Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
bruuff

Gathering people for build 79 server

152 posts in this topic

Sounds good, but you will have to set a server limit of private skulls (maybe 4-7) so we don't get one guy running around and claiming half the island, besides most of the builds in a game like this should be community builds. Also because we are mining around and stuff the claim should not go very deep maybe 15ish blocks making it prohibitively difficult to cave in someone's house while still allowing free mining.

Also the skulls should delete on placement if possible. So we don't have that one guy who built his house out of skulls.

The way i came up with and realising right now is the following:

Every skull marks the plot on its own height and 15 block upwards (for now). Everyone can mine under there, of course.

A player can only place his private skull, when there is exactly one skull of one of his towns (currently even multiple towns are possible, technically) In reach (15 blocks) below or on the same level it in the same plot. He cant place any further skulls on that level.

If two skulls of a town are on the exact same height, the plot is not for sale. You cant place more than these to skulls on that level, it wont let you.

If you want to protect more than 16 blocks vertically, you have to place another skull.

So in the worst case, someone could build one pillar out of skulls, but who wants to build something ugly will always find a way.

By the way: every town has 3 ranks. Mayor can do everything, assistants can invite, claim and build in the common town area, and citizens can claim plots.

Of course claiming land will cost money. We can use any algebraic function for that (like exponentialy bigger cost the bigger the city). If we notice people can claim to much, we'll just adjust this.

Lets hope i can get this bug free until its needed.

I've been talking about this server to a number of TFC acquaintances from another server I played on and they seem interested, though most will have little time because of jobs or school; at least initially. I'm talking 11 people if everybody wants to join, I've got three interested right now. 

That would be so awesome!

I love this idea. I have even thought of making a server to be part of a system like this, especially with, and terrafirmacraft adds so much to the game. The server that gazuleta and i were in is shutting down due to lack of player activity and the cost on the owner, and that was the main (if not only) server i played on, and I am looking for another server that could be as fulfilling as that one. I advise that you have a good whitelist, though or none at all because said server got many new players that quickly left, leading to the death of Crococraft. I would help this project in any way I can, even if that is just playing on the server.

You said "the server is an experiment". If you want this to go well, you should realize that people act very differently in Minecraft than in real life.There are tons of slackers and PvPers you might want to add a system (not too harsh) that would weed out those people who don't want to do the sometimes tedious tasks of TFC and just want to get resources and food from other people. What I'm trying to exemplify is not trading, but bumming off others and possibly hardly being on the server but claiming a spot in a  nation. This is just a thought i had when reading over your conversations, and Gaz, people will naturally pick jobs. Everyone is better or worse at one thing, and to get recognition for being more skilled in a  certain domain, will take up a job or title.

Maybe add CustomNPCs

Respectfully, I think that the skull idea isn't a good one, for the reason that the server should be more realistic. I have some alternatives for you to think about. 1) You could make a punishment system, maybe where if a crime is committed in one nation, those laws apply to the offender, and they could range from perm. debuffs and death to needing to make a resource quota or can't leave as if he/she were enslaved. The second is 2) Make the protection system skill based, and could be thought of as magic. For example, you might have to do certain things to get to a level where you can claim a block, then keep using it and getting higher levels. The problem with this, though is possible rapid ranking up if one found a way to spam or farm the system.

Maybe add CustomNPCs

I think chestshops do a good job, i dont see why we would need NPCs.

Respectfully, I think that the skull idea isn't a good one, for the reason that the server should be more realistic. I have some alternatives for you to think about. 1) You could make a punishment system, maybe where if a crime is committed in one nation, those laws apply to the offender, and they could range from perm. debuffs and death to needing to make a resource quota or can't leave as if he/she were enslaved. The second is 2) Make the protection system skill based, and could be thought of as magic. For example, you might have to do certain things to get to a level where you can claim a block, then keep using it and getting higher levels. The problem with this, though is possible rapid ranking up if one found a way to spam or farm the system.

Punishment doesn't work in minecraft, if you piss a player of, he just goes to another server the next day.

We need a sophisticated protection system. Thats just the way it's gonna work, deal with it. The only question is, how it is going to work exactly.

If i get my skull protection system running in tfc (can only code against vanilla right now but should be fine), it is the best solution there is, even if you have to hide a skull in the ground ever so often.

