Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jammasterz

Meat amount from an animal

12 posts in this topic

Hello there.

It seems to me like there is something very wrong with the amount of meat you get from an animal.

For an entire YEAR(default length) i lived off of maybe 12 pheasants. And meat has been pretty much the main ingredient for all of my meals most of the time.

This means that if you kill a cow, you will get enough meat to last you a few years, and by few i mean like 5 or 6 if not more. This makes any type of animal farm useless, as  you can just venture out and kill 1 deer to last you for at least a year, and there is tons of deer everywhere.

I don't know about you but if i killed a cow in real life, i would last me a few months tops(but i would have to eat at least a kilogram every day). Or maybe a year. 

So my suggestion is to cut the meat drop rate by 4. I know it will be much less meat than it would be in reality, but it would make animal farms a little bit more useful. 

I think the problem is with the hunger bar's capacity. It's just less. Maybe 40 oz do? That means it's completely empty and you'll just die straight out.

One other thing that the developers have repetedly mentioned is that TFC is ballanced for multiplayer. Therefore, veins are bigger, things give more food, and so forth because this is designed for everything being distributed between several players, not just one.

in tfc a cow gives around 150-250 lbs of meat in realife a cow gives 400-700lbs of meat and in real life you can get sufficient caliories 2000 in two lbs of meat a day so a cow in real life will last u 200-350 days (prob longer cuz we can acually live on less than 2000caliories a day)

Did you turn off food decay?

Because even cooked meat in a 100% dark place, which slows decay down, can't last that long.

And eating only proteins will get your health down to about 1/5 of you're possible max anyway, so having a balanced diet is very important in TFC.

if you go through and trim the stored meat regularly, it certainly can last that long. the more rot is on a food item, the faster it rots, so trimming frequently is a must if you're trying to preserve your food. a 160oz item of any type will take quite a while to rot away completely if you don't let the rot get past around 0.4% before trimming.

I am pretty good at trimming the food, so it basically lasts forever.

I didn't really take into consideration that this mod is designed for multiplayer, that explains a lot. But it still seems too much. I understand that the drop amount may be configured for several people, but it still doesn't seem right when 6 people eat a cow for a year. Of course, animals like cows drop a ton of meat, but then you should also take into account that a year in the game is much shorter than in real life.

well i personally would like to see different types of butchery products from animals

Hello there.

It seems to me like there is something very wrong with the amount of meat you get from an animal.

For an entire YEAR(default length) i lived off of maybe 12 pheasants. And meat has been pretty much the main ingredient for all of my meals most of the time.

This means that if you kill a cow, you will get enough meat to last you a few years, and by few i mean like 5 or 6 if not more. This makes any type of animal farm useless, as  you can just venture out and kill 1 deer to last you for at least a year, and there is tons of deer everywhere.

I don't know about you but if i killed a cow in real life, i would last me a few months tops(but i would have to eat at least a kilogram every day). Or maybe a year. 

So my suggestion is to cut the meat drop rate by 4. I know it will be much less meat than it would be in reality, but it would make animal farms a little bit more useful. 

Completly agree. My meat deposit is located on a mountain where temperature is low enough to slow down decay so much that i still have meat from 2 years ago...Around my home there are plenty of sheeps and deer that i feel that i'm not "surviving" anymore. The same "survival" nonexistence as vanilla.

One other thing that the developers have repetedly mentioned is that TFC is ballanced for multiplayer. Therefore, veins are bigger, things give more food, and so forth because this is designed for everything being distributed between several players, not just one.

Bad balance then. Cooperative multiplayer makes all things more easy: one player go east another go west...double crops, double bushes, double meat. Just one trip means no trouble AT ALL in surviving.

The fact is that terrafirmacraft doesn't make survival really "survival". Is still a "Creative on hard" like vanilla, or maybe a "Creative on Very hard" just because monsters does more damage and player less.

Don't get me wrong, i like the mod and i'm enjoying it, but i feel that all those intentions about making minecraft a real "survival" experience are just intentions. The fact about developer that don't want to listen any suggestions about the UBER grind fest prospeting pick is tells a lot about what they want from the mod: a game that's a "more grind" experience instead of a survival one.

Prospecting is probably the most arguable game mechanics added by the mod, due to the bad implementation (you can place and prospect a block of thacth to help in locating surface ore...) and to the stone grind it force to do.

Hope that at least they will add more mechanics to make food more rare and hard to obtain, like disease and plague to animals and crops.

Completly agree. My meat deposit is located on a mountain where temperature is low enough to slow down decay so much that i still have meat from 2 years ago...Around my home there are plenty of sheeps and deer that i feel that i'm not "surviving" anymore. The same "survival" nonexistence as vanilla.

Bad balance then. Cooperative multiplayer makes all things more easy: one player go east another go west...double crops, double bushes, double meat. Just one trip means no trouble AT ALL in surviving.

The fact is that terrafirmacraft doesn't make survival really "survival". Is still a "Creative on hard" like vanilla, or maybe a "Creative on Very hard" just because monsters does more damage and player less.

Don't get me wrong, i like the mod and i'm enjoying it, but i feel that all those intentions about making minecraft a real "survival" experience are just intentions. The fact about developer that don't want to listen any suggestions about the UBER grind fest prospeting pick is tells a lot about what they want from the mod: a game that's a "more grind" experience instead of a survival one.

Prospecting is probably the most arguable game mechanics added by the mod, due to the bad implementation (you can place and prospect a block of thacth to help in locating surface ore...) and to the stone grind it force to do.

Hope that at least they will add more mechanics to make food more rare and hard to obtain, like disease and plague to animals and crops.

Basically, you "froze" the meat in a fridge, what do you think it's supposed to do then? Rot anyway? I have a piece of meat from three years ago sitting in my fridge IRL, it's doing fine, you know.

Disease won't happen, I'll tell you that much. Some predators probably will though, when those finally make it in.

By the way, telling that propick is grindy is something from another world for me. Do you not exploit those mechanics the same way you do with food decay, or what? Far as I'm concerned, you don't even need no stinkin' thatch to find surface ores, loose rocks alone are plenty'o'clue.

Basically, you "froze" the meat in a fridge, what do you think it's supposed to do then? Rot anyway? I have a piece of meat from three years ago sitting in my fridge IRL, it's doing fine, you know.

Disease won't happen, I'll tell you that much. Some predators probably will though, when those finally make it in.

By the way, telling that propick is grindy is something from another world for me. Do you not exploit those mechanics the same way you do with food decay, or what? Far as I'm concerned, you don't even need no stinkin' thatch to find surface ores, loose rocks alone are plenty'o'clue.

Obviously you haven't read the first post. I posted that animals drop too much meat, not that the decay is too slow.

i dont think its the meat drop but how common the animals are and the fact that the just sit there and wait to be killed they need to make hunting harder and add rabbits so that you can get leather without 100lbs of meat

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0