Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paragon83

The Other Brick Pattern

15 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Not sure if anyone has already answered this but I am trying to figure out how to make the other brick pattern. On the TFC Wiki where it shows all the different rock pics there are 4 looks to a rock, smooth, cobble, brick, and then there is a fourth one, a larger square pattern brick, how do you make that? I have tried a bunch of things but I can't seem to make it.

Any help would be appreciated

I'd hazard a guess that it's a different texture pack from the official version and that one to the far right would be the smooth block. Make it by using the chisel on a normal block before you mine it. Without the correct texture pack though, it won't look like the one in the picture.

For every rock their is 4 types of rock... Cobblestone,Stone,Brick and Smooth Stone... Cobblestone is made by mining Stone(Every one should know this.), Stone is made by mining around a stone block and leaving the stone block in the middle so it floats then it should pop off, Bricks can be crafted using cobblestone or just stone (Cant remember off by heart which 1.) I think it is 4 or 9 cobblestone/stone to make a brick(Like i said cant remember off by heart.) and then the Smooth Stone can be made using any chisel and then mining it...

Hope i helped...

Thanks for the replies guys,

So I shoul use a chisel on a stone block BEFORE mining it? Ok, I'll try that, thanks again

^^^^^ Yeah that is correct...

Well no. That's only partly correct. You should only chisel a stone before mining it if you want the smooth version of that stone, which is only used for building things, it's not useful for any recipes yet. Also, bricks are not made by combining stones they are made as a shapeless recipe by putting a chisel into the crafting grid with some cobblestone. You get one brick for one cobblestone.

@Teranz: You should really make sure you know what you're talking about before you go telling people the WRONG way to do something. It's not hard, all you have to do is check the wiki or ask on the IRC. From now on make sure you're not giving people bad information.

The only way to get the regular (not "smooth", but natural) stone is to break the surrounding blocks

Also, you need to use smooth stone to make bricks, just like in vanilla minecraft. You make bricks with cobblestone & chisels in the crafting window. I put the wrong answer down because it made more sense.

You can use the chisel on cobblestone from your inventory, or you can use it on a piece of stone before you mine it to turn it into the "Smooth stone" variant.

Also, you need to use smooth stone to make bricks, just like in vanilla minecraft.

to clarify, you dont use the "smooth stone" version, its just the stone itself, the sames ones needed for an anvil

to clarify, you dont use the "smooth stone" version, its just the stone itself, the sames ones needed for an anvil

u need cobblestone with chisel to get stone bricks

You can use the chisel on cobblestone from your inventory, or you can use it on a piece of stone before you mine it to turn it into the "Smooth stone" variant.

Also, you need to use smooth stone to make bricks, just like in vanilla minecraft.

you use cobblestone to make bricks. You do not need smooth stone to make bricks or stone, cobblestone. Why do people insist on providing bad info?

you use cobblestone to make bricks. You do not need smooth stone to make bricks or stone, cobblestone. Why do people insist on providing bad info?

I don't know but it's frustrating isn't it.

I am playing pre16 and I can't make bricks out of cobble. What version are you playing?

Edit: Oh right, the chisel. I haven't been playing so I forgot how to do things. Donno why I decided to open my mouth...

You put the cobble and your chisel into the crafting grid.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0