They only protect upwards, so if you want your floor to be protected as well, it has to go below that. That means, in normal situations, you dont see the skulls at all.

Every private skull costs tax so you wont see many of them just laying around. And town skulls can have the skin of piece of wood or sth.

All in all nothing that breaks with realism. People in the stone age even had build statures and such.

Love this idea, 

I also have heard this mod pack is great: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-6-4-technofirma-terrafirmacraft-modpack.49502/

Maybe add some of the same mods, or make a custom pack just for the server and have people download it from there.

Can you imagine a tornado ripping through a City, then the economy of the other cities grow in order to help them rebuild....=)

All is possible with that pack.

Also what about a crew of Electricians that run wire throught your town when your out of the stone age and can afford it.again that pack allows this

IGN: Crhymez

Would love to try this out. This is a bold idea that if pulled off can be great. I have some ideas on how to make each civilization differant. Thing like making the cities far apart so the are in differant seasons, This ways when one town can grow crops, others can

Well for one i am happy that the teleporting is turned off since it is heavy to servers when 20 people  does it all the time.

Making own "deed" plugin is also good cos what iäve heard towny is not the best for performance either.

NPC's would add just more immersion of towns people. Nothing bad on that i suppose.

Not ruining all the fun of pvp and survival i think wild lands are wild and should be that way.

Dunno about how protected our settlements should be and how and if there should be raiding possibilities.

Minecraft lacks nice conquer tools that benefits both sides still being fun.

Like even if casual player you can be raided only if online and some ratio how many can enter to raid the lands.

Love this idea, 

I also have heard this mod pack is great: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-6-4-technofirma-terrafirmacraft-modpack.49502/

Maybe add some of the same mods, or make a custom pack just for the server and have people download it from there.

Can you imagine a tornado ripping through a City, then the economy of the other cities grow in order to help them rebuild....=)

All is possible with that pack.

Also what about a crew of Electricians that run wire throught your town when your out of the stone age and can afford it.again that pack allows this

IGN: Crhymez

Would love to try this out. This is a bold idea that if pulled off can be great. I have some ideas on how to make each civilization differant. Thing like making the cities far apart so the are in differant seasons, This ways when one town can grow crops, others can

I dont now about electric age, i think it doesn't fit the historical theme of tfc too well. I'll look through the modpack though.

Well for one i am happy that the teleporting is turned off since it is heavy to servers when 20 people  does it all the time.

Making own "deed" plugin is also good cos what iäve heard towny is not the best for performance either.

NPC's would add just more immersion of towns people. Nothing bad on that i suppose.

Not ruining all the fun of pvp and survival i think wild lands are wild and should be that way.

Dunno about how protected our settlements should be and how and if there should be raiding possibilities.

Minecraft lacks nice conquer tools that benefits both sides still being fun.

Like even if casual player you can be raided only if online and some ratio how many can enter to raid the lands.

I am not a fan of teleporting either. Most times, all the other ones want to teleport and there are not roads and so you teleport as well... but maybe this time its different :)

Well i don't know how much lag the skullsprotect will cost either. For me its absolutely fine, but i can't test it on a bigger scale yet. Let's hope for the best.

I havent worked with NPC's yet. If there are realistic, not abusable, basicly a chestshop with a human skin, im fine with it. But i dont want it tool feel like an mmorpg where you can ask them for quests and such. People can talk to each other when they want work, not with npcs.

For now, i think private plots and citys should be safe. Raiding only in the wilderness for now.

Its always a problem to have a good siege. You shouldn't be able to raid a town where no one is online. But if this town notices it gets raided, it could just log off...

Lets postpone that, its not essential, especially in the copper/bronze age.

I dont now about electric age, i think it doesn't fit the historical theme of tfc too well. I'll look through the modpack though.

I am not a fan of teleporting either. Most times, all the other ones want to teleport and there are not roads and so you teleport as well... but maybe this time its different :)

Well i don't know how much lag the skullsprotect will cost either. For me its absolutely fine, but i can't test it on a bigger scale yet. Let's hope for the best.

I havent worked with NPC's yet. If there are realistic, not abusable, basicly a chestshop with a human skin, im fine with it. But i dont want it tool feel like an mmorpg where you can ask them for quests and such. People can talk to each other when they want work, not with npcs.

For now, i think private plots and citys should be safe. Raiding only in the wilderness for now.

