Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Soccerdude10

Vein Spawning In Rocks

10 posts in this topic

I found a gold mine in Dacite rock and I was digging it out when I hit the middle layer of stone, which was Granite. I knew gold could spawn in that rock type to, so I looked for some there. I couldn't find any. So that got me wondering, can a vein of ore be in two different rock types, that it can spawn in? Or else was it a coincidence that I could not find it in the Granite rock?

Gold only spawns in Rhyolite, Dacite, Andesite and Basalt; aka igneous extrusive rocks. If I'm not wrong. 

Gold only spawns in Rhyolite, Dacite, Andesite and Basalt; aka igneous extrusive rocks. If I'm not wrong. 

You're wrong. Native Gold spawns in both Igneous Extrusive and Intrusive stones.

Andasite, Basalt, Dacite, Rhyolite, Diorite, Gabbro and Granite.

In regards to the OP, I'm not completely sure what happens when an ore vein comes in contact with another stone layer. I will have to do a little bit of digging into the code, and then I will get back to you.

I'm pretty sure that the generator picks a stone type that the ore will generate in and generate it only in that rock type. I am only speaking from experience, however, as I have never seen ore generate in the same pocket in two different stone types in such a situation as in the OP.

Don't know if an vein can be in 2 layers at the same time but, in my seed I have both Limonite and Magnite (iron ores) in the same mountain...

Having two different types of ores in the same mountain isn't uncommon, and thanks for all the replies guys!

I have seen an ore be in two types of stone. They both have to be able to harbor that ore but if they can then it's just a matter of chance.

I've come across a kaolinite vein that spread of two rock types. Though it could have just been two veins beside each other.

Same goes for bismuth too.

I have come across gold that has been spread across two different types of stone. They were not stone layers, though, one was just one fo the hotsprings downward pointing fingers