Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kakewauso

New to the mod - This is amazing.

5 posts in this topic

First off If i'm putting this is the wrong section of the forum, I apologize I did not see any spot for introducitons ect. 

Second To the awesome people who made this mod... THANK YOU!  You have revitalized minecraft for me.  The days of playing a little bit only to look at the clock and see its 3am are back for me.  I absolutely love it.

I'ved played for a weekend now, and I've managed to lose all my progress six times.  First I burned down my thatch hut...oops, then I fell into a sink hole durning the night, and could not get to my items.  THe best is when I actually managed to make a pick and found my first ore, and caused a cave in, when I got back cobblestone was in the way and I could not break it to get to my items and they dissapeared just out of arms reach LOL!  Yet its still a ton of fun,  I love the complexity of this mod, and I hope to become a part of the community of this great mod.

Right now I am working to learn the mod a little bit, but I plan to make videos at some point.  I think theres another part of the forum for posting video channels so I'll wait until I actually start making videos to post my channel.

Sharing your excitement... it truly brings Minecraft back from the dead for me. It become a true game with TFC... and the depth that it goes into, especially the new update that is being worked on (body warmth mechanics, complex food preferences, farming complexity) really make this the one true mod for me. 

So much to do, so little time...

Basically it's the 'just one more turn principle' playing out beautifully.

Update: 

I managed to survive last night after work.  I cut down tons of trees, made a copper pick, propick,hammer, saw, and chisel through mostly panning for copper.  I then set up a more permanent structure useing smooth marble for the floor and chimney.  Once that was done I set about making a charcoal pit, and with that tried to create a forge.  It took me a bit to figure out that the bend in the chiney needs to be directly above the forge. 

I then decided to go by boat to look for ore.  After about a half an hour of walking I found a huge mine of Rich Tetrahedrite.  Enough to fill 4 vessels!  I  was walking back towards the ocean....and triggered a sink hole, but managed to get out of the way and lo and behold Kaolinite!  I took 2 vessels worth of kaolinite and went to my home.  As luck would have it I had found 5 peices of graphite much earlier and  had stored it not much, but enough for a crucible.  By 2am last night I was able to make a crucible, and smelt 32 bars of copper useing it.

I had a great night!

Good work, and a helluva lot of panning!

Find yourself a copper mine! Much more fun, and you might just find you can fill many more than 4 vessels from a single mine ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0