Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
gilgamorgh

Generation Gateway TFC Modded Server B78.17 [Smart Moving, Mytown, NEI, ExtraFirma, TradeBooths, Backpacks, No Raiding, No PvP, No Griefing]

21 posts in this topic

Generation Gateway is pleased to welcome TFC to its stable of high performance modded servers.

Here at Generation Gateway, we are a mature, professional, dedicated, friendly and helpful community. We have over 15 years of combined experience running gaming communities and managing dedicated servers. Together we have brought the MC community a place to call home. It is our passion to give players a quality and stable place to call home.

We have many top of the line and fully dedicated servers. With other servers in development to give players a choice in what they want to play without having to switch communities.

Our dedicated boxes run the following hardware:-

- Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40GHz, 8 cores

- Raid-1 Dual SSDs

- 32 GB DDR3 RAM

- 500 MB/s Guaranteed (tested)

- 1 Gbps Connection

- Extreme DDoS protection (We have been hit strongly and felt nothing)

- Very good & fast support

Ok ... on to the TFC stuff

The mods we added to our pack are meant to enhance the survival nature of TerraFirmaCraft and not make it easier than it should be. We offer Land Protection through MyTown and also have LWC for chest protection. A minimap is provided so you can mark all those important discoveries and we provide a marketplace for you to sell your wares (once you can make the booth). The server is Public and we will never have it whitelisted.

Everyone is welcome to download the pack at http://ggateway.net/tfchtc and come try out the server for yourselves. We do not have any age restrictions, but we do follow Wheatons Law and expect players to act responsibly. This is a mature community and some language and topics are not always PG rated. ;)

We also provide the following services:

- IRC: GG IRC link

- Teamspeak: ts3.ggateway.net

- DJ Station (EDM): http://plug.dj/generationgateway/

Staff are mature and do not give handouts (No access to creative anyway). This is a survival server. We do not believe in pay-to-win and we do not make servers for the money. We will not change day, give free stuff, limit gameplay experience to RL money or any of that nonsense.

We look forward to seeing you very soon

Gilgs & Exo

Some images from our Spawn

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pics taken with Kreicus' H3D texturepack and SEUS v10.1 Shaderpack

Been with this community for a few months! Great staff, great players, awesome servers (Especially this one!). In my experience, the servers are generally lag-free (unless of course your machine is a bit out-dated or your internet connection just.. fails.), and generally if any does occur it's taken care of promptly by their awesome staff members. I would recommend anyone looking for a friendly community and great servers to come on in and check it out, you won't be disappointed!

P.S.: Meow.

5712 185 -10169 start

world gen error

around spawn point all error

There are many world gen errors in all TFC worlds. Nothing to worry about, but thanks for letting us know.

A smooth running, well moderated server with a friendly community and a Mod setup that perfectly fits Terrafirmacraft.

Problems are taken care of fast and there is allways someone to help.

I ,so far, enjoy my stay and am not planning on leaving soon.

If you're looking for a place to get started, settle, or just to hang out abit, this is a place to go.

-Bone

Going strong. Server has never fallen below 20 TPS (Max). No lag spikes, everything is running strong and smooth. 

So having spent all weekend playing on the server and seen not another single user online..

Does anybody who has a base on here (and there are quite a few) still actually play?

Also given there are no vegetables/grains to be had anywhere on the spawn continent how are you supposed to be able survive (one cannot live on fruit and venison alone)?

This may not be the right place, but when i try to start mutli mc after installing everything (after i've installed forge even) I get this.

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Minecraft exited with exitcode 1.

Can anyone help me with this

Edit: Nevermind, went through the motions again and it worked

So apart from the lack of crops issue..

Any one want to come join me .. have more than enough fruit for several people, a pig farm, and my neighbour has cows which I'm breeding when my meagre oat supply allows..

Fully functional forge with bronze anvil.. about to set up bloomery..

Could probably establish a town .. if I can figure out towny.

Plenty of flatish land and fresh water about ..

Douglas fir tree farm and a selection of others..

I know where there are large reserves of most things except garinite and graphite

My coords (x,z) are 4219, -9516 Temporary refuge at 4495,-10078

Exit Spawn via the hill ladder exit...

