Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
XxNyssaXx

[TFC 0.79.26] 64x & 32x Nyssa's Touch of Realism - Bugfixed 3/9/16

146 posts in this topic

When you say oak, you're talking about the blackened texture for vanilla fences and pressure plate right?

Yes. Vanilla wood is typically oak.

The reason for the strange vanilla oak texture is to make the lanterns in the decorations mod look better. if you dont like it, just remove the texture or copy the oak texture from the tfc folder and replace the vanilla one with it.

Is this pack inspired by Misa's Realistic Texture Pack? I tried looking for a TFC resource pack based from and made to work with Misa's pack, and found yours. Also your texture of the spider resembles Misa's a bit.

it was originally inspired by a discontinued texture pack called terrarustica, but i did draw some inspiration/ideas from Misas. i used to use that pack a lot a few years ago, so its probably a bit worn into my mind's eye

hoops

it`s so cool ....

what about hoops, now? is that a mod i dont know about, or just a typo?

I used to always play Minecraft with Misa's pack, so I couldn't help but see the similarities. When I learned about TFC, I immediately came looking for a texture pack that supports the mod. Yours is one of the best I could find. I'm looking forward to seeing the completion of this pack. It's looking great so far.

Just wanted to say that the gui is awesome! Love the clean look of it. The only thing I am thinking needs a minor tweak is the creeper texture. It is too dark to see the detail you put into it. I might suggest lighting it just a touch so those details show. Keep up the good work!

The only thing I am thinking needs a minor tweak is the creeper texture. It is too dark to see the detail you put into it. I might suggest lighting it just a touch so those details show. Keep up the good work!

lightened it up for the next update. hopefully it will be out by later tonight or tomorrow, need to finish converting everything over to 32x with the help of koolbob once he gets online. lots of reworked textures in this update, shouldn't break any builds, just enhance them. most of the changes are centered around the stone and wood, because that was what i started with first when creating this pack. i have learned a lot of new techniques since then, and decided to put them to use on the older textures.

alright, day late but new version is out

I love the over all pack However i have noticed i have a problem with the Copper sword showing up as a 4 color box.... and i think one other sword is the same.... is there a fix for this as i am playing on a friends server.

I love the over all pack However i have noticed i have a problem with the Copper sword showing up as a 4 color box.... and i think one other sword is the same.... is there a fix for this as i am playing on a friends server.

hmm, im not able to reproduce the issue, what version are you using? 32x or 64?

it sounds like somehow you did not get/removed the .mcmeta files for them, screwing up the animation, causing the infamous black and purple boxes.

RE DOWNLOAD IF YOU DOWNLOADED BEFORE THE 1.#.1 VERSION! ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE USING 32X!

I forgot to add a few textures to the 32x and i did a quick addition to the 64x (clay gui for fire clay)

I am using the 64x version i had downloaded it about 13:30...

(edit 1)I have just downloaded the 1.6.1 ver of your resource pack and still have the problem with Copper and Black bronze sword.  those are the only 2 items that show up as a pink/black box.  I still love your work as it really makes the world look good

(edit 2)  I dropped the resource pack from my list and no longer have the sword texture problem.  I am not running any other mod except TFC.  I am unsure of what else to check at this point.

Edited by Ravenmoon

Should be fixed now. re download

Edited by XxNyssaXx

Thank you, that has fixed the error i was having.  I apriciate your support on this issue.  i am now perfectly happy with this resorce pack.

sorry about the issue, it was such a simple fix i didnt even notice, for some reason, the game is a lot less picky when you are playing with a folder version of a texture pack vs a zipped one, that's why i never had the issue. the problem was i forgot to capitalize some things on the mcmeta files >.< i feel so stupid, but glad you like the pack :)

I probably don't have to mention this, but items(chests, barrels) made of kapok,etc no longer match the color of the planks. Also conglomerate is still ugly :D

Edited by CorpseDrop

I probably don't have to mention this, but items(chests, barrels) made of kapok,etc no longer match the color of the planks. Also conglomerate is still ugly :D

yea, chests and other wooden items will be addressed next update hopefully, i will also be giving 32x some much needed attention, its been so neglected....

More bugfixes. why did no one tell me brick textures weren't working?

I haven't seen any issue with my builds and the brick textures... But then again I have been underground for over a week lol

My friend noticed some textures were missing, about half of the bricks. It looked fine to me, using the unzipped version of the pack. When I downloaded the version you guys use, sure enough, basalt, gabbro, conglomerate, and quite a few others were the vanilla texture. For some reason, in the more recent versions of forge/TFC/SOMETHING has made minecraft more picky about zipped resource packs and capitalization of file names. The b in brick wasn't always a capital B, and so it would not correctly read it

Just wanted to tell you that I love the updated wood and clay textures! They are gorgeous but I assume that they are also incomplete? Also, the creeper looks great now! I love the brighter accents on him and it really brings the creeper just far enough into night stealth to be believable.

Keep up the good work Nyssa! I will post some screen shots of my builds on the ursine nation server soon just wanting the keep (or at least it's outside) to be presentable before I share them but I can and will try to share some of the buildings inside the keep walls.