Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
erian_7

[Offline][0.78.17] New Melinia [Co-Op, ExtraFirma, BuidCraft, RailCraft, TrainCraft, Small Boats, Towny and LWC)

155 posts in this topic

Introduction
New Melinia is a MCPC+ server running TerraFirmacraft 78.17. This is a Co-Operative Play server; Players are encouraged to work together to found and expand towns, building infrastructure between to support rail, water, and even air travel. PvP is sanctioned only in Arena areas and theft is discouraged (and prevented in towns via LWC). Players are free to forge off into the Frontier on their own, but town charters and advancements are only available to those that contribute toward building up the world, first at spawn and later at other towns.The server has all teleportation disabled for standard players--even /spawn--so travel is by foot, or whatever vessel can be crafted. Our hope is that this will encourage folks to expand organically and build infrastructure to connect sites, rather than running off 12,0000 blocks to set up a private base. One can, of course, still do that but access to spawn will be critical for getting some items and blocks that won't be craftable. Mobs are also enabled by default inside Towns--build proper protection to keep them out...

Concept

The concept behind New Melinia is that the initial spawn site as a "base camp" where a team has arrived to explore a new world. Players work cooperatively at first to establish this site, then begin bringing resources back to develop additional technology. As such, the Players can have a direct hand in building spawn. Players can also explore out into the frontier not only to find new resources but to establish new towns, which can then be connected by roads, trains, rivers, and sea lanes. At some point, perhaps some groups might splinter off and start competing with the original settlers (possibly even via Towny Wars)...But this is all "flavor" to fill in the story of the server and is subject to change with your input.

This is not a Survival from the Stone Age server experience. As such, it may appeal more to people that have already played through TFC from that perspective and are looking for a "what's next" game. If you want that, however, you can certainly forge off into the frontier without utilizing the spawn town features. Spawn has quarters for workers that want to stay close, including beds and chests that can be claimed and locked. It also has a fully functional TFC smithy, with forges, crucibles, 2 bloomeries, a blast furnace, and a blue steel anvil. While this infrastructure is in place, spawn has no resources other than what players bring in, so no endless Buy/Sell options. There is an open copper mine near spawn, and it looks like some gold is under town hall waiting for a good miner...

Towns and Expansion

Town Charters are granted based on accomplishments for supporting development of spawn, with Bronze, Iron, and Gold Coins representing progress toward the Diamond Coin that grants the final charter. Players can earn coins simply by bringing back resources to spawn; crop seeds are worth 4 bronze for instance for seeds in low supply, down to only 1 (or 0 if we have a full stack of seeds. Trades can include plants, fuel, ingots, and stone, as well as other resources like clay and peat. Trade Booths are located in the basement of Town Hall until such time as the Market Place is constructed.

Players can also bring animals back to spawn, with the first 8 animals earning Coins. Post a screenshot to show your animal handling skills (and let me know how many Coins to award). Oh, and anyone bringing back a bear and building a suitable pen automatically gains a Town Charter. Because, it's a bear. Seriously. That's some skills, or dedication. Anyone can bring back a female bear, to be a mate for the male returned to spawn by Taseko. It should be placed near the zoo pen for the male bear.

However, Players wanting to earn a Town Charter faster can choose instead to take on a spawn Project. Projects grant potentially hundreds of coins upon completion, and also establish the player as a Founder of that site. Once sites are built, spawn will be capable of providing more services. So, when a Marketplace is built, spawn can start selling the resources Players bring back to trade. When a Train Station is built, spawn can start selling train parts, etc. These sites will, in the future, be opened to further expansion based on progress in new towns. So, for example, once a number of towns are established with their own Train Stations (that can themselves earn the Players some Coins to start more Towns), the spawn train station will be upgradeable to the next Tier, thus providing Players more options to build up Spawn. Upgrades will lead to greater spawn services, such as more advanced trains. And upgraded sites can also lead to new sites, like an Air Dock for building zeppelins. The full Tech Tier advancement for towns is handled in the second post below.

