Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

66 posts in this topic

the command is setupDecompWorkspace

not setupDesktopWorkspace

Sorry, but with setupDesktopWorkspace

I become the same error :/

Decomp

If you keep using Desktop, obviously you are going to keep getting the same error.

You need to type in

gradlew setupDecompWorkspace

Or just copy that and paste it directly into your command line.

What version of java/jdk do you have installed?

Make sure that you don't have any older versions still installed.

If you still get the issue after that, try downgrading to the latest update of java 7.

Latest version is installed,

same error,

i also have the Mcp version in an other ordner,

there is it work with the normal forge...

Did you follow my steps about starting with an empty folder, and not using gradle files from anything other than the TFC repo? As in you shouldn't be installing forge or mcp from anything else you downloaded?

Can you tell me what version of Java an Eclipse you have?

I was working on setting up a dev environment and I get an error when I ran gradlew SetupDecompWorkspace, says there is an error with build.gradle on line 25. I'm using the newest version of the Java JDK, I got the TFC zip from github and extracted it like Kitty Showed, as well as following her instructions up until I got the error. I also watched part of MrCrayfish's first video on setting up a dev environment. However I kept in mind that TFC was different and instead of using forge to setup like he showed I used the TFC Zip, he's instructions and kitty's were very close. Did I do something wrong from his structions or is the current Github build broken or something. Please help, my notebook is piling up with things to do with this project. :P

EDIT: I just noticed, from the posts above I'm getting the same error as "TheKingofAWA"

That error only happens if you have java set up incorrectly. I would suggest that you use the latest, 64 bit update of Java 7, not java 8. Also make sure that you do not have any older versions of either java or jdk lingering about, as installing newer versions does not uninstall the old ones, and java gets very confused when there are multiple versions installed.

Ok, thanks for the help....however i got another problem  :wacko:. Eclipse doesn't like me either....meaning when I ran the eclipse startup an error occur this one telling me to have Java 8...so...is there a nice place in the middle maybe? I tried just have java 8 but not having it in my path, but eclipse also wants it in the path....so not so nice there either?!?! Any help will be most welcomed!  <_<

I think i got it fixed, I have java 8 installed on my computer...However I have java 7 set as my path and I have the java 7 jdk for the coding part...but I need java 8 to run minecraft and eclipse on my computer.

Also if I understand right, with the TFC thing set up in the environment its almost as if I just have the basic forge set up and I can go from here to make an addon mod?

I think i got it fixed, I have java 8 installed on my computer...However I have java 7 set as my path and I have the java 7 jdk for the coding part...but I need java 8 to run minecraft and eclipse on my computer.

Also if I understand right, with the TFC thing set up in the environment its almost as if I just have the basic forge set up and I can go from here to make an addon mod?

For the actual writing of your mod code, yes. But when it comes time to build and export your mod, it's going to be a bit tricky because you need to make sure that the TFC base code is not included in your mod.

ok, thanks for the help!  :D I'll look into others code to get a better idea, now just give it a few months and I might know what I'm doing  :P.

Thank you all so much for all your input into the setup for Eclipse. Following Kittychanley's tutorial I was able to get the github zip file and open it successfully it Github. For future reference, Java 6 gives you an "OutOfMemory" error when gradle is building the workspace. I successfully built with Java 7 and imported the project into Eclipse.

Upon running the project, using the Program and VM arguments by Emris_Morath, I encountered another error where Eclipse could not find my lwjgl natives. If anyone gets this exception, "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path", then you need to go to your project Properties and navigate to your "Java Build Path" options. From there select the "Library" tab and scroll down to find "lwjgl-#.#.#.jar". Open that and select "Native Library Location", then press the "Workspace" button and navigate to "TFCraft-master/build/natives". That solved my problem and I got TFC running in my dev environment.

I hope my experience helps somebody figure out how to make add-ons for TFC and I thank everyone in this post for helping me figure it out.

I've been trying to make my mod more TFC friendly (for the pack TechnoFirma) and I just seem to get a mess of errors when I try and setupDecompWorkspace, http://pastebin.com/EWYzCf6n

Having never used another mod api (I just started modding properly last week) I'm not to sure if I'm doing something wrong. The source was taken from the master branch on Github.

The crash report shows that it couldn't decompile properly. Is your original mod a forge mod, or were you making direct base edits (which is bad!) ? TFC is a forge mod, and therefore is only really compatible with other forge mods.

The crash report shows that it couldn't decompile properly. Is your original mod a forge mod, or were you making direct base edits (which is bad!) ? TFC is a forge mod, and therefore is only really compatible with other forge mods.

Yes, it is forge however this is a freshly TFC instance I'm trying make, downloaded everything fresh without any of my mod's source in there.

So you cloned the repo off of github, and then opened up the command line where the gradlew file in said repo is located, and ran gradlew setupDecompWorkspace?