Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sim...

Terrafirmacraft - Done From Downunder : Ep 15 Hic!

9 posts in this topic

G'day folks. I've been browsing the forums for a while now for tips and info. Started playing over a year ago and then took a break. The first TFC series I watched was Spumwack and Crysyn, recently I started watching Pakratt and it rekindled my interest. Anyway I started playing again and this time I decided to record myself.I'm a few epsides in now, it all started here:

The first few episodes are me re-aquainting myself with the mod and travelling south to warmer climes. Things don't really settle down until episode 4:

It's been a while, so any tips or feedback will be appreciated and I'll try to update this thread as new eps get published. The latest is Episode 7 today.

Not many people appreciate it, but if you get into +Z coordinate areas, you're in the southern hemisphere and the seasons are reversed from the default northern-hemisphere spawn, so you have summer in january :P

Thanks yeah. Being an Aussie it's unnatural for Summer to be in July. :) I started at about -14000 if I remember correctly and headed south until I got to about -8000 which was little more to my liking. Sometime after I get properly settled and developed I'm seriously thinking about making a long trek to the southern hemisphere.

Continued work at the farm before we take a crack at a Tree Farm for Douglas Fir.

TerraFirmaCraft | Done from Downunder - 008

Time to do some serious prospecting for ore but first a few chores down at the farm.

TerraFirmaCraft | Done from Downunder - 009

The tree farm has come along nicely and but even more important it's time to mine for real. Only taken 10 episodes. :D

TerraFirmaCraft | Done from Downunder - 10 Tree Farm and Mine 

I really want to get some serious work done on the house so we are gonna have to find some Sequoia logs for the frame. Time to go walkabout.

TerraFirmaCraft | Done from Downunder #12 - Sequoia

Btw is anyone else having a issue with terrain generation (specifically sand)? You can see what I'm talking about at around 9:15 in the vid.

Time to start some work on some infrastructure and finish off the house.

TerraFirmaCraft #13 - Dance for Me Baby

TerraFirmaCraft #14 - Chores

Time to look at farming in more detail and play around with the barrels some more. Infrastructure in TFC can be very satisfying. Hic!

TerraFirmaCraft #15 - Yo Ho Ho