Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
bruuff

Gathering people for build 79 server

152 posts in this topic

I'm definetely in for this. The first time I played TFC I figured something like this. Will you allow warring? Then it would almost be like it was in real life.

I'm definetely in for this. The first time I played TFC I figured something like this. Will you allow warring? Then it would almost be like it was in real life.

I haven't figured out yet, if and how we can make town vs town sieges and raids possible, because of the grieving prevention. But just meeting in the woods and crushing each others heads will be possible fur sure.

Mabye we will have events were i make a backup of the world, we have war, pillages and destruction for a few houres and then rollback (or better have it on the copy-map to begin with). And the winning team earns some honor, something like that. But participation will always be voluntary.

I haven't figured out yet, if and how we can make town vs town sieges and raids possible, because of the grieving prevention. But just meeting in the woods and crushing each others heads will be possible fur sure.

Mabye we will have events were i make a backup of the world, we have war, pillages and destruction for a few houres and then rollback (or better have it on the copy-map to begin with). And the winning team earns some honor, something like that. But participation will always be voluntary.

This sounds amazing... 

Alright guys now i can finally put the parts together. Let's hope everything works out as intended. It's pretty late now in germany, expect a statement tomorrow!

yeseyes

YES! finally. So you sending PM's to us or how we get this going?

Hope I'm not late to the party, I'd love playing with you guys. Single player does get old after a while ;)

I would love to join this! if i'm not to late of course.

What are you guys talking about? Why should it ever be to late to join the server?

Anyway, here is how its going to be:

Sometime tomorrow a test server will go online, were i will dance around for a little trying out stuff that could later go bad. Naturally, some situations need several people to test, so if you want to hop on, feel free to do so. I will post the ip once this goes online.

If everything goes smooth, official start will be the day after that, and then everyone who has expressed interest will get a PM, so no one will miss it.

-bruuff

I would love to attend the testing, but of course that depends on what time it will be done.

I live in Europe.

Sign me up, can even record a Lets Play for one of the nations perspectives

I would like to join.

I was looking forward to playing on a new map with build 79.

Playing  cooperatively and competitively on a server is much more fun and I like many of the ideas you wrote about.

If you need any help testing or setting up the server, you may let me know also.

When the server first starts, which mods need to be installed on the client side?

Ok a test server is now up at

84.200.206.170:27800

If you spawn in water, just do /kill once.

Its just a small platform were we can test my griefing protection system, nothing more.

don't expect me to be online all the time, but i'll afk there for a while now.

By the way am i a litte frustrated with mapping tools and tfc. If you'd guess just taking a overview over a modded map isn't hard, you'd guess wrong. Getting the map ready will take longer as expected. Its ready when it's ready. I will try my best, but pre-generating a few thousand blocks radius takes a few houres.

Carpenter Blocks give me a hard time as well. I want to change the crafting recipe to tfc items, but it seems i will have to code my own litte forge mod for that to work, as TFC is not very well supported by craftig-recipe-plugins. If you have one in mind, let me know. But we will find a solution and can always add them later on.

Archimedes ship mod will proof difficult with griefing prevention. I already have a nice alternative in mind, the Small Ships Mod. might take a few weeks till its working for 1.7, but we will get along the first weeks without ships. I will add them once the mod is ready.

-bruuff

you might try journey map, I haven't had any issues if all you are wanting is a big overhead picture.

you might try journey map, I haven't had any issues if all you are wanting is a big overhead picture.

Isn't JourneyMap a client mod? I tried it and it renders only what is near around you (=what is sent to the client)

it is, but if you go to all the area you want a picture of you can open up the browser window that is has and screenshot that

Sounds like a pretty cool plan! :)

I would like to check this server out :D

Ok a test server is now up at

84.200.206.170:27800

If you spawn in water, just do /kill once.

Its just a small platform were we can test my griefing protection system, nothing more.

don't expect me to be online all the time, but i'll afk there for a while now.

By the way am i a litte frustrated with mapping tools and tfc. If you'd guess just taking a overview over a modded map isn't hard, you'd guess wrong. Getting the map ready will take longer as expected. Its ready when it's ready. I will try my best, but pre-generating a few thousand blocks radius takes a few houres.

Carpenter Blocks give me a hard time as well. I want to change the crafting recipe to tfc items, but it seems i will have to code my own litte forge mod for that to work, as TFC is not very well supported by craftig-recipe-plugins. If you have one in mind, let me know. But we will find a solution and can always add them later on.

Archimedes ship mod will proof difficult with griefing prevention. I already have a nice alternative in mind, the Small Ships Mod. might take a few weeks till its working for 1.7, but we will get along the first weeks without ships. I will add them once the mod is ready.

-bruuff

take your time man ;)

Sign me up for this!

Um, but I note that it says along with TFC and Archimedes ships, ExtraFirmaCraft, and Extrafirma is not up-to-date just yet. How will that work?

Anyways, looking forward to playing on the server!

Edit: Um, I was thinking, and I think smart moving would be a nice mod to have on this server. Thoughts?

Isn't JourneyMap a client mod? I tried it and it renders only what is near around you (=what is sent to the client)

there is a map that renders everywhere you've been

Sign me up for this!

Um, but I note that it says along with TFC and Archimedes ships, ExtraFirmaCraft, and Extrafirma is not up-to-date just yet. How will that work?

Anyways, looking forward to playing on the server!

Edit: Um, I was thinking, and I think smart moving would be a nice mod to have on this server. Thoughts?

We can add mods later, if they are not out yet. We will start with the core mods. Its easier when we have a existing community instead of just promising words.

there is a map that renders everywhere you've been

I found a way. (the delphi version of unmined)

and because of that... HERE IS THE MAP (yaaaay...)

Posted Image

You can see the future nations from which you can choose, the spawn in the middle and the scale of the map.