Current Spawn Building Projects:
  • [*]Tree Farm (completed and open to residents) [*]Farm (completed and open to residents) [*]Charcoal Burn House (completed and open to residents) [*]Train Station (completed and open to residents) [*]Shipyard (completed and open to residents) [*]Market Place (partially completed and open to residents; tavern chunk unclaimed) [*]Machine Shop (completed and open to residents) [*]Machine Shop Warehouse/Factory (completed and open to residents) [*]Stable (completed and open to residents) [*]Lighthouse (completed and open to residents) [*]Native Training Area (2 chunks, example by the zoo. Must train new players on TFC basics. Erian can place NPC natives; unclaimed) [*]Library (1 chunk, unclaimed) [*]Zoo (9 chunks, unclaimed) [*]Special Projects (e.g, like the lighthouse and zoo, completing a tunnel through the mountain from the docks to the tree farm, whatever you can think of) [*]Monuments (statues, fountains, etc.)

Server Status

The server is now open to the public, though we are still in Beta stage for ironing out the details. abdyman has been working diligently to get MineTweaker support in place for items and blocks to be crafted using TFC materials, while I've been focused on configuring the server to work fully with Towny, CraftConomy LWC, etc. We also have Essentials, Prism, WorldGuard, WorldBorders, and WorldEdit in place for server-side needs. And we now have a fair number of folks logging on to help us test things out. We're open both to bug reports and to feedback on the overall approach and concept.

Installation/Configuration

The mod and config folders are available upon request. Please PM me and I will provide a link and password. The modpack is private and may not be redistributed or posted publicly per licensing requirements from several included mods. This pack contains both MapWriter and Rei's Minimap as I use them both at the same time by repositioning their placement in the GUI. You can alternately remove either if you just want to use one.

Note that the TFCOptions.cfg is set to I:yearLength=144. I believe all clients will need this set as well.

IP Address: 198.23.148.195:25665

Required Mods and Add-Ons 

(showing the current file loaded on the server--for all be sure you're getting the 1.6.4 version except where noted, as many have 1.7.x versions as the default)
  • [*]
ExtraFirma (extrafirma-universal-1.0.4-1.6.4.jar) [*]BuildCraft (buildcraft-A-1.6.4-4.2.2.jar), via the BC TFC Crossover Add-On (1.6.4_BCTFCcrossover-0.9.B78.zip)
  • [*]Note that the main.conf file at .minecraftconfigbuildcraft must be edited so that Items are in the 17### range rather than 19###

[*]RailCraft (Railcraft_1.6.4-8.4.0.0.jar) [*]TrainCraft (traincraft-4.2.1_011.jar) [*]SmallBoats (smallboats.0.10.6.jar) [*]MineTweaker (MineTweaker3-1.6.4-3.0.6.jar) [*]ModTweaker (ModTweaker-1.7.X-0.5.jar - be sure to get the older v0.5 and not 0.5d; yes, it says it's for 1.7.x...) [*]Trade Booths (tradebooth.0.6.4.4.zip) [*]Custom NPCs (CustomNPCs_1.6.2-1.6.4.zip)

*Not exactly required, but recommended and support might assume you have these installed.

Recommended Optional Mods

(showing the current file loaded on my client--for all be sure you're getting the 1.6.4 version as many have 1.7.x versions as the default):
  • [*]
Not Enough Items (NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.9.jar; requires CodeChickenCore (CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.9.jar) from the same link) with NEI Plug-Ins (NEIPlugins-1.1.0.6.jar)* [*]SmartMoving (Smart Moving Universal for ModLoader or Minecraft Forge or MCPC+.zip (extrat from MC 1.6.4 - Smart Moving 14.6.1.zip); requires Player API Core 1.2, PlayerAPI.jar)* [*]CraftGuide (CraftGuide-1.6.7.5.zip, and be sure to get the 1.6.4 version as the 1.7.2 version is the same name; allows viewing machine recipes with TFC items). [*]Dynamic Lights (DynamicLights_1.6.4.jar) [*]Inventory Tweaks (InventoryTweaks-MC1.6.4-1.57-dev-b84.jar; client-side working via compatibility fix) [*]HUDs such as Damage Indicators (1.6.4 DamageIndicatorsv2.9.2.4.zip) [*]MinMap such as MapWriter (mapwriter-1.6.4-2.0.17.zip) or Rei's Minimap (ZansMinimap1.6.4.zip)

Voice Server

A Murmur server is available for player use with the

Mumble client.

chi-voice2.fragnet.net:65052 (currently broken...)

