Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
J3ng3n

TFC Dock

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any success at making a dock to park up minecraft boats where they will stay relatively put without just breaking them and tossing them into a chest.

I would love to see screenshots of what you have made to make this easier.

Thanks,

J3

Do boats actually work for you? Mine never last for more than a couple of minutes, consistently exploading in the middle of open stretches of water for no apparent reason.

Has anyone had any success at making a dock to park up minecraft boats where they will stay relatively put without just breaking them and tossing them into a chest.

I would love to see screenshots of what you have made to make this easier.

Thanks,

J3

The answer to your question is no.

Do boats actually work for you? Mine never last for more than a couple of minutes, consistently exploading in the middle of open stretches of water for no apparent reason.

I have noticed this, that is a continuity issue between client and server that needed to be addressed. It can be avoided a bit more if you log out and log back in every couple of minutes to re-establish where you are. The issue is where you are near-ish to land and you (clientside) think you go around it but the game (serverside) doesnt recognise this and makes you hit it. You can then establish where the game thought you were by simply looking around for the broken planks and sticks.

Another common issue is to hit something in the water (e.g. a squid or lily pad)

I have noticed this, that is a continuity issue between client and server that needed to be addressed. It can be avoided a bit more if you log out and log back in every couple of minutes to re-establish where you are. The issue is where you are near-ish to land and you (clientside) think you go around it but the game (serverside) doesnt recognise this and makes you hit it. You can then establish where the game thought you were by simply looking around for the broken planks and sticks.

Another common issue is to hit something in the water (e.g. a squid or lily pad)

The problem is that it's a vanilla issue, not a TFC one. So there's really nothing that TFC can do to fix it.

Could we have an option in a config file to make the boat indestructible?

It goes against my sense of believable, but so is the boat breaking because it hit a squid.

Could we have an option in a config file to make the boat indestructible?It goes against my sense of believable, but so is the boat breaking because it hit a squid.

I agree completely.That should be makeable?

I find myself wondering why this is a suggestion for tfc, rather than, y'know, a suggestion for vanilla minecraft?

tfc will likely be adding their own boats (see the canoe thread), at which time the buggy vanilla one will likely be disabled. For the devs to spend time spackling over vanilla's flaws in the mean time seems like a waste.

I find myself wondering why this is a suggestion for tfc, rather than, y'know, a suggestion for vanilla minecraft?tfc will likely be adding their own boats (see the canoe thread), at which time the buggy vanilla one will likely be disabled. For the devs to spend time spackling over vanilla's flaws in the mean time seems like a waste.

The question is if there will be a new code for the canoe or if it will be based on the existing code for the boat.

I just hope you are right and the new code will fix everything.

The problem is that it's a vanilla issue, not a TFC one. So there's really nothing that TFC can do to fix it.

Yeah I always figured that so I never brought it up before. Kitty, do you know if it is fixed in the vanilla version that the next TFC is being ported to?

I haven't heard of any chances to boats since a few major versions back when they "fixed" them by increasing their durability, so now they usually don't pop the first time they hit a lillypad. The client-server desynching thing I haven't heard anything about fixes for.

The next tfc is targeting 1.7, I think. 1.8, I'm not fully read up on yet, but from what little I've seen, it sounds like they might finally have listened to the people who've been screaming at least since MC 1.4 for an update focused on bug fixes instead of new features? If so, anything's possible... :fingers crossed: