Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
HypnoToadTrance

Perhaps Nerf Baby Zombies?

28 posts in this topic

I thank you for your replies, Kitty. It saddens me to hear that babies will remain unburnable. My main concern was their ability to pick up weapons. Would it be possible to disable baby zombie weapon pickup?

Regular zombies are okay, because they are slow and easy to avoid. Baby zombies with weapons are far too quick, making them very dangerous to be near. And since they do not die in daylight, this makes them far more dangerous than any other monster. Skeletons with helmets can still survive in the daylight, but they're only dangerous if you get close to them. Baby zombies can quickly close the gap between the player.

I understand the whole basis for my suggestion is on the condition that a baby zombie happens to pick up a weapon in the first place, but I feel that it is something worth examining to prevent future catastrophes. 

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that baby zombies are rare. I can attest to my many nights huddled in fear in my thatch hut that on any given night, you can easily run into one or more baby zombies. True that you should not be out at night anyway, they are by no means uncommon mob spawns.Just wanted to clarify that.

I will not continue to fight for this suggestion. I feel I've made my case, however biased it may be as I was a victim of a baby. If after this, you feel that Baby Zombies require no special treatment, I will accept your ruling and cease my arguments. (at which time you may close this thread to stop people from bringing it up)

Thank you for your consideration, Kitty. 

I thank you for your replies, Kitty. It saddens me to hear that babies will remain unburnable. My main concern was their ability to pick up weapons. Would it be possible to disable baby zombie weapon pickup?

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that baby zombies are rare. I can attest to my many nights huddled in fear in my thatch hut that on any given night, you can easily run into one or more baby zombies. True that you should not be out at night anyway, they are by no means uncommon mob spawns.Just wanted to clarify that.

I won't put the final "no" stamp on the disabling of them picking up items, but a few things should be put into consideration on why I am currently against implementing it.

According to the Zombie page on the Minecraft Wiki, baby zombies only make up 5% of zombie spawns. With the proper use of spawn protection, and being smart about combat with zombies, this does indeed make them a fairly rare mob. For every 20 zombies that you come across normally (not including hoard ones spawned in by hitting one of the originals) you might come across 1 baby.

Another statistic to keep in mind is that at least in the vanilla code, the chance of a zombie actually picking an item up is dependent on the difficulty level. On easy there would only be a 10% chance that the baby would pick up the weapon you dropped, while on hard that chance is as high as 45%.

So, in the best case scenario of easy mode and a RNG that doesn't figuratively hate your guts, you could come across a total of 200 zombies, only 10 of which would be babies, and only 1 of those babies which would be able to pick up your weapon when you dropped it.

On a side note, I also like giving armor and weapons to baby zombies after I have managed to corral them into a safe area because the itty bitty helmets and swords are just so cute. At least in vanilla, I've made houses where there is a nursery, and I trap a baby zombie and a baby pigmen inside and dress them up and let them run around in that room. It's fun to just have a little "family" of sorts especially in a single player world.

Thank you for your response, Kitty.

I have been quite satisfied with the mod your team has produced and I know that I can trust in your decisions that you will continue to put in your best efforts towards the development of TFC.

With everything said and done, this topic no longer serves a purpose. You may now close this topic.

Keep up the good work and have a nice day!