Here is a teamspeak server u can use while mumble is down.
Ip:ftb.fearofmobs.com
Pass:mobbywood

Town Infrastructure/Technology Tiers

Upon Completion of Requirements, Town and Players gain access to craft higher tier items. Some accomplishments also grant machines that are not otherwise craftable such as the rolling machine (game goal: keeping spawn a relevant part of the game so travel is required). Later, towns that advance high enough will be able to provide these machines themselves.

In addition, the Spawn town is following this same progression and is constrained in how high it can advance based on other towns (game goal: encourage advancement in other towns). Spawn cannot unlock the next Tier of an advancement until at least one town per previous Tier # has completed the Tier below. So, for instance, Grandia just completed BC Tier I. As such, Spawn is now unlocked to expand to BC Tier II. Spawn cannot expand to BC Tier III until at least 2 towns complete BC Tier II. Through this I hope to ensure folks actually leave spawn and found their own towns to keep growth moving.

Finally, the hard work required for the accomplishments also results in bonus Chunks (1 Chunk per Tier level) to claim by the town and a cash award (32 Bronze Coins per Tier level).

Note that automation for this process is not fully in place at present, e.g. some items are craftable by anyone, others can't be crafted. Until this can be fully automated, town Mayors should post here upon completion of Requirements (screen shots would be great). This is a light-RP approach, intended to give players a challenge with suitable awards afterward, rather than an attempt to limit player options. Feedback is always welcome. Completion of Requirements also grants the Town bonus chunks equal to the Tier as well as a cash award equal to the value of those chunks.

ExtraFirma

Tier I

[*]Requirements: None (if you can find the raw materials, you can make it…)

[*]Town AccessNone

[*]Resident Access: May craft all ExtraFirma items

Legal

From mod author Zerren: “This mod is licensed under everything TFC is licensed under and is property of myself and the two main TFC developers, Bioxx and dunkleosteus.”

“I edit, distribute, and reproduce NO files or assets from Terrafirmacraft in this mod. Some art assets are based heavily on assets provided by Terrafirmacraft to keep visual continuity, but none are direct copies.”

Trade Booths

Tier I

[*]Requirements: Town must have a Market Place (minimum 4 chunks, may contain warehouses, open market squares, shops, etc.)

[*]Town AccessTown may establish Trade Booths to trade surplus supplies stocked in the trade chest. Mayor is granted access to buy Trade Booths at Spawn.

[*]Resident Access: May acquire Trade Booths from the Market Place to establish player-owned shops

Legal

From mod author aeroc under Distribution and Modpacks:  “Anyone may freely host and distribute the Trade Booth mod without restriction, whether it be a part of a modpack or all by itself (don't even ask me). As you can read below, under the Source Code heading, you may modify the Trade Booth mod and distribute it freely as well. I certainly appreciate being given credit, but I will fault no one for omitting it.”

Small Boats

Tier I

[*]Requirements: None

[*]Town AccessNone

[*]Resident AccessMay craft the Punt

Tier II

[*]Requirements: Town must have a Marina, with pier infrastructure (2 chunks, water minimum 3 blocks deep), Dry Dock (1 chunk), and Boat House (1 chunk)

[*]Town AccessTown is granted a Trade Booth to trade Whitehalls (available for purchase at Spawn) stocked in the trade chest. The Trade Both starts with 9 Whitehalls in stock

Tier III

[*]Requirements: Town must have a Port, with pier infrastructure (4 chunks, water minimum 6 blocks deep), Dry Dock (2 chunks), Warehouse (1 chunk), and Dock Office for the Harbormaster (1 chunk)

[*]Town Access: Town Trade Booth is upgraded to trade Hoys (available for purchase at Spawn) stocked in the trade chest. The Trade Both starts with 4 Hoys in stock

Legal

From mod author Awger under License on the mod page: “Permission to include the Small Boats mod in your mod pack is granted, as long you're not selling it or otherwise charging for distribution.”

BuildCraft (town requirements will likely integrate Railcraft and/or Traincraft machines in final verison)

Tier I

[*]Requirements: Town must have a Smithy (1 chunk, with at least 2 forges and an anvil)

[*]Town Access: Town is granted a Trade Booth to trade Tier 0-2 metal gears and pipes, automatic crafting tables, and mechanical engines stocked in the trade chest

[*]Resident Access: Players may craft Tier 0-2 metal gears and pipes, automatic crafting tables, and mechanical engines

Tier II

[*]Requirements: Town must have a Machine Shop (1 chunk, with automatic crafting table and mechanical engine routing items to a chest) and Advanced Smithy (1 chunk, with bloomery and wrought iron anvil). Smithy and Machine Shop may be in the same chunk.

