min timer and change it to maybe a 10-15 and then another at 1min before restart.

Yeah, I just lost 3 fish traps in the crafting grid to that yesterday actually, and a steel ingot the night before. Definitely need a "server closing imminent, stow your gear" message of some sort.

Another oddity...my wooden buckets seem to sometimes disappear. I thought at first maybe a town member was just borrowing them, but I tested by creating a private chest and placing some buckets inside. After a day or so, one of the buckets was gone. 

As a note for all, the server is crashing right now. It'll come up and stay for a few minutes, then fail again.

Unknown at present. After the last crash it hasn't come back up.

Kimbblesrath and I got on, then when marrdock logged on it crashed again. Working to narrow down possible issues. marrdock, have you noticed anything specific at your site? Trying to eliminate if it's something at a particular user location, or it could be player volume related (although 3 players shouldn't be any volume strain at all).

Aaand we're back up. I was on with Kimbblesrath and Maxames, so 3 people isn't the problem. marrdock, if you get on and see a crash post here, as it may be something local to your active chunks.

Heh, yep it's definitely marrdock. Delta and mogspawn were on for this crash, so can analyze the issue better.

What do you guys think about removing some of the teleport commands? AFAIK, we have /home, /t spawn, and /tpa right now. I think 3 commands to get around the world makes travelling around the TFC world trivial, and that's part of the fun and challenge in TFC especially on a server, making goods harder to transport. /tpa is probably the most overpowered. I propose that either some of these commands be removed or have a cost added to them (if that's possible).

I've PM'd the coordinates marrdock provided to Delta to see if they can figure out what's going on. It's almost certainly a corrupt chunk loading error of some sort near that spot given that the same thing happens to both of you.

For teleportation, travel is certainly one of the challenge aspects of the game that can make TFC such fun. I've personally covered tens of thousands of blocks on this server with my wandering explorations to find animals and crops. My latest exploit (last night) was getting a white mare home that I found over 9,000 blocks from town. And I found more horses on the trip back that I want to get...Teleporting would have missed all that, and also made the unique benefit of having that white mare less relevant. I'd very much like it if towns could work toward having an intra-town travel plan. For instance, I think it would be really cool to build a "0 line" tunnel on both axes, then run track down it and make a train system. Towns could then connect to the 0 line to reach other towns. We could also build roads, bridges, ports, etc.

For teleportation, travel is certainly one of the challenge aspects of the game that can make TFC such fun. I've personally covered tens of thousands of blocks on this server with my wandering explorations to find animals and crops. My latest exploit (last night) was getting a white mare home that I found over 9,000 blocks from town. And I found more horses on the trip back that I want to get...Teleporting would have missed all that, and also made the unique benefit of having that white mare less relevant. I'd very much like it if towns could work toward having an intra-town travel plan. For instance, I think it would be really cool to build a "0 line" tunnel on both axes, then run track down it and make a train system. Towns could then connect to the 0 line to reach other towns. We could also build roads, bridges, ports, etc.

all the more reason to add railcraft =p

RailCraft could have some fun aspects, especially since it already takes the multi-block approach to major machines favored by TFC. The modular approach RailCraft uses would allow easier separation of what things are utilized. It would obviously require some work to balance out the steam engines, crusher, etc. with the TFC ores and minerals, but I would absolutely love to have some end-game functions to replace the stone age quern since nobody's modded up a windmill yet...although I suppose the rock crusher might be overkill for pounding out flour!

Hey all, I thought I should note I figured out the disappearing bucket mystery...it has to do with using the buckets to milk cows, then placing the milk in a barrel. That bucket will then disappear after a time for some reason, perhaps because it's then associated with the spoilage mechanics for the milk. Using the bucket to get something else, like water or vinegar, fixes the bucket back so it won't disappear.

Also, a list of "conversions" I've noted so far from the BC mining well/quarry: I'll update as I find more.

Original-->Becomes

Marble-->Rock Salt

Basalt-->Diorite

Gneiss-->Claystone

Also, Bituminous Coal and Lignite both return as the actual item by that name rather than "Coal" which as far as I can tell means they become useless? This all does bring up a thought for another store at spawn--a "Quarry Exchange" that deals specifically in items transmuted by the BC machines. So, I could bring in a stack of rock salt and get back marble, trade lignite for coal, etc.

I have a problem with smelting ores in vessel. Everything like pottery works, but nuggets are remain in vessel and no liquid metals in there.

UPD: smelting works on usual terrain blocks, but peat blocks don't work

Can you give some more details about what you are putting in the vessel and how you are firing it? If you place the wrong mix of metals in a vessel, it won't fire for instance. If you see me on at some point when you're on, feel free to remind me of the problem and I'll see if I can help.

Melinia officially passed the "end game" threshold today with acquisition of our enchanting table. Enchanting services are offered to other players/towns in exchange for finished metals...'cause smithing drives me nuts.

So, I think this one is dead since I've not seen anyone on in a while and we've heard nothing from Delta in a few weeks. For anyone interested in continuing a TFC server with BuildCraft (and RailCraft, and TrainCraft), shoot me a PM as I wouldn't want to recruit in Delta's thread. A few of us have been working on compatibility and it's looking good. I've also fully worked out using both LWC and Towny with TFC blocks so the perms/access control levels properly work.

So, I think this one is dead since I've not seen anyone on in a while and we've heard nothing from Delta in a few weeks. For anyone interested in continuing a TFC server with BuildCraft (and RailCraft, and TrainCraft), shoot me a PM as I wouldn't want to recruit in Delta's thread. A few of us have been working on compatibility and it's looking good. I've also fully worked out using both LWC and Towny with TFC blocks so the perms/access control levels properly work.

Unfortunately I somewhat have I do apologize Im busy with work and have lost interest sadly :( BUT?!? I wish to give the server to erian so he may continue it and turn it into the next best thing :)

Ah, thanks Delta. Can I get a post from interested folks to see who's still around?

Also, would folks favor a restart using RailCraft and TrainCraft?  abdyman, marrdock and I have been testing out things to integrate these and have some solid gameplay. However, some parts would probably only be available at a spawn city, so folks that are spread all over right now might want to be closer to spawn. With the train system as an option, all teleports would be turned off. One thought I have is perhaps taking inventory of what folks have on the server right now, then they carry that over as a "starting bonus" with a reset. I know I have no interest in starting back at Stone Age after getting all the way up to blue steel (and enough to make 11 quarries...). 

Interest is either low, or folks aren't seeing this at the end of a long thread. I'll start a new one for a (possibly) new server to see if we get any better response.