Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InsaneJ

Server crash on corrupted chunks, even after they've been regenrated

4 posts in this topic

The past few days we've encountered a problem with our server where players would enter a corrupted chunk and then cause the server to crash.In the past we would simply use world edit to delete the affected chunk, then regenerate it, and the problem would go away.However now for unknown reasons the regenerated chunks still cause the server to crash when a player enters them.Here's a crash-report: http://paste2.org/xVe20fJP

This is what it looks like in the server.log when a player joins a corrupted chunk: http://paste2.org/W43CwBDW

Can anyone tell if this is a TFC or an MCPC+ or another mod/plugin issue?

The only thing that has changed on the server from before we had this problem until now is the MCPC+ build. I've already tried running an older build with which we didn't encounter this problem. That didn't seem to make any difference.

The past 2 days we've hadd 46 crashes because of this. Any help would be appreciated because right now the only alternative I'm seeing is deleting the world and starting over. Meaning the work of 3773 players spanning 657 towns would go to waste.

Crash report looks like the problem is with MCPC+/craftbukkit, and not with TFC, since there are no TFC-related files in the stack trace. This is a complete shot in the dark, but I do see "AnvilChunkLoader.loadEntities" so possibly there are a bunch of mobs/animals in that area? Maybe some residual horses left over from them instant breeding in past versions?

Another shot in the dark suggestion: try removing the entire region file where the chunk is in. It will reset the 512x512 region, but not the entire server.

You might also be able to fix the file on an local (not mcpc+) server.

EnTro triggered a solution I hadn't thought of before. I used Dinner Bone's Coordinate Tools to figure out which region files contained the corrupted chunks. Link: http://dinnerbone.com/minecraft/tools/coordinates/

Then I just downloaded the two suspected region files and used MCEdit to remove the suspected chunks from them and marked them for repopulation. When I opened the region files in MCEdit I noticed that a lot of items weren't removed from the chunks I removed in-game. Things that looked like vegetation was floating in mid-air.

After putting the region files back on the server I visited the area and new chunks were being generated. However the landscape did look like Swiss cheese:

Posted Image

And it generated a few odd chunks that were filled with ash doors for some reason. Also note the black squares on the mini-map where chunks didn't generate.

Posted Image

During generation of these new chunks the server crashed once with a java.lang.StackOverflowError on the ash doors. Here's the crash-report, it's a whopper: http://paste2.org/ftWFpmD0

I manually regenerated all those chunks in-game and as far as we can tell the problem with the server crashing is now gone.

Thanks for all the suggestions and tips :)