[*]Town Access: Town Trade Booth is upgraded to trade Tier 3 metal gears and pipes, chutes, and steam engines stocked in the trade chest

[*]Resident Access: Players may craft Tier 3 metal gears and pipes, chutes, and steam engines

Tier III

[*]Requirements: Town must have an Advanced Machine Shop (1 chunk, with 2 automatic crafting tables, 2 mechanical engines routing items to chests, chutes, and a steam engine) and Advanced Smithy (1 chunk, with bloomery, blast furnace, and steel anvil)

[*]Town Access: Town Trade Booth is upgraded to trade Tier 4 metal gears and pipes, mining wells, pumps, floodgates, and combustion engines stocked in the trade chest

[*]Resident Access: Players may craft Tier 4 metal gears and pipes, mining wells, pumps, floodgates, and combustion engines

Tier IV

[*]Requirements: Town must have a Factory (2 chunks, with 2 automatic crafting tables, 2 mechanical engines routing items to chests, chutes, and steam engine powering a pump, mining well, or floodgate) and Advanced Smithy (1 chunk, with bloomery, blast furnace, 2 crucibles, and black steel anvil)

[*]Town Access: Town Trade Booth is upgraded to trade Tier 5 metal gears and pipes, as well as fillers stocked in the trade chest

[*]Resident Access: Players may craft Tier 5 metal gears and pipes, as well as fillers

Tier V

[*]Requirements: Town must have a Advanced Factory (2 chunks, with 2 automatic crafting tables, 2 mechanical engines routing items to chests, chutes, and steam engine powering a pump, mining well, or floodgate) and Advanced Smithy (1 chunk, with 2 bloomeries, blast furnace, 2 crucibles, and blue or red steel anvil)

[*]Town Access: Town Trade Booth is upgraded to trade Tier 6 metal gears and pipes, quarries*, refineries, and filtered buffers stocked in the trade chest

[*]Resident Access: Players may craft Tier 6 metal gears and pipes, quarries*, refineries, and filtered buffers

*Quarries are configured to work as single-use items--plan and prep placement well!

Legal

From BuildCraft FAQ: “As of November 1st, 2011, the answer is YES. But that comes with constraints and restrictions. BuildCraft is released through an Open-Source license, the Minecraft Mod Public License. It does allow redistribution of the mod in its various forms (sources, binaries) in certain cases. Make sure that you do understand the license before distributing a mod including BuildCraft!”

“The main restriction is that sources must be accessible. If you are only redistributing the unmodified binaries, or class files, adding a link to http://www.mod-buildcraft.com is enough – sources can be retrieved from there. Otherwise, make sure that you clearly understand the implications, and asks questions in the forum if needed.”

Railcraft (WIP)

Tier I

[*]Requirements: Carpentery Building, Masonry Building

[*]Town Access: Town is granted a Trade Booth to trade Coke Oven, Water Tanks, Wooden Rails stocked in the trade chest

[*]Resident Access: Players may craft Coke Oven, Water Tanks, Wooden Rails

Tier II

[*]Requirements: BC Tier II + Coke Oven and Water Tank in Machine Shop

[*]Town Access: Town is granted a Rolling Machine, and Mayor my purchase additional Rolling Machines at Spawn. Town Trade Booth is upgraded to trade Steam Boiler, Steam Oven, Hobbyist and Commercial Steam Engines stocked in the trade chest

[*]Resident Access: Players may craft Standard Rails (at Rolling Machine) Steam Boiler, Steam Oven, Hobbyist and Commerical Steam Engines

Tier III

[*]Requirements: BC Tier III + Steam Boiler, Iron Tank, Commercial Steam Engine, Rolling Machine in Advanced Machine Shop

[*]Town Access: Town is granted a Rock Crusher, and Mayor my purchase additional Rock Crushers at Spawn. Town Trade Booth is upgraded to trade Industrial Steam Engine stocked in the trade chest

[*]Resident Access: Players may craft Advanced Rails (at Rolling Machine) and Industrial Steam Engines

Tier IV

[*]Requirements: BC Tier IV + Industrial Steam Engine, Steel Tank, Rock Crusher in Factory

[*]Town Access: Town is granted a (Industrial) Blast Furnace (if technically possible--will output steel faster than TFC blast furnace) and Tunnel Bore, and Mayor my purchase additional Tunnel Bores at Spawn. Town Trade Booth is upgraded to trade Top-Tier Rails, Steam Turbine (maybe, if early electricity tech is included) stocked in the trade chest

[*]Resident Access: Players may craft Top-Tier Rails (at Rolling Machine), Steam Turbine (maybe, if early electricity tech is included), Tunnel Bore

Legal

From the Railcraft Mod License page: “Private client bundles are permitted without requiring permission or meeting the restrictions on Public ModPacks, but must be protected via password or white-list in such a way that only server users are allowed to access it.”

