Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
LordOfWolves

Instant cooking of clay items

7 posts in this topic

Version #: 0.78.17

SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): SSP

Suggested Name: Instant cooking of clay items

Suggested Category: Annoying

Description:

This bug is really easy to reproduce. I can reproduce it everytime, with no exception. This can be avoided, but it's annoying to know that you could instantly cook clay items. Basically with this bug your pit kilns will imemdiately cook your items without having to wait time by simply igniting the block near the pit kiln instead of the pit kiln itself.

How to reproduce this bug:

First of all build a normal pit kiln.

You can place any clay item inside the pit kiln, it always works. In this case I'll use clay molds because I am trying this in my current world and I don't want to ruin gameplay too much. It should work with ores inside vessels too. Not tried that but I'm pretty sure it works for that too.

Posted Image

Then cover your pit kiln with straw and logs. I chose Sequoia logs in this case, because I had plenty of them. But logs don't really matter, it always happens despite the logs you choose.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now we're ready to fire it. But to replicate this bug you can't fire the pit kiln block, but the side of the block adjacent to it and that is higher of one level, like the one in the image.

Posted Image

And when you right click with flint and steel (not tried with firestarter, but it shouldn't make any difference) you briefly see the pit kiln on fire and then it immediately disappears, leaving this:

Posted Image

The cooked items are not bugged, normal and 100% functional items, as you can see you can pick them up and they're the same of other normally cooked items

Posted Image

So the bug only speeds up the cooking times, without changing anything else.

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes
*If you answered no to the above question, delete your config files and try to reproduce the bug. This question is here because many bugs are caused by mistakes in config files. All bug reports should have an answer of "Yes" to this question.

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: Yes

If yes, which mods?

[1.6.4]ReiMinimap_v3.4_01

1.6.4_LeatherWaterSacTFC_3.2.B78_HF7+

CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.9
extrafirma-universal-1.0.4-1.6.4

FpsPlus1.6.4_v2

NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.9

OptiFine_1.6.4_HD_U_D1

Pastebin.com link of the Crash Report: No crashes

This only happens when using the flint and steel, because only the flint and steel can light other blocks on fire directly in the world. The fire starter is unable to create an actual "flame" block all by itself, it can only be used to light devices like the firepit, forge, bloomery, etc.

The pit kiln simply checks for when the fire block above it is completely extinguished. If you light the kiln the proper way, the fire block is regulated and doesn't officially go out for quite some time. If you create the fire block yourself using the flint and steel, the vanilla methods for fire ticking is used. I.E. Vanilla sees fire on a stone block > Stone is not flammable > Immediately extinguish stone > Fire is extinguished > Pit kiln triggers as complete.

I wouldn't be surprised if turning gamerule doFireTick to false resulted in the flame on the stone never going out, and therefore this bug not happening either.

Actually yesterday I asked Dunk why this happened, and he told me some different things. he said that when you right click with a flint and steel on top of the pit kiln, it also starts a timer in the pit kiln, and after 8 hours the items are ready, but without clicking the pit kiln, you don't start the timer, the pit kiln detects a fire block above it and checks the timer, but the timer says it's at 0, so it immediately "rings" and the items are instantly ready.

Fixed in B79.

eh so long time after 78.17 update and people are still able to find new bugs

eh so long time after 78.17 update and people are still able to find new bugs

I don't think there will be a time, atleast not in the nead future, where a tfc build wont have bugs two to three months later