Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
NinaKitty

[Solved] Question about forge 1.6.4/TerraFirmaCraft (Also wolves?)

13 posts in this topic

I'm new to this and like a lot of your more recent terrafirmacrafters I found my way here through Ethos lets plays.

I was just wondering if TerraFirmaCraft is currently only running on 1.6.4 MC and Forge?

Also, wolves.How am I supposed to feed them? Can I at all? Through google searching I only managed to come across some forum posts from back in 2012 and well.. That was a long while back so I'm sure things have changed? It said I could feed them with rotten flesh, but it doesn't seem to work, and the wiki for wolves and wolves (dogs) is currently empty so I'm not really sure what to do.Another question about the wolves, it there any way to breed them?Sorry if these questions have already been asked, I'm just really terrible at finding things ;w;

Dogs need cooked meat to be fed, you can breed them with raw meat iff there belly is full ;)

Dogs need cooked meat to be fed, you can breed them with raw meat iff there belly is full ;)

Is there a certain type of meat I need to feed it? I tried to feed my wolf some cooked venison but she wouldn't eat it ;w;

Dogs will only eat when they are hungry. Dog tails in TFC are always pointing down, they are not an indicator of how much health the dog currently has. You can feed them any cooked or raw meat to feed them, but you can only use raw mutton, beef or pork if you wish to breed them.

Our downloads page states the current version of Minecraft and Forge that you should use with TFC.

Oh, I was expecting the tail to stand up so that's why I thought it didn't eat. Thanks for telling me! c:Also, when breeding wolves, how many in-game days does it take for the pups to be born to be born? And do the wolves have multiple pups or just one?

Oh, I was expecting the tail to stand up so that's why I thought it didn't eat. Thanks for telling me! c:Also, when breeding wolves, how many in-game days does it take for the pups to be born to be born? And do the wolves have multiple pups or just one?

It takes approx 4 months for the pups to be born. Mine was pregnant in October, and around February she had her pups. I was on a mining expedition and the pups teleported to me on my way into my home area. Mine had a litter of 5, and they were born tame.

It takes approx 4 months for the pups to be born. Mine was pregnant in October, and around February she had her pups. I was on a mining expedition and the pups teleported to me on my way into my home area. Mine had a litter of 5, and they were born tame.

They have 3 to 7 babies.

A little bump on this topic of wolves, when I breed mine using raw pork, the heart particles show up, but they do not breed, they just walk around aimlessly as per usual.  (And yes, it is a male and a female)  Any help?

Try feeding both them the raw meat again. Sometimes they are still hungry even though the particles show up. Usually the second time I feed them and get the particles they actually properly path to each other. Also try and mess around with combinations of sitting and standing.

I installed damage-indicators to check, feeding them didnt bring their health up any, however over them slowly regening their health back up, I managed to breed them by having the male sitting and the female standing up.  Thanks Kitty!

I just went thru an entire 160oz pork chop trying to get two wolves I have previously breed and keep sitting in my house to breed again now that a pup has been born, and failed.  They chase eachother and snuggle but no pregnancy.

Also my wolves have stopped gaining in familiarity at about 35%.  Is that normal?  Can only pups make it to 100%?

Yes. Adults/wild animals have a cap. Babies don't have this cap. So depending on the familiarity they start with and your diligence you can max them. I've maxed out 2 pups (before increased litters) from wild parents to max. Kitty had answered this in greater detail in another thread, but you'll have to go looking for it. It was about sheep or cows I believe.

I just went thru an entire 160oz pork chop trying to get two wolves I have previously breed and keep sitting in my house to breed again now that a pup has been born, and failed.  They chase eachother and snuggle but no pregnancy.

Also my wolves have stopped gaining in familiarity at about 35%.  Is that normal?  Can only pups make it to 100%?

Dunk added a timer to wolves so they have to wait a month after giving birth before they can breed again. Unfortunately he implemented it in such a way that it's really confusing because there is no way to tell that the month hasn't passed yet, and the animals behave like they would normally if they actually could breed (heart particles, moving towards each other, etc). Once the month has actually passed, the animals will chase each other and snuggle again without you having to do anything, and then she will become pregnant. The whole system is honestly a little weird, and I'm looking into changing it so it is a bit more intuitive.

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Animal_Husbandry#Familiarization

Adult animals have a limit of how tame they can become through familiarization, with only baby animals having the ability to become fully domesticated, gaining familiarity much faster than adults.