Traincraft (WIP)

Tier I

[*]Requirements: Railcraft Tier II, Train Station (2 chunks, with ticketing area and loading area, plus a water tank), Train Workbench, Assembly Table I in Machine Shop

[*]Town AccessTown is granted a Steam Locomotive and a Trade Booth to trade Steam Locomotives (Mayor may purchase at Spawn).

[*]Resident Access: N/A

Tier II

[*]Requirements: Railcraft Tier III, Train Switch Yard (1 chunk, with at least 4 lines coming in and depot to house trains), Train Assembly Table II in Advanced Machine Shop

[*]Town AccessTown is granted an Advanced Steam or Diesel Locomotive. Trade Booth is upgraded to trade Advanced Steam Locomotives (Mayor may purchase at Spawn), Diesel Locomotives (Mayor may purchase at Spawn), Distillation Tower, Diesel Generator.

[*]Resident AccessPlayers may craft Distillation Tower, Diesel Generator.

Tier III

[*]Requirements: Railcraft Tier IV, Assembly Table III, Diesel Generator, Distillation Tower in Factory

[*]Town Access: Town is granted an Advanced Diesel Locomotive. Trade Booth is upgraded to trade Advanced Diesel Locomotives (Mayor may purchase at Spawn), Wind Mill, Water Mill

[*]Resident Access: Players may craft Wind Mill, Water Mill.

Tier IV

[*]Requirements: Air Dock (2 chunks, with landing area and control/watch tower), Wind Mill, Water Mill in Advanced Factory

[*]Town Access: Town is granted an Air Ship. Trade Booth is upgraded to trade Air Ships, Zeppelins (Mayor may purchase at Spawn. Possibly limited electric trains like cart hauler, tram, and BR E69--still undecided on moving into early electricity tech)

[*]Resident Access: You can fly!

Legal

From the Traincraft Terms and Conditions by mod authors Spitfire4466 and Mrbrutal: “A "private server pack" is allowed (also with the permission of at least one of the above mentioned authors) under these circumstances:

- A "private server pack" refers to a modpack intended to be used by a closed membership Minecraft server and distributed only to those members.

- The said pack team may not post any links of this mod or any packs containing this mod publicly.

- Proper credit to the authors mentioned above should be provided on a clear spot for everyone to see.

- A link to either this site (Thread) or the wiki should be provided.

- Non-commercial, non-profit mod packs only. If you are going to include the mod in a pack or "bundle" adf.ly or similar monetization services are not to be used to gain profit.”

Hey, your server sounds like exactly what I am looking for.

It would be nice if you had a modpack on one of the launchers for convenience, but ether way I would love to be a tester for you. 

also i think an organically player created spawn would be awesome. 

Very good. I just did a "final" reset on the map with our current settings, so I'm hoping we're good to go with it. I need to get a few more things in place first, and will shoot you the IP address tomorrow (if not later tonight).

As a note for all, my intention is to have this be the real map for the server, so early testers will indeed have more direct hand in building spawn. If something happens that requires a map reset (possible given that we're still tweaking settings), I'd move over the appropriate chunks to the new map. This is, as stated above, subject to change if the overall Player group decides a different direction will better suit the middle and end-game use of the trains and such.

I administrate a server for some people and plan to integrate Railcraft for endgame.

How did you do the integration with TFC in Detail, particular the Coke oven and Rolling maschines?

That's a good example of our present approach actually. For the coke oven, it's a simple matter of using CustomRecipes to make a new crafting recipe for the coke oven blocks to build the structure, then it functions as normal. We don't have Vanilla buckets of course to get the creosote out for further use, but BC pipes can extract it to a tank, then glass bottles can be filled for crafting (again changing recipes as needed with CustomRecipes).

