Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Soccerdude10

Favorite Rock Types

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I am interested to know everyone's favorite rock types for looks, for ore spawning, and for how common/least common you find the rock type. 

Mine for looks is Granite, for ore spawning is, again, Granite, and for most common/least common is Dacite (most common in my case). My favorite rock type overall, I would have to say, is Rock Salt.

Granite that has been smoothed by the chisel in my opinion looks AMAZING for kitchen counters in your house. It would work nicely for a floor too. 

Cheers,

Soccerdude10 :D

Edit: I had forgot to say that I very much like Basalt as well in terms of looks.

Basalt is pretty sweet in my opinion.

I'm also a fan of basalt.

I also use granite, limestone and rock salt quite a lot too.

The ones I dislike (for building) are ones with 'busy' textures.

I really like both Schist and Conglomerate. Sometimes I use them together to build the bloomery an it looks quite nice if you manage to mix correctly the 2 rock types, otherwise it just becomes a multicolour structure.

dolomite due to its a flux and its pretty rare the only rarer rock is rock salt i have only used smooth dolomite for my house

i dont really have a favourite.... the ones i use ain buildings are mostly just what is available. there are a few exceptions such as basalt which is just to dark to do more than a little bit of trim and chert which i cant get to mix well with any other rock or wood for that matter.

the one i encounter the most is either basalt or marble though i may just notice basalt more on account of how dark it is and its related dirt. my least common is rock salt which i have never been fortunate enough to find in over 6 single player worlds and 3 servers

as for my favorite for ores it would have to be gabro just because it spawns cassiterite, garnierite and gold (not sure why but i really like tin and bronze.....)

Diorite, it has this very nice tone of grey, and it gives nice ores. It combines with everything, specially birch wood.

For construction, I'm partial to the lighter and mid-darker tones, like rhyolite, limestone, andesite, dacite, and diorite

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0