Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Damjancd

Pro SFX design work offer. What do you need TFC?

11 posts in this topic

I was the lead SFX and ambient sounds person of the Misery mod (which got 2012 best mod award on moddb). Just saying this to show that I have a good amount of experience, and I want to contribute directly to this mod by making homemade, produced and original SFX or ambient sounds for TFC. So what does TFC lack in terms of sounds? Do you want to hear sounds when preparing food? When chopping up carrots? When settling pieces of wood in stacks?I'm really good with object item interactions, inanimate interactions, ambiences, movement sounds, character sounds etc. I use Ableton Live + Audition to produce synthesize or polish sounds. I already finished a bear + pheasant sound pack :)next? 

A sound for the bloomery would be very nice! Gold panning could use some sound aswell, animal breeding? The chisel when you chisel away single pixels, like a ticking noise? Just ideas that instantly jump to my head!

Bile

I'd really like to see ambient sounds, wind, birds, crickets, etc, maybe dependent on temperature, altitude, latitude, and rainfall (which determine the presence of trees and such).

Crickets, frogs, bear, deer and pheasant sounds are already added to B79.

Before doing any work, i would suggest you first look at the Build79 branch. You can find all the sounds here.

No need to spend time in doing something that has already been done, except it needs to be re-done :P

edit: also a link to your Misery mod would be nice :)

As emris said, I recommend you take a look at the 79 branch and see if you'd like to redo some of the sounds that we are adding. If you have ideas for sounds that could be added or if anyone else has good ideas here that you want to add, we'd be more than happy to see what you can offer. :)

I'm much worse with raw nature animal sounds since I live in Singapore, and all the nature here sounds... jungle-ish. But anything inanimate I definitely can do, and can improve and can synthesise as needed. As a "rite of passage" I am making a humble offering of these bear and pheasant sounds that I made https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sai7pf8k9jspj9/TFCArchiveBearAndPheasantSFX.zip in an isolated environment, and I also post processed the sound to be compatible with games. That was the procedure I did with the Misery mod (The Snork sounds are my sound design : 

also some drop sounds, item interaction, backpack opening I think. link to the mod for those interested http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery (It has many survival aspects, but no direct survival only elements like temperature, or nutritional variety. It's mostly scavenging and eating and surviving, also equipment management)I make my own sounds, in house, I don't use samples, so you guys will have absolute copyright over them if necessary, or we can copyleft them too. whatever suits you.Where should I send SFX I make?Thanks for the reply, and Bioxx, if you are reading this, you guys are doing a fucking fantastic job with this, and this mod will leave a large dent in the history of Minecraft. :)

The bear and pheasant are pretty nice, good work. Although the Bear sounds more ghoulish to me. Might still have a use tho! I'm bad about checking my PMs here but you can send them there if you'd like.

I'm bad about checking my PMs here but you can send them there if you'd like.

You can add multiple people to PMs at once, so if you want to go ahead and add me to conversations with the files I actually read most PMs within 15 minutes of getting them. That way when there are new files to be seen, I can go harass Bioxx privately to get him to check the PM.

I suggest a replacement for the vanilla chest-opening sound--it's obnoxiously loud and deep.

Other ideas:

• Splintering creak of a tree falling
  • Rustle of walking through tall grass
  • Scrape of two firestarter sticks rubbing together
  • Soft "schink" of a sword being unsheathed
  • Steamy bubble of hot springs
  • Sizzle of cooking meat
  • Little "sploosh" when you discard an item into the water

• Little "sploosh" when you discard an item into the water

Vanilla Minecraft used to actually have this sound back in beta. However, it was removed because of the massive amount of lag that it managed to generate.

• Rustle of walking through tall grass
  • Scrape of two firestarter sticks rubbing together
  • Soft "schink" of a sword being unsheathed
  • Steamy bubble of hot springs

These can already be done using mAtmos machines, no action required from TFC devs - only a descent sound is needed.