Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
vulcanjedi79

Sand varieties

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if it's possible to get all the sand varieties in survival? Some I have found are as expected, dolomite sand near dolomite rock, gabbro sand near gabbro rock, and diorite sand near diorite rock. But I find claystone sand near marble rock, and granite sand near slate rock. That's all I've noticed on my starting island.

That's a bug. Blocks can only have 16 variations, so there is basically Stone1 and Stone2, with the corresponding Sand1 and Sand2. Marble rock is Stone2:4, while Claystone rock is Stone1:4, so the game messed up and put Sand1:4 when it should have used Sand2:4. Same for the granite/slate. Granite is Stone1:0, while Slate is Stone2:0.

With the information Kitty provided I looked in the creative menu and it looks like

Slate rock will have Granite sand

Phyllite rock will have Diorite sand

Schist rock will have Gabbro sand

Gneiss rock will have Shale sand and

Marble rock will have Claystone sand.

Hmm. I kinda liked the look of the green schist sand. Not sure what I would do with it yet, but if I want some and find schist with sand nearby I could just mine the gabbro sand and switch it in creative. That way i can still feel like I worked for it.

Should I post a bug report, or has this already been fixed for 79?

I've already let Bioxx know, and if he doesn't fix it within the next day or two, I'll fix it myself. So no need to make the report.

A similar thing seems to happen with grass that gets snowed on. I was passing through a dry area of marble grass near my house, and noticed all the grass was claystone grass except where there were rocks and flowers. Going from dirt to grass doesn't change it, but shortly after a snow layer forms on top it changes. So now I'm curious, what does snow do to grass blocks that makes them change?

A similar thing seems to happen with grass that gets snowed on. I was passing through a dry area of marble grass near my house, and noticed all the grass was claystone grass except where there were rocks and flowers. Going from dirt to grass doesn't change it, but shortly after a snow layer forms on top it changes. So now I'm curious, what does snow do to grass blocks that makes them change?

This has also already been fixed for 79. Snow turns regular grass into dry grass blocks. So instead of going from Grass2 to DryGrass2, it's going from Grass2 to DryGrass1

Spent hours yesterday searching for schist sand :) Found this topic today.

Is it possible to find schist sand in b78 at all? If schist dirt (stone) region has gabbro sand, maybe some other region (gabbro?) has schist sand?

And how did u understand from creative menu all those matches? By some additional mod? I see only numbers like #2081/3 and they have no matches. Why schist is stone1 and gabbro is stone2 ?

Spent hours yesterday searching for schist sand :) Found this topic today.

Is it possible to find schist sand in b78 at all? If schist dirt (stone) region has gabbro sand, maybe some other region (gabbro?) has schist sand?

And how did u understand from creative menu all those matches? By some additional mod? I see only numbers like #2081/3 and they have no matches. Why schist is stone1 and gabbro is stone2 ?

It is impossible to get schist sand in 78 unless you cheat it in.

As for how to understand from the creative menu, no additional mods were used. The creative menu lists things in numerical order by ID. So, if we search for "Smooth" in the creative menu, we get something that looks like this:

Posted Image

The ID numbers for stone are divided up by category, but are stil in order. For example, smooth Igneous Intrusive has the ID's 2070:0 - 2070:2, Sedimentary: 2074:0 - 2074:7, Igneous Extrusive: 2078:0 - 2078:3, and Metamorphic: 2082:0 - 2082:5

However, those separate ID numbers are not what is important, what we want is the order the rocks are listed in, because the sand blocks follow that same order, but only use 2 IDs. So going from top left to bottom right we have:

• Granite
  • Diorite
  • Gabbro
  • Shale
  • Claystone
  • Rock Salt
  • Limestone
  • Conglomerate
  • Dolomite
  • Chert
  • Chalk
  • Rhyolite
  • Basalt
  • Andesite
  • Dacite
  • Quartzite
  • Slate
  • Phyllite
  • Schist
  • Gneiss
  • Marble

Now blocks in Minecraft 1.6.4 can only have 16 variations using metadata. This means that we have to split the list into Block1 and Block2. Block1 is the numbers 1-16, and Block2 the numbers 17-21. But Block2 can't use numbers higher than 16, so we start over at 1.

Block2:

• Slate
  • Phyllite
  • Schist
  • Gneiss
  • Marble

You can see now how the numbers match up. 1 is both Granite and Slate, 2 Diorite and Phyllite, 3 Gabbro and Schist, 4 Shale and Gneiss, and 5 Claystone and Marble. The bug is that Block2 sands are not properly generating, and are instead generating their Block1 equivalent sand. So since schist is Block2:3, but Block2 is generating Block1 sand, there is instead Block1:3 Gabbro sand in that area.

Block1 is behaving correctly and generating Block1 sand, making it impossible for Block2 sand to ever be found in a survival world.

If you are still confused, please let me know what needs clarification.

Thank you, Kittychanley, now I understand, both with sand and snowed dirt.

Now I finally know, why in my sp all top grass turned from gneiss into shale :) I first thought it was my animals polluting soil :)))

Will try to persuade our staff to add an artifical schist desert :)