Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inverse

All TFC-unique items disappeared

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Been playing my mod world for a week or so now, and when I logged in today I noticed that all TFC-specific items in my world had disappeared. Boards I had placed were gone, molds and vessels I had on blocks had disappeared, and sticks/stones on the ground were no longer appearing. When I checked closer I noticed that my forge and fire pit were still visible and clickable, as was my straw bed. My copper and bismuth bronze anvils were clickable as well, but the models were invisible. I logged out, restarted Minecraft, and tried logging back in. When I returned, the anvils had completely disappeared and were no longer clickable. I did some more investigating and found that my quern was still placed and clickable, but the grindstone was gone; a barrel was still placed and clickable, but the water that was inside it was gone; my log piles were still placed and clickable, but when I clicked them they were empty, and once I closed the pile's inventory screen they would disappear. I also noticed that the boards I had used to make windows with were completely gone; I could walk through my windows, which I wouldn't have been able to do if they were just invisible. Also, every TFC-unique block and item in my chests were gone. The only stuff I had were ladders, sticks, and I believe charcoal.

Am I correct to assume that this is simple world corruption? Unfortunately I didn't make backups of my world, so I have no way of reverting to a previous working state. I did try creating a new world, however, and everything was working correctly. I could pick up sticks and rocks off the ground, and those items would persist in my inventory after a relog. Another interesting thing to note is, in my corrupted world, if I travelled far enough to generate new terrain, I could harvest vegetables for instance and get the seeds perfectly fine. It's almost like all of the TFC-related content in my known area was deleted for some reason.

I will definitely be backing up my world regularly in the future, but for now, do I have any options besides starting over?

This sounds like you(or someone else) opened your world in vanilla Minecraft,which caused all TFC items to be deleted.

Only solution is to delete your world or to go into creative and cheat everything back in.

if you load your tfc world with vanilla all tfc stuff nearby your position is deleted

Edit: lol didn't see your post

Thanks guys. I was playing on a vanilla server with a friend the other night and something glitched when I logged in and loaded me in an empty world with a few items, which now that I think about it were the items that I happened to still have in my inventory when I loaded up my TFC world afterwards. Logging out and logging back in fixed it, but it was weird. Guess something wonky happened and it loaded that world instead of the server's somehow. I'll start doing daily backups in case something like that happens again.

Thanks for the help!

You definitely should.

Just a few days ago the same thing happened to me but I was even less fortunate, essentially every single tfc block within sight permanently disappeared. I had to re create the world and cheat all my stuff back in, kinda broke the cycle.

Items disappeared only in chunks that was loaded. You can manually delete loaded chunks and reenter in the world.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0