Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
raymondbh

Shears recipe

39 posts in this topic

I think he said iron because copper and other metals don't react good to constant bending. Copper is easily workable, and bending it everytime you use the shears could easily break it. Same for the copper alloys, but that's just my thoughts.

Heh heh the things I take for granted working with iron all the time.... I really ought to branch out and try other metals.

Shears probably wouldn't be required for clothing making, but I'm sure most tailors would tell you they prefer to work with scissors than with a knife when cutting fabric.

Scissors are much easier to cut cloth, but I find that knives or razor blades allow me to cut in straight lines much easier.

But then I'm not a tailor, so *shrugs*

Shears probably wouldn't be required for clothing making, but I'm sure most tailors would tell you they prefer to work with scissors than with a knife when cutting fabric.

Just a random question. Is cloth making about making bandages and stuff related to that or also clothes that somehow improve something wearing them, apart the appearence?

I know things aren't 100% comfirmed, so reply only if you can.

Perhaps a way to create incentive to upgrade your shears could be that they have a higher and higher chance of producing more wool?

For example, the knife would get you what it gets you now - nothing new there.

Copper Shears would get you the same amount, but can be used to create tattered clothing.

Bronze Shears would have a 25% chance of producing 1 extra wool (3 instead of 2) and can be used for simple clothing.Basically, the Bronzes would have a slightly higher chance to produce more wool depending on which metals are most expensive/difficult to make. The Bronze tier would not improve clothing from metal to metal, though.

Iron Shears would have a 100% chance to get you 3 wool, but an extra 25% chance to get 4. Would also be for basic clothing.

Steel Shears would have a 75% chance to get 4, and would be used for elaborate clothing.

The highest tier of steel (Blue and Red) would both have a 100% chance to get 4 pieces of wool. These would be used for exquisite clothing.

Also, if clothing is going to be something that's implemented (which would be awesome), they should also be craftable with dyes, somewhat like Leather Armor.

If you go an extra mile or two, make it so you can have primary and secondary dyes for the clothing:You craft the clothing from the wool cloth, and it's just white-and-white clothing (since it's wool, which defaults to white anyway).

You craft a purple dye above the clothing item, and it turns the 'primary color' purple.

In the same window, craft a yellow dye below the article of clothing and it'll turn the 'secondary color' yellow.

This way, people can all be wearing the same pieces of clothing, but not be restricted to the same color schemes. You can have your blue-and-cyan peasant's tunic, and I'll have my purple-and-gold one. Everybody's happy!

This would totally open up a new profession path, now that I think of it.

I like the idea of dyes but I think to make it believable we should need to cook the clothes with a dye in a pot.

iron shears. no other metals. stop discussing it.

Clothing is for body temperature regulation.

• my idea:

Scissors.

Receipt.

Scissors can be prepared from metal tool. Scissors obtained as joint casting operation and forging.

Casting.

Blades sheaths may be prepared from the following metals: bronze, copper, iron and steel.

Posted Image

Using clay to make ceramic mold scissors;

pour molten metal into a mold;

remove the resulting preform under the scissors and make the following work on the anvil, at the operating temperature for the metal:

Part 1 of 3 medium impact;

2 of the work: to stretch, a slight bump, stretch;

3 part of the work: bending light blow, bend.

As a result, we obtain a pair of scissors.

my idea:

Scissors.

Receipt.

Scissors can be prepared from metal tool. Scissors obtained as joint casting operation and forging.

Casting.

Blades sheaths may be prepared from the following metals: bronze, copper, iron and steel.

Posted Image

Using clay to make ceramic mold scissors;

pour molten metal into a mold;

remove the resulting preform under the scissors and make the following work on the anvil, at the operating temperature for the metal:

Part 1 of 3 medium impact;

2 of the work: to stretch, a slight bump, stretch;

3 part of the work: bending light blow, bend.

As a result, we obtain a pair of scissors.

I understand that you are from Russia, so you probably don't understand English very well. However, Dunkleosteus just said "iron shears. no other metals. stop discussing it." in the post before yours.

Iron Only.

No Other Metals.

No Copper. No Bronze. No Steel.

The fact that you continued discussing it right after Dunk said to stop discussing it is technically spam. I'm letting it go just this one time because of the language barrier. In the future you will start receiving warning points, have your posting rights restricted, and will eventually be banned.

Posted Image

Yes, I did a little bit wrong, what if iron please, here is a picture of various scissors, yes I probably bad English, sorry.

What does that picture have to do with anything? The whole point of this topic is to discuss changing the crafting recipe of the already implemented shears item. Instead of crafting two iron ingots together, you make two iron knife blades and weld them together.

We aren't discussing adding more scissors or shears, because there is no need for them. Anything other than changing the recipe is unneeded complexity that will add absolutely nothing to the game.

No Steel.

With that I strongly disagree, unless there is a way to make wrought iron in a less time consuming way with a crucible or something alike.

iron shears. no other metals. stop discussing it.

Clothing is for body temperature regulation.

What the hell is this?  Stop discussing it?  First of all, how could further discussion possibly hurt you?  Secondly, what if someone actually comes up with a cool idea that you like involving other metals?  Stop reading it if you want, but this is a ridiculous demand.