Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Flamebow5

Tofu and Soymilk

12 posts in this topic

tofu was invented in northern china in around 164 B.C.E..  It is made basically the same way as cheese but with soymilk instead of dairy milk.

it would be very simple to add because soybeans are already in the game. here is how I think it should be made:

Step 1:

Place soybeans in a barrel of water and seal it

(when opened it will contain soymilk)

Step 2:

add vinegar to barrel and seal it

(when opened it will contain TOFU)

(This is basically how it is made in real life)

I would also really like to see some new plant based protein sources and possibly foods that fit more than one food group

here are some more ideas:

Quinoa

Chia Seeds

Seitan(Wheat meat)

(Made form wheat gluten)

Buckwheat

add boiled rice and I can open up a buddhist monastery in TFC 

Wow this is actually a great idea. It adds some foods that could easily be made, and it fits the theme of TFC perfectly.

I have no idea how tofu is made in real life.

I think the soybean has to be ground in some step.

This is actually nice, i would add some variation to the dairymaking, because as of now, there is only normal cheese that you can make to fill up the dairy "nutrient"

Actually I also wondered if its dairy or protein, and I looked it up. It counts as dairy

Actually I also wondered if its dairy or protein, and I looked it up. It counts as dairy

Could you provide your source then that says it counts as dairy? Because Emris provided a link saying that it does not, because "dairy" is defined as a product made from the milk of mammals.

Could you provide your source then that says it counts as dairy? Because Emris provided a link saying that it does not, because "dairy" is defined as a product made from the milk of mammals.

Haha, i really have to start reading what sites say. It says substitute for dairy. Sorry

I find it hard to understand how something can change food groups like that. If soy contained lactose, wouldn't it lose all use for people who are lactose-intolerant? Sounds like it is similar to dairy without actually being dairy (which is kind of the point of defining something as "dairy" or "protein")

Because food groups are an artificial distinction anyway. There is significant and non-ignorable crossover between the food groups, owing to the fact that all foods contain many of the same components, only in varying amounts. Meats are noted for their protein, but they also contain fats and quite a bit of carboydrates (glycogen), as well as vitamins. If you go to the organ meats (including the brain and marrow), you obtain pretty complete nutrition, provided you eat in sufficient quantity. Combinations of vegitables and grains also provide complete nutrition, especially the way they are prepared that liberates their more vital nutrients for absorption, even without meat or dairy.

A variety of foods makes it easier to balance a diet, and that balance does translate to greater health, but the contribution is nowhere near as exaggerated as TFC makes it to be.