The rolling machine is harder, as we can't make custom rolling recipes at present. The ideal solution would be for some talented person to make a cross-over add-on for RailCraft to address this, but until that time we can make "machine shops" decorated with rolling machine blocks and staffed by Shopkeepers. These NPCs will trade in steel/wrought iron/copper for the normal rolling machine outputs of rails, metal posts, etc. which we can then use in recipes. This is one thing that will tie folks back into the spawn city actually. Eventually as a town gets advanced enough, we could build another machine shop there so they can also produce rolling machines items.

the best approach with mod crafting mechanis would be http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1290366-1-6-4-1-7-x-minetweaker-3-customize-your in combination with http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2093121-1-7-x-modtweaker-0-5d-minetweaker-addon (the second bring integration with I think all Railcraft crafting mechanism)

Sadly this won't work for 1.6.4, Railcraft Support in Modtweaker appears in a later version.

For the Coke oven:

To make things simple, the best would be to use the TFC Firebrick.

With Minetweaker could make an ore dictionary entry for firebricks, but I not sure if the coke oven thing checks for ore dictionary since it's no real crafting mechanism

Taking the creosote out with normal glas bottle wouldn't work with TFC?

abdyman has been looking into several options. He's actually investigating one now that is a plug-in that will actually allow us to modify the rolling machine, etc. as well. He's the man to talk to on all the recipe switching I must say.

And, I'm about to open up the server for folks. Just keep in mind it's still a bit of testing until we settle down on the Rail/Train approach. I'll post the IP in the opening post shortly.

Server is up and accepting players. I see one player attempting log-in now. If you run into errors, obviously report those here so we can work out any issues. I've tested with a few accounts, but of course they are all running using my client set up.

ShopKeepers is not working as I'd like, so we're switched over to Trade Booths and Custom NPCs. We were already considering the latter as it allows for some greater dialogue text to players during interaction.

Hi all. I was checking out the MC Jobs plug-in, but it looks like it got unstable and crashed. It's been pulled for now.

You should really set up TeamSpeak/other voice communicator server/website chatroom where you are online during reboots so testers know whats going on in realtime insteaf of post-event feed on forum.

the best approach with mod crafting mechanis would be http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1290366-1-6-4-1-7-x-minetweaker-3-customize-your in combination with http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2093121-1-7-x-modtweaker-0-5d-minetweaker-addon (the second bring integration with I think all Railcraft crafting mechanism)

Sadly this won't work for 1.6.4, Railcraft Support in Modtweaker appears in a later version.

For the Coke oven:

To make things simple, the best would be to use the TFC Firebrick.

With Minetweaker could make an ore dictionary entry for firebricks, but I not sure if the coke oven thing checks for ore dictionary since it's no real crafting mechanism

Taking the creosote out with normal glas bottle wouldn't work with TFC?

Coke oven can already be made, and yes you can use the bottle to get the creosote. Yes i did use firebricks instead when i created it

Thanks to Joriom for testing so far--found that the Towny config changes we had in place got reset, so those are now fixed. I think it's set now to auto-add folks into the town of New Melinia, so if new folks get on please let me know if that's not working. I've got a good start on getting the trade booths set up so players can trade in resources for coins (set to emeralds now by default, tweaking that later today), which we'll then be able to trade in for cash to start/expand towns. My intention is to trade for most valuable/useable things in this fashion. We can also set up direct trades for items/blocks that won't be craftable. I'm open to feedback on what those should be. For instance, right now you can trade in ingots for rails in the spawn machine shop. We can also make it so players can craft rails directly. The former makes up for the RailCraft need of a rolling machine (still working to get that functional), so it's more "realistic" than players just taking 6 ingots and squeezing out some rails. But it means folks have to plan and come back to spawn for rails (could be a good thing, to encourage co-op). Thoughts on this test case? We'd have similar questions for various parts, all the way up to the trains.

For the coke oven, I was only noting that the bucket function itself wouldn't work since we don't have Vanilla buckets. Everything else seems good to go so far on the test unit I've got built at spawn.

I also added version info in the top post to help folks in setting up the mods on the client.

Alrighty testers, abdyman has been doing a lot of work on the custom recipes, and we're shifting to MineTweaker (MineTweaker3-1.6.4-3.0.6.jar) and ModTweaker (ModTweaker-1.7.X-0.5.jar) to accommodate his work. It's a shuffle on mods, but we can now fully use the rolling machine to craft using TFC materials. 

