Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fallonsky

multiblocks and buildings/infastructure

5 posts in this topic

Boys and girls its time once again to necro this topic but with a new perspective on it.

Anyways after thinking about why people made buildings I noticed that in most cases the buildings were ether the main home for the player or they where for multiblock constructions such as the bloomery, the forge or even the charcoal pits and pit kilns were made into their own separate buildings/ had their own designated spaces with some kind of decorations or embellishments.

So perhaps a way of making people want to make more infrastructure or just more buildings is to make more multiblock structures when possible. But not just 2x2 cubes but also more like the forge or pit kiln or forge is right now, it is technically a 1x1 block but it needs curtain needs met like having solid blocks on each side and being open to the air making it more of a 3x3 chunk minus the corners. It turns what could have been just a block in one house into something that people usually want to build a house designed specifically to hold.

It also helps that there are systems that make it more convenient and or more efficient to make a forge in a separate house like the ingot heating and cooling mechanism as well as how the forge gets hotter the more air is around it (if that hasn't changed last I heard)

Anyway perhaps if things like drying racks for meat, as I hear may be implemented, could have things like drying speed affected ambient temperature and/or by air blocks around it like the firepit/forge does with heat there would be an incentive to designate a field for the. Perhaps a bigger barrel made to start the fermentation processes and create more of a reason to build a pub/brewery/inn.

Anyone have any other ideas on what could be made into a multiblock or given specific requirements (forge or charcoal pit like) that would not be doing so just for the reason of making more multiblocks or adding tedium to tasks. It doesn't have to be in the game so any ideas for future buildings or systems is fair game as well.

Also aide note I'm writing this at one am on a tablet that for some unholy reason thinks I should write everything in caps so tell me if I missed an autocorrect anywhere, thanks.

I'd love to see more multiblock structures for sure.  Dyeing vats, large fruit presses, carpentry benches, smokehouses, looms, and more.  Basically, part of me wants TFC to become single player first-person Dwarf Fortress.  =)

i would personally enjoy seeing a tanning stretch, no clue how to make one but it would be very fun when i build my tanning hut to have these standing around

post-962-0-96064200-1402429574_thumb.jpg

If pottery ever becomes more significant in late-game TFC, it would be nice to have an improved pottery kiln that makes up for its increased setup cost by being somewhat more efficient or faster. Because one can only place 4 pottery pieces per block, I think a multiblock structure would make sense here.

Silos could be nice to store and preserve large quantities of grain.

The tanning stretch would be easy enough...after placing the hide in tannin, place it in the middle of the 3x3 grid, with sticks in all four corners, and string filling the rest.  You get the string and sticks back once the leather has cured.  This is one situation in which I've realized that I want animals to drop sinew which could be used instead of string for such an activity.

Perhaps there would be an intermediate step where you use a knife on the prepared hide to simulate cutting holes to thread the string through.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0