Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
erian_7

[Offline][0.78.17] New Melinia [Co-Op, ExtraFirma, BuidCraft, RailCraft, TrainCraft, Small Boats, Towny and LWC)

155 posts in this topic

Lol, did you install the build craft client from both links and not just the Crossover?

yes

Hey Maxames. Good to see you around. I'll shoot you the link for my modpack with the mod and config folders. That should fix any issues not directly related to a client-side problem.

For all, note that v1.1 of the modpack has the Year length set to 144 to match the new server settings. You can just edit the TFC config file to do the same.

Finally, I'm getting the Trade Booths set up around town as they should be, so the Carpenter trades coins for wood, the Mason trades for stone, etc. The centralized trade area in the Market will be for Players to set up booths, and I'm also putting a booth there to sell sulfur since TFC has a sulfur generation issue at present. I'd like some thoughts on perhaps using alternate materials to get the waterproofing for pipes. At present, it takes a whole lot of flowers, plus a resource players can't readily get with the sulfur issue. I'm thinking perhaps we could stay with the flowers = latex and perhaps mix that with gypsum instead. I'd like feedback on the craft rate - right now Rhapsody and I are discussing that perhaps the flower requirements are way too high.

Finally, I'm getting the Trade Booths set up around town as they should be, so the Carpenter trades coins for wood, the Mason trades for stone, etc. The centralized trade area in the Market will be for Players to set up booths, and I'm also putting a booth there to sell sulfur since TFC has a sulfur generation issue at present. I'd like some thoughts on perhaps using alternate materials to get the waterproofing for pipes. At present, it takes a whole lot of flowers, plus a resource players can't readily get with the sulfur issue. I'm thinking perhaps we could stay with the flowers = latex and perhaps mix that with gypsum instead. I'd like feedback on the craft rate - right now Rhapsody and I are discussing that perhaps the flower requirements are way too high.

Maybe if you increase the output, it would be more reasonable. Maybe if a bucket latex made 32 rubber (this would make 8 liquid transfer pipes) instead of 4 rubber it would be better.

I would agree with the recipe alteration, i found 3 lava pools, none with any sulfur, with how fast xeno and I have been progressing sulfur is our only hold up. any non-sulfur recipe for rubber would be a god send.

I would agree with the recipe alteration, i found 3 lava pools, none with any sulfur, with how fast xeno and I have been progressing sulfur is our only hold up. any non-sulfur recipe for rubber would be a god send.

we could make it use another none used material, like Galena that Erian suggested.

Maybe if you increase the output, it would be more reasonable. Maybe if a bucket latex made 32 rubber (this would make 8 liquid transfer pipes) instead of 4 rubber it would be better.

We could do this as well, ill leave it up to Erian to decide

we could make it use another none used material, like Galena that Erian suggested.

But lead has a use, with the build-craft crossover, lead has use as a pipe metal (tho not worth the effort being bronze my be a tad more expensive, its easier to work and weld with).

I say gypsum (as erian suggested) would make a better replacement for sulfur, or we can remove the rubber recipe all together by using latex in the place of rubber (smear it on the inside of the pipe to seal it) but the down fall of that might cause latex to be to power-full and expensive as we run out of flowers (why flowers?) for it.

:) ... i am planing to add a rubber tree though  ... some day soon, i hope.

o yha and one more thing (i don't know if this was asked yet) are you able to have the auto workbench accept tools in the grid? i was planing to make a flux factory (just for kicks) but i shouldn't put the hammer in the grid, might you be able to do that(and hopefully not eat the tool whole)?

You can farm flowers you know. You can thank ExtraFirma for that.

I get two stacks a harvest from my farm

Okay, so there seems to be general consensus for a recipe change. My suggestion is to use Gypsum, as it currently has no other use and also in RL actually has some relation to sulfur. We can make recipes that currently require sulfur use the gypsum ore instead.

For the output increase, it does seem very low to me right now for any large-scale use of pipes to move liquid. Given our focus on more Industrial Revolution then Iron Age survival, I believe we can increase the output without any significant impact to the game overall. The target Rhapsodyman proposes sounds reasonable to me, so we can use a multiple of 8 on all current recipes producing rubber.

For the Rubber Tree, note that we'd have to do a world refresh when that's implemented to get it spawning. I won't take that step without some careful planning to ensure player work is properly saved, so no one needs to worry on that front.

Okay, so there seems to be general consensus for a recipe change. My suggestion is to use Gypsum, as it currently has no other use and also in RL actually has some relation to sulfur. We can make recipes that currently require sulfur use the gypsum ore.

Can you make a way to switch purchased sulfur to gypsum so I don't lose a lot of money

Yep, I can add that to the trade booth in New Melinia that sells the sulfur. I'll keep that option in as well for anyone that otherwise needs sulfur. And for those that haven't seen it, that booth also trades lignite/bituminous coal for useable coal to get around the problem of the BC mining well/quarry returning otherwise useless ore for those two.

We seem to be missing the male horse I brought to spawn. Whoever took it I ask that you either return it or find another male, we need a male for horse breeding.

Okay, so there seems to be general consensus for a recipe change. My suggestion is to use Gypsum, as it currently has no other use and also in RL actually has some relation to sulfur. We can make recipes that currently require sulfur use the gypsum ore instead.For the output increase, it does seem very low to me right now for any large-scale use of pipes to move liquid. Given our focus on more Industrial Revolution then Iron Age survival, I believe we can increase the output without any significant impact to the game overall. The target Rhapsodyman proposes sounds reasonable to me, so we can use a multiple of 8 on all current recipes producing rubber.For the Rubber Tree, note that we'd have to do a world refresh when that's implemented to get it spawning. I won't take that step without some careful planning to ensure player work is properly saved, so no one needs to worry on that front.

Ill try and get you this done by tomorrow

Spawn Update:

Added A Tank to the machine shop (which is now filled with oil)

Posted Image

Built a Steam boiler and two commercial steam engines to power the factory side of the machine shop. Steam boiler gets water from the Water Tank in the other room. (Will be expanding the steam boiler to a 2x2x2)

Posted Image

Outside view of Factory and Warehouse

Posted Image

This should put Spawn at Teir 3 Railcraft, and we should be qualified to be teir 5 Buildcraft (unless otherwise).

Oil at spawn is open to the public and can taken with steel buckets. Our intentions are that once we are declared teir 5 Buildcraft to create a refinery near Spawns oil Rig in the desert.

hey there i am planning to join but i whas wondering if there are still free spots leftalso i want to ask if i just trow all the mods in the mods folder and join, (pro at playing, noob at installing)maybe there is a ''modpack'' you made for the server

We do have a mod pack, though Erain is the one who hands that stuff out.

We always have room for more players, I always need experienced help with these tech mods

nice okay so i just download the mods and put them in the modfolder right?

nice okay so i just download the mods and put them in the modfolder right?

yep, just make sure you have the version specified

thx

I sent erian the updated recipes, you should see the change to rubber recipe soon

I sent erian the updated recipes, you should see the change to rubber recipe soon

Sweet, can you also tell him to bring in the rock crusher and update the shops?