We're also discussing a possible approach for how spawn will advance with player help, and how that will tie into player towns. The overall thought is to have certain sites (listed below) that once built will allow players to buy things at spawn. Once players start a town and build one of these at the town, spawn upgrades to the next level (so better trains, boats, etc.). I'll elaborate more later, but wanted to get the general concept out for folks to consider. This will, we hope, give players reasons to work together on projects and towns. The other part of this plan consists of switching towns to a "charter" so once a player earns a charter he can go out and start a town (vs. just raising enough money). We're looking to increase the number of plots per resident to allow for larger, more developed towns. Current thought is 16 chunks per resident. As always, open to folks' thoughts on this.

• Workshop (needed to construct and sell BC machines, Rolling Machine, etc.)
  • Marketplace (needed for trading goods; gain ability to craft Trade Booths)
  • Train Depot (needed to construct and sell trains; gain access to Assembly Table and train parts in 3 tiers)
  • Shipyard (needed to construct and sell ships; gain access to Small Boats in 3 tiers)
  • Air Dock (needed to construct and sell aircraft; gain ability to craft aircraft)

Alrighty, the preliminary system for advancing spawn and earning a town charter are set up. You can bring back basic resources for coins (Bronze and Iron, from Custom NPCs) in varying amounts. How much Spawn will pay will vary by supply for these.

You can also build out town plots for far more. There's even a "Special Projects" category so you can propose what you want to build and we'll set a price.

You can also bring back animals, with a screenshot posted here for credit. Anybody that can bring back a bear, gets half way to charter rights. Build him a suitable pen and you've got yourself a town...

There's nothing to buy at spawn at present--we'll need someone to build a Marketplace first, and then we'll actually only sell the goods/resources brought back into town. You will find some fishing rods down by the pier--no need to go starving right off the bat! We'll have a restaurant, once someone builds it...and someone else brings in crops for recipes...spawn needs you!

When trying to load up this modpack to check out your server, I get a crash. It seems like it's crashing at ModTweaker. Is it because the version you posted is looking for MC 1.7.X rather than 1.6.4?

Here's a pastebin of the crash report:

http://pastebin.com/WzTfxs9g

Thanks Sash HQ! I look forward to seeing you on the server!

jHampster, that's definitely the version of ModTweaker we're running with. Have you tried deleting your Config folder and restarting? If this was a pre-existing build of TFC there may be some ID conflict causing the problem. I know we had several connected last night without any error. 

Is anyone else having this issue? I'll see if I can replicate it here with a fresh install on another computer.

I didn't even bother installing: 

As it has 1.7.x in its name. Works fine for me without it, lol.

So, not the bug reports:

• since beggining I've had hind of a strange bug. I'm not sure if its client or server side.
    First I noticed it by not being able to tile SOME grass blocks into farmland (around 10-20% of them, randomly distributed). Next time I tried to tile them (after next login few hours later) most of them worked fine - still not every one.
    Than after digging a charcoal pit i could not use firestarter in one specific place nor put log pile there - not like action & revert but rather like no action at all. It would not even try doing stuff in that place. I managed to "fix" that spot by placing dirt there and digging it again. Same thing happended to me in few more spots. Some were oryginaly air blocks so I don't think thats something related to breaking blocks not registering.
  • Whenever server has 0 players on and I try to enter after longer absence it does not allow me to connect with message: "Server just starting. Try again later." or something like that. Second time I try i get "End of stream" or it connects me (seems to be random).
  • Crops seem not to grow as they should have or client time desyncs. I've planted mine late spring/early summer and some were already there (other player planted them before). Now my client tells me its early winter and they're still in 1st/2nd stage of growth. I'm not sure how TFC keeps track of plants progress (chink loading? last update metadata?) but it seems they grow waaay to slow, only when player is around or I have the time wrong. Also they don't pop up from the ground even though its winter. At least thats what my client tells me. It also seems to be way to hot for winter so... Other explanation would be time goes slower on the server and my client got desync. I've seen that before on other server for a player who changed his year lenght for singleplayer world. Do I need to adjust some values? Like year lenght in my config files?
  • Some zombies (probably other mobs) seem to go crazy and walk half way underground and can hit me from more blocks away then they're supposed to. I would love to put the blame on 450-650 ms ping I got on your server (Europe->States) but I'm often playing other servers with pings between 300 & 700 and I don't observer such behaviour.

