Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
claxton110381

Disappearing Stone Hammer

7 posts in this topic

Version #: 0.78.17

SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): Survival SinglePlayer

Suggested Name: Disappearing Stone Hammer

Suggested Category: Annoying

Description: I was using a chisel and stone hammer to chisel. I opened a chest to find something, closed it, and went back to chisel and it wouldn't let me. I looked and my hammer was gone. I knapepd and crafted a new stone hammer. I attempted to place it in the same slot and it went to the slot, but it put the other in my hand. It showed it was half-damaged, and when I placed it in my inventory, it disappeared again. It has done this multiple times. Before opening the chest, it showed the hammer had taken no damage. When I moved it from my hotbar, it showed it was damaged. I placed it in my inventory and it disappeared. I backed out, deleted my config, and created a new, creative world. I give myself a stone hammer, and a blue steel chisel and a chest. It did the same. I tried with multiple hammers. It only happens with stone hammers.

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: Yes

If yes, which mods? Optifine

What type of chiseling are you doing exactly? Slabbing, smoothing, stairs, detailed mode? Are you using any blueprints? What kind of blocks are you chiseling? Raw stone, cobblestone, smooth stone, plank blocks?

What type of chiseling are you doing exactly? Slabbing, smoothing, stairs, detailed mode? Are you using any blueprints? What kind of blocks are you chiseling? Raw stone, cobblestone, smooth stone, plank blocks?

Slabbing and Detailed both.No bluebrints. I chiseled both Smooth stone and plank blocks.

Version #: 0.78.17

SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): Survival SinglePlayer

Description: I believe this is related to this, had the same issue today when trying to smith a copper pickaxe to test my smithing skills.

My stone hammer in the Copper anvil broke, so i tried to take my replacement hammer from the tool rack that had about 30% left on it, and the hammer vanished.

Seems there is some glitch with stone hammers when they have taken damage, cant seem to replicate the issue concitently though, but it happens at random (for me that is).

*edit*: Just had this in a simular situation as the OP mentioned, working on my man cave while making smooth stone. I picked up some item drops from stone i had to remove, wanted to smoothen out the rocks below but noticed my chisle wasnt working and saw it moved it to the inventory for placing support beams. When trying to move it back to the hotbar it showed up but still not working in combination with the chisle. Then when i tried to move the hammer it disapear ..... As i did quite a bit of detailed chisle work, my thoughts on this are that maybe dmg isnt registerd correctly, as my hammer dint show any dmg at all after doing detailed work, but right before it disapeared it showed atleast 25% dmg ?? (just a trow in the dark though).

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: No

Edited by lordbufu

Seems like they are connected. It disappears when I take it off of my tool rack too. Happened to Ethoslab I think in one of his earlier TFC videos.

Happened to Ethoslab I think in one of his earlier TFC videos.

Now that you mention it, i think your right :)

Raised up my general smithing to around 50ish (1 for tool and 15 for armor), mostly using stone hammers and had 0 issues with them, so i think its save to say both issues are fully chisle related.

Had same issue today with a Bronze Hammer after a long run of detailed mode work, no blueprints, the Hammer became "glitchy" not showing in the inventory only popping up when you place a block in the slot it was in. After putting it on a tool rack and trying to remove it from the rack it vanished completely.

*edit*:

Further testing on my side shows it seems to affect any type of hammer (i tried Stone/Copper/Bronze/Wrough Iron), the key is detailed mode on the chisel this also aplys to blueprints (using blueprints you can actually visually reset the durability loss by over working the tools (getting past the breaking point so to speak)).

Once you get past a certain treshold of durability dmg taken the hammer will become glitchy as if it should have already broken, creating sort of a ghost item that. Using blueprints seems to bring a couple of extra glitches, but looking at the dmg taken on the tools it does seem to display more properly then manual detailing.

Edited by lordbufu