Its always a problem to have a good siege. You shouldn't be able to raid a town where no one is online. But if this town notices it gets raided, it could just log off...

Lets postpone that, its not essential, especially in the copper/bronze age.

The Electrical Age fits nicely in that pack, But that pack has been configured nicely using mine tweaker to balance it all out

The Electrical Age fits nicely in that pack, But that pack has been configured nicely using mine tweaker to balance it all out

Well i can't find a download or anything that would show me how this all is balanced and configured. Also its just a week old, so i don't quite trust it for now.

There is stuff like Transportation_Machine or Auto_Miner in this mod pack, thats a perfect example of what i dont want, what nobody should want if they are enjoying terrafirmacraft.

This mod is all about industry and automation, and tfc is about doing things by hand.

All the other mods look fine. I have to think again about weather 2, but just because of the amount of lag this might add.

Just add things slowly so we don't end up Lag fest server for the very start.

Many of the mods just add very little that should not make a difference at all. But i'll wait with weather 2, because of the chance of lag, as you just mentioned.

NPC ar good...is like and rpg game with npc shops quest and etc ;)

we need an arena system...we will have players that want to battle so u can make with pugins and arena system....mob arena or something with leves/waves etc...

NPC ar good...is like and rpg game with npc shops quest and etc ;)

we need an arena system...we will have players that want to battle so u can make with pugins and arena system....mob arena or something with leves/waves etc...

no quests, and no npcs, at least at first. If everything runs smoothly, we can have a discussion about npc shopkeepers, although i think chest shops a perfectly fine for that matter. We don't need npc quests. If you want something to do, talk to people.

As for the arena: If people want to build an arena in their town, they are free to do so. But i there is no admin hosted spawn town, so there can't be an admin hostet arena. If you want scripted waves of zombies spawned in, go on a server that offers that. We cant make everyone happy or there is no end to it until the server just crashes under all the mods.

I'd also like to take part. Please hit me up with a PM when this gets going!

I improved the front page! What do you think?

He're is the original, in case we ever need it again:

Terrafirmacraft with economy and town competition!

Posted Image

The problem on most servers is that once everything is established, people can and will produce far more stuff than they need. Even in terrafirmacraft. I think that is good, but a working economy needs demand, we all now servers with shop towns but not a single customer.

My idea is to introduce a different setting:

The server plays in the new world / caribbean and towns can send colonial goods back to earn points to compete with each other.

The mayors or whatever would have to buy the stuff themselves, hopefully even in different towns. I would search for a good seed in the right climate to have a nice setting available.

3-4 factions/countrys/whatever (i personally dont need historic accuracy at all) would fight for fame and glory either by sending colonial goods or sometimes pvp.

In addition to plain terrafirmacraft i'd like to add:

• ExtraFirma Addon
  • Archimedes ship mod

from the management side we would need

• economy
  • chest shop support
  • grieving protection (i am coding my own perfect little plot protection plugin at the moment).

If you would like to participate in this project once it launches (thus giving it the kick start it needs - no one wants to join an boring server with no people), just leave a post or contact me any other way you like. I will then come back to you later.

very good man.i like it ;) 

btw u want pvp between towns?

very good man.i like it ;)

btw u want pvp between towns?

Each town and player (player overrides town), can toggle pvp, firespread, explosions and mobspawn how they like it.

When nations/towns are having a war, noone will wont stop them from meeting in the wilds and settling this the traditional way. I don't mind the peaceful ways either, though.

If two towns want a pvp safe road between them, the can claim each half the length as town plots, and then the pvp protection will work on the road as well. In the open wilderness, you wont get banned if you raid somebody, but watch your step from there on out, because this works both ways ;D

The general way of admin interference should be:

Everything that you can physically do, wont get you banned (With exeptions of course)

If we dont want people to do a certain thing, we'll add a plugin that handles this stuff.

The update should be out soon. Are the server and all the plugins ready? I can't wait!

Looks like a good Concept. I would like to see this Happen.  :D

The update should be out soon. Are the server and all the plugins ready? I can't wait!

I am still meddling with the griefing protection / nation+town plugin. It seems ready, im just searching for bugs from now on. I might adjust some code when i run in on tfc the first time, but i think i can do it.

The rest should work fine, as far as i can tell. Lets wait until i can finally put it all together.