I have noticed the block strangeness and at present think it must be related to either TrainCraft or RailCraft world gen trying to interact with TFC. I haven't as yet tracked down a specific fix.

For ModTweaker, it should indeed run fine without it, but you won't have access to all of the custom recipes that abdyman is working on (we switched to MineTweaker with the ModTweaker add-on since it supports altering machine recipes). I know both the server and several clients are working with the current ModTweaker, despite the 1.7.X label. abdyman, can you confirm if there's a reason we're using that one vs. ModTweaker-1.6.4-0..3.jar?

That final message is just the server waking up when not active. Rather than doing the "server reset every X hours/minutes" this one goes into a sleep mode. Once it's fully active, connections should be fine. The "End of Stream" is when the client is trying to connect while the server is still coming back up.

For the crop growth, I did indeed change the Year Length in the Config and forgot to note that. The Client config for TFCOptions should be changed so the year length is 288 days.

I'm not sure on the mob issue; haven't seen that one yet but I'm in Creative a lot getting things set up. Can any other players confirm?

When trying to load up this modpack to check out your server, I get a crash. It seems like it's crashing at ModTweaker. Is it because the version you posted is looking for MC 1.7.X rather than 1.6.4?

Here's a pastebin of the crash report:

http://pastebin.com/WzTfxs9g

Make sure you are using Modtweaker version o.5 and not 0.5d which is linked on their main forum.

You can grab it from their older downloads section here:

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/220954-modtweaker/files#t5:changelog

I didn't even bother installing: 

As it has 1.7.x in its name. Works fine for me without it, lol.

So, not the bug reports:

• since beggining I've had hind of a strange bug. I'm not sure if its client or server side.

First I noticed it by not being able to tile SOME grass blocks into farmland (around 10-20% of them, randomly distributed). Next time I tried to tile them (after next login few hours later) most of them worked fine - still not every one.

Than after digging a charcoal pit i could not use firestarter in one specific place nor put log pile there - not like action & revert but rather like no action at all. It would not even try doing stuff in that place. I managed to "fix" that spot by placing dirt there and digging it again. Same thing happended to me in few more spots. Some were oryginaly air blocks so I don't think thats something related to breaking blocks not registering.

• Whenever server has 0 players on and I try to enter after longer absence it does not allow me to connect with message: "Server just starting. Try again later." or something like that. Second time I try i get "End of stream" or it connects me (seems to be random).
  • Crops seem not to grow as they should have or client time desyncs. I've planted mine late spring/early summer and some were already there (other player planted them before). Now my client tells me its early winter and they're still in 1st/2nd stage of growth. I'm not sure how TFC keeps track of plants progress (chink loading? last update metadata?) but it seems they grow waaay to slow, only when player is around or I have the time wrong. Also they don't pop up from the ground even though its winter. At least thats what my client tells me. It also seems to be way to hot for winter so... Other explanation would be time goes slower on the server and my client got desync. I've seen that before on other server for a player who changed his year lenght for singleplayer world. Do I need to adjust some values? Like year lenght in my config files?
  • Some zombies (probably other mobs) seem to go crazy and walk half way underground and can hit me from more blocks away then they're supposed to. I would love to put the blame on 450-650 ms ping I got on your server (Europe->States) but I'm often playing other servers with pings between 300 & 700 and I don't observer such behaviour.

You will be able to connect to the server without modtweaker but the machine recipes will not work, look at the link i provided and make sure you get 0.5

In regards to the farming, with the year length extended to 288 it can take anywhere from 2-4 years in your firct cycle since farmland start with 0 resources. Also make sure to rotate your crops for future growth. As for the other points, it seems like it might have been server lag but will try and see if the other mods have anything to do with it.

I modified the top post to reference the older version of ModTweaker. I'm betting the 1.7.X label still throws folks off, but if it's working I'm good with it!

The weird block issue (not being able to till some to farmland for instance) is a definite bug that I can reproduce. My guess at it being a world gen issue is just because that's the only thing I can think of. I'll dig through the RailCraft and TrainCraft configs to see if turning of some world gen functions helps.

Chunk regen in progress. If you log on and are missing something, let me know...

I removed ModTweaker as Joriom said and that got it to work. Also for Smart Moving, I was not able to use Smart Moving Universal, but rather had to download Smart Moving 14.6.1. After those changes I can connect, though. :)