If you leave at 5am you can just make it to mine in 1 day but you'll be starving..

There is no food anywhere near spawn... few rocks(rocksalt) and no sticks

I will try and maintain a food stock at the temporary shelter.. there are a couple of fruit trees and some bushes there..you can make the shelter with relative ease in 1 day.

I tend to be online from appox 20:00 till 00:00 UK time weekdays, and various times at the weekend..

I will leave excess food in a storage container in my cellar.. put the jars back please...same goes for the temporary shelter..

This is what many here have been waiting for. TFC is intended at heart for multiplayer, and with server hardware like this, we can have so many people on the same server. Factions and trade can finally exist and thrive. I love you. I love you guys so much.

*A solitary tear rolls down my face*

"Thank you..."

@Pyrocantaes Our post keeps getting lost on the page. Needs to be bumped all the time in order for people to see it. 

@Owl Glad you got it figured out. Tried to make the guides as easy to follow as possible. If you (or anyone else) has issues, hop on our IRC (link on the website, top menu) and we can help you there. 

@IllumiteKt Thanks! We offer as much quality as possible. Wanted to run TFC on a server that would never have issues. The server has actually been up for 25 days without a single issue, not even a lag spike when people are exploring the map. 

As for the food problem, when we launched the server we added a market. In this market you can trade 16 sticks for a full stack of fish, that way you dont die right away (Ill try to remember to add in a sign at spawn for that). Ill also see if i can add in some farms around spawn for new folks. We understand that the spawn area gets overused a lot, so if you have suggestions on what could make it easier (but fair), im all ears. 

Thanks for you post Exo... a sub-forum on GG for TFC might be useful..

I'm currently working towards setting up a town.. but only having "poor" gold makes it really had to establish (64 chunks = 980 units = 9.8 ingots) so doesn't even cover the basic cost.. and it takes a lot of effort just to mine that amount of gold..

And with 4 ingots per additional chunk I recond I need about 80 ingots to set up a town .. so no quick solution especially as I'm trying to get into the iron age so have to mine other ores, manage my tree farm for charcoal, meage crop supply, etc.. Change the cost to iron ingots and then being able to buy them with gold would so help get a town estabished.

Once I get my wrought iron anvil, I can make some decent tools and armour, and then potentially go further North (towards 0) across the ocean in search of more crops..

In terms of the market.. being able to buy seeds for copper/bronze/iron ingots would be useful

Having more active players would also help . only seen 2 others (TangWystle and guil-2) on this week and neither seem communicative..

BTW my IGN is Cailong

You do not need 80 ingots to set up a town. You can make a town with 12 gold ingots, then every chunk after that costs an additional 4. 

http://ggateway.net/tfcmytown

People can add on to the markets after they can make the booths. So if you want to trade seeds for ingots or other stuff, you need to make the booth ;)

Town of Myrhurst now established

Town Hall at 4220, -9547.. beds and basic supplies (including food) available

Waystation at 4495,-10078 .. I will try to keep food in the cellar

Town plots available .. I'll add more based on how fast I can acquire more gold.. I've completely exhausted 1 large poor vein already (so yes Exo you do need 80 ingots to set up a decent sized town and I've spent close to 40 already)

Food situation has improved as I've been "North" exploring and acquired a lot more seeds... still no jute though..

I said you don't need 80 to set up a town. But you are correct on needing lots to make a max sized town (you do get more plots with the more people you have in the town)

Enter the iron age ...check

Complete Iron anvil ...check

Acquire Kaolinite   ....check

Acquire Graphite ....check

Acquire Town Residents .. nope everyone seems to want to play SSP on a server..

I have however cut a ladder descent off the plateau to make getting out of spawn easier

yeah its unfortunate mate :( 

i have set up a test B79 server if you want to have a look

contact me ingame for the IP

hopefully the new build will bring back a flood of players

and i will be on the IRC a bit more now trying to get some more players :)

Steel is the next step .. think I 've now got enough iron for the 8 double sheets for the blast furnace block and the 24 sheets to cover the 2 high stack of firebrick blocks..

If only I wasn't waist deep in fruit, veg, cereals, and pigs, I'd be able to make more progress..build 79 trials aside