Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
erian_7

[Offline][0.78.17] New Melinia [Co-Op, ExtraFirma, BuidCraft, RailCraft, TrainCraft, Small Boats, Towny and LWC)

155 posts in this topic

I have completed the last objective for New Melinia. The Sky Dock is completed.

But I have bad news, I will no longer be able to play on this server for 3-6 months due to obligations to the Army. Thank you all for the fun and hope to see you in the future!

Thanks for all the hard work, Rhapsodyman! You've been great to have on the server and I look forward to your return. Safe travels and service!

Yep, when I increased the server size, I forgot to reset the auto-payment amount to the new cost. Should be up now.

hey erian_7 could you pm me the mods and config folder? i tryed to pm you about it but your inbox is full

There's a lot of updating in the mods that will need to be done before the server can be updated and they can't really do so until this version of TFC is stable

plz unban me, i promise i wont grief. plz? pretty plz? pretty plz with a gazillion cherrys on top?

yellowbandit: Sorry about that. I didn't realize the PM limit on here was so low. Cleared my queue and also forwarded the ZIP file to you.

solider1234: As Dano noted, we've got several dependencies before the server can upgrade to TFC 79. I do have a test server running now, but as anyone that's been watching the changelog can see, it's a bit early to even be trying TFC 79 as a "stable" server, much less one with the number of mods we have. I can confirm that all of the available 1.7.10 mods are playing nice with 79 so far. BC is generating oil (though only in oceans without an update to the BC-TFC Crossover mod). I'm also waiting to see what happens with ExtraFirma, since it's got a lot of nice features and affects world gen. The big issues on the non-TFC mod front right now are Traincraft, which does not have a 1.7.10 version and may never have one, and Smallboats, which has an experimental version but it only has the Punt active. Neither of these are critical to the server overall since we don't use them for any world generation features, and so could be added at a later date once all the other pieces are solid. Another major effort will be in updating the MineTweaker scripts since we'd shift up to v3 of the scripting. Once all this is ironed out, transition to a new server would be done with care and planning. It will mean a full restart, since 79 changes world gen behavior, so we'll work out a good approach for that. At present I favor current players being able to "take over" an inventory of goods (no containers of even more goods). This would represent the player's hard work on the current world leading to a head start when beginning exploration in a new world. I'm open to ideas on this front.

owloctogons: I'm very hesitant at present to reinstate you. We've had player issues in the past and we could work through those, but you broke the smithy at spawn and stole those items. There's a sign right beside that spot that says "don't break stuff here or you can get banned." That's not something that can happen accidentally. Heck, we've had people accidentally break spawn--they reported it, we fixed it, and everything was good. Then you went on a deception spree with the moderators. It's not clear to me why, exactly, you'd be a good addition to the server at this point. Work that out for me, and I'll consider the request. For all, we've got Prism on this server for a reason. If you break something, steal something, etc. we can find out. If you want to play in my sandbox, follow the few rules we have in place. Don't get all foul-mouthed--I invite kids to play on this server for a reason, and I will boot you. Don't grief or steal people's stuff--this is a co-op server and there are plenty of resources to go around.

ok. i needed a minecart and didnt think about the consequences. thats my best excuse. BTW: i can test traincraft, railcraft and the others along with tfc 79 to see if they are stable enough for a medium size server. and i can make a addon too...

Im back guys. Finally setting into a new laptop which means ill be more of a regular presence (as soon as I install the modpacks.) Read through everything just to catch up, and I have to say I'm gonna miss working with Rhapsodyman on the train station and the first chunk of switch yard at spawn. 

Im sort of torn between taking another town gig or volunteering to mayor a town. How close is the closest "abandoned" town to spawn? Does it already have a market?

I may just stick around spawn a while longer and take on build projects. I also agree with building a spawn castle and turning spawn into a major trade hub. Also, can I drop a personal trade booth in the blacksmith? I think letting people do that would really stimulate trade (Id certainly buy ore, or at least tools to do jobs with)

Also, I would like to suggest a shop that buys gems. This would be a great way to boost use of the ingame economy

Please edit your posts rather than posting multiple times in a row

Im back guys. Finally setting into a new laptop which means ill be more of a regular presence (as soon as I install the modpacks.) Read through everything just to catch up, and I have to say I'm gonna miss working with Rhapsodyman on the train station and the first chunk of switch yard at spawn. 

Im sort of torn between taking another town gig or volunteering to mayor a town. How close is the closest "abandoned" town to spawn? Does it already have a market?

I may just stick around spawn a while longer and take on build projects. I also agree with building a spawn castle and turning spawn into a major trade hub. Also, can I drop a personal trade booth in the blacksmith? I think letting people do that would really stimulate trade (Id certainly buy ore, or at least tools to do jobs with)

Grandia is the closest--jHampster built it up considerably before having to leave and has given permission to hand it off. I can point you that way if you just want to check it out. I certainly wouldn't complain about you staying on to work at New Melinia, as there are still lots of projects to do there as well. You can certainly set up a trade booth in the blacksmith (or other locations) if you like.

I'll PM you a link to the file...

Two pictures from the BlackRock Corporatation's Processing Facility

Posted Image

Posted Image

And, yes we are looking for new members

Yo y'all, been awhile, I'll be heading back home soon and I'm wondering if you guys are still active?

Hey man, glad to hear you'll be home soon! Unfortunately, I had to let this server lapse after some family medical issues. I did manage to save the whole thing off to an archive if I can ever get the time/resources to boot it up again.

Thanks. Our daughters last surgery for (hopefully) a while was 12/03 and she's recovering well. Now we just have to beat down all the medical bills...

Medical bills, I'm glad I don't live in burgerstan, Canadian Free Healthcare, best thing in the world