Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kittychanley

Need Help Adjusting Flavor Profiles

38 posts in this topic

Dunk isn't a real Canadian though because he doesn't absolutely love maple syrup. :o

I don't eat maple syrup because it makes me sick!

Canadianism is a way of life rather than a state of physical being. All you gotta do is come here, act nice, and shovel your driveway :)

Olives aren't actually salty at all, we just consume them pickled in brine.

I went with the flavor profile of processed olives simply because it is nearly unheard of to eat olives directly off the tree. They are so bitter that they are essentially inedible. Instead of adding a whole system where you have to soak olives before being able to eat them, it's easier to just assume they are at the edible stage for now.

took me a long time to find any sort of reference to unbrined olive nutrition, but it seems you're right, their natural sodium content is quite low.

I went with the flavor profile of processed olives simply because it is nearly unheard of to eat olives directly off the tree. They are so bitter that they are essentially inedible. Instead of adding a whole system where you have to soak olives before being able to eat them, it's easier to just assume they are at the edible stage for now.

If you have to process them, you have to process them, or we eat them raw.

Don't use a cop out just because it's a little more difficult.

If you have to process them, you have to process them, or we eat them raw.

Don't use a cop out just because it's a little more difficult.

The key words on that post were "for now." I'm not copping out of anything. The decision was made to use an actually edible profile for the food until a later system is implemented to actually process it and have an in-game difference between raw and edible.

You weren't around for that decision, and I don't have the title of "developer" to actually add new features consistently myself. So the choice is either you can suck it up and understand the decision that was made, or you can code in the processing system yourself.

TFC b79: The cooking simulator edition xD

EDIT: On top of the nutrition system, how about implementing meals from ingredients just like you implemented alloys from the basic metal ore components? Then we play a mini-game (like working the anvil) to get useful meals.

Soo, 60% bread, 15% meat, 10% cheese, and 15% lettuce makes a burger? And we make it on a metal plate. How wonderful!

Kitty, I'm aware that if I want something done differently, I have to do it myself. I never expected you or bioxx to just listen to me and do what i said. We already have salt and water barrels, it's just a few lines of code to brine olives.

Since we ( I mean you guys) are in the process of changing the whole food and recipe coding, how possible it would be to change some foods to a new category as condiments or spices I have a hard time figuring people eating garlic as a meal. also we could have hot peppers and herbs. Although I am just so grateful to all of you who work so hard coding and helping with the mod that is hard to ask for more. 

On conceptual level, I like this taste system a lot, because it makes it easier for me to work out what effect mushrooms would have on a meal when they added in it.

Here I am again, talking about my addon no one has touched except me yet. I'm starting to feel very uncomfortable talking about it.

This has nothing to do with values, anyway they recently discovered that there could be a 6th taste that our tongue can sense: the fatty substances. If you want the proof, here's the link to the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taste 

Under the category "Recent discoveries", end of the third line.