Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
gemmaster22

Help? I cant connect to my server!

14 posts in this topic

Hello!I have recently set up a server for TFC using a guide they have here on the site...

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1910-how-to-set-up-a-terrafirmacraft-server/

I followed all the instruction to the Tee... and i can run the server... but how do i Join it???It's the only thing they left out of the guide...i know i sound really stupid... but this is my first time actually getting a server to work...PLS HELP!

Start up your client like you were playing Single Player, but instead choose Multi-Player and put in your server's IP address. If you're using the same computer that the server is running on, you can just use

localhost

as the IP address.

Edit: The guide that you linked is extremely old. It was made in 2012 and is no longer exactly the correct way to set up a server. An up to date guide can be found here:

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Installation#Server_Installation

If you aren't going to play with anyone else... you don't need to start a server.

Also, it's a hell of a lot easier to set up TFC on your client nowadays compared to that guide. You can either read the installation guide that I linked in my last post, or watch the installation guide video:

it didnt work... i can join it... but this time its in vanilla... i guess im just not cut out for this sort of stuff....

Did you read the guides that I actually linked you? The ones that you linked and followed are outdated and will not work.

yes... its all just so confusing for me... i never took a computer class before.. so its all new...i did follow your guides... and it allowed me to join the game...

but it loaded it all in vanilla not in tfc...

i just wish it was legal to have a blank sever preset i could download... but i remember from another conversation that it is against mine craft terms of use... or something like that...

sigh... owell... maybe i can get one of my more tech savvy friends to help me with it...

It loaded vanilla because you used the outdated guide to set up your server, and the outdated guide is wrong. You need to use the new guide to set up the server, then it will work.

i deleted everything and started over will the downloads on the link you sent me...so there was nothing from the old guild in the way...

i probably put the mods folder in the wrong spot or something..

The old guide had you editing .jar files... the new guide has you running an installer, and creating a mods folder.

Are you sure that you're clicking on the correct file to start the server? The new guide says you are supposed to use the forge jar to start the server, the old guide says you use the vanilla one.

yes im sure...do you want me to attach a copy of the folder? maybe you can tell me whats wronge....

If I had to guess the problem isn't with your folder. How exactly are you starting your server? Are you double clicking on a file, are you using a .bat script?

im just runing the .bat file that was in the instructions...

so i made the .bat coppied the program into it and it did nothing... 

so i ran the actual server in the file and then ran the bat.. the bat started running properly i guess... i dont know...

• Make a folder for your server. (For example: C:TFC_Server)
  • Download the Forge Installer, and install it running the "install server" option to this folder that was created in step 1.
  • Create a folder inside the server folder named "mods". (For example: C:TFC_Servermods)
  • Download TFC, and copy the downloaded files into the mods folder you just made.
  • Create a .bat file in the server folder named "Start(.bat)".
  • Edit the Start.bat files and add
    java -Xms1G -Xmx2G -jar minecraftforge-universal-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-v164-pregradle.jar
    to it as the only line and save before exiting it.
  • Start up the Start.bat file, wait for the server load (there will be a GUI like vanilla, you can disable this with the proper command line options in Start.bat).
  • Load your client with TFC. and add a server using the adress "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" (both are the same).
  • Connect and play.

#disclaimer#

All above steps and files can be found at link, this is just a sumary of those steps in more user friendly form.

Works like a charm for me, make sure you have "minecraftforge-universal-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-v164-pregradle.jar" set in the start.bat and not "minecraft_server.1.6.4.jar". And only start it using the Start.bat file not by clicking any .jar files. Took me around 5min exluding downloads to set it up and run the server, i tested running the "minecraft_server.1.6.4.jar" witch resulted in a vanilla load so im quessing your using that .jar file to launch your server atm.

Goodluck