Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
firebluefreak

2 current bugs driving me nuts.

3 posts in this topic

Number 1 - Full inventory mold removal resulting in loss of ingot. It seems if I remove ingots from their molds at various temperatures, and my inventory happens to be full during one of the removals (it gets full by attempting to place the mold + the ingot with only 1 inventory slot available), the game will think that it can stack the item (which it can't because it's a different temperature) and attempt to do so, resulting in the item not being able to be placed, but removed from the mold making it forever gone, zilch, bye bye ingot. This has happened to me quite a handful of times, and it's getting frustrating. Especially on high tier metals. Likewise, when I attempted to remove cooled down molds from barrels filled with water, the game will try to stack the molds, and the mold will poof, ingot inside it gone too.Number 2 - Items vanishing when fallen onto a chisel'd surface. This has happened to me a few times. The worst time was when I couldn't reach a bloom, and had to dig my way to it by removing a block, and my bloomery. When the bloomery hit the chisel'd floor, the game didn't know where to place it, and it just vanished. Man, I've got to say. I just busted my ass off making that bloomery, gathering all the resources, cooking them, and making the 8 double bronze sheets, only for that to happen to me moments after. It was very discouraging. I looked everywhere for the bloomery. The entire area, head to toe. That sucker was gone with the wind.The good news is, through experience I can avoid these glitches. Nonetheless, I feel it is quite prompting to remove them, as I'm sure they're a simple fix, and shouldn't be in the game to begin with. Come on Bioxx, you're perfect. You cannot make mistakes. ;) Now that I think about it, I'm sure the main issue with number 1 is shift clicking. If I were to normally click the ingot out of the mold, it would be on my cursor slot instead of being forced to find a spot with the mold.

Number 1 only happens if you are shift clicking, which is explicitly stated as not supported on our official bug list:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4662-read-before-posting-7817-official-bug-list/

Note: Due to the way that vanilla Minecraft handles shift clicking, as well as pressing hotbar numbers, any bugs resulting from using these methods will simply be "fixed" by disabling the use of the method.
Rule #1 in TFC: Don't shift click items around in inventories.

Number 2 - The item doesn't disappear, it goes flying and you just didn't see which direction it went. This has been extensively tested before. If you are using NEI, I suggest turning on the magnet mode feature and wandering around the area in at least 10 - 15 blocks in each direction, eventually you will pick up the item.

You have not followed the rules for posting in this forum, so your topic has been locked. See here for further information: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/forum-11/announcement-2-how-to-report-bugs-crashes/

I'll add that while we don't officially support shift-clicking related bugs, it does lead to a bit of inconsistency when we actively use shift clicking to get food into the crafting grid but advise against it when getting the result.

It's not a priority, but if we find ourselves with an empty-looking bug list, or we happen to be modifying the code that causes this, it may get picked up and fixed. Thanks for the report, but try to read the list of existing bugs first next time :)