Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
firebluefreak

Rose Gold Suggestion

7 posts in this topic

Hello,I am making a suggestion for a Rose Gold Hammer. I think it would be very nice to have a pretty little Rose Gold Hammer on my Rose Gold Anvil within my Anvil collection. Bronze is the closest match currently to it, but I don't think it looks entirely right (left brain hemisphere?) lol having 2 of the same hammers on different anvils down my row. I understand this may bring up other dilemmas though, like "if we can make Rose Gold Hammers, why can't we make other Rose Gold Tools" etc.... etc..., but currently I think it's a little bit weird that we can make Rose Gold Anvils, but not put it's respective Hammer on top of it. It would be awesome if we could do this! I love having things color coated. =)-firebluefreak

I think the real question is why do Rose Gold anvils exist in the first place?

Gold is weaker than copper, so an alloy 2.3-5.7 gold/copper alloy is going to be weaker than copper

Gold is rarer than copper, so a rose gold anvil makes little sense to have even as a tier 1 anvil, let alone as a tier 2 anvil

Unless of course its strength is due to magical forces created by the alloy, for some reason

Gold is weaker than copper, so an alloy 2.3-5.7 gold/copper alloy is going to be weaker than copper

Tin is weaker than copper but bronze is not

Rose gold anvils only exist because it is a tier 2 alloy that can be obtained purely by panning as an absolute last-ditch effort when you can't find the stuff to make the other bronzes. It is much more likely for rose gold anvils to be removed, rather than for hammers to be added.

Tin is weaker than copper but bronze is not

The properties of of an alloy are only loosely related to the properties of the constituents- more important is how the two interact and the structure they form. Carbon isnt even a metal, and only a small amount (0.8 - 2%) can radically change the properties of iron, which becomes steel. Steel is both tougher and harder than iron (qualities that are usually exchanged for one another).

The thought of panning enough material to make a Rose Gold anvil made me wince.

I have used Rose Gold anvils as a means of progression before. It doesn't matter if gold is rarer than copper worldwide; only the rarity of what's around you matters. If you happen to plop near a rich gold surface vein, you might as well use it for something.

Well really a Rose Gold anvil is just bad from a educational standpoint.

Having a tier 2 anvil teaches people who don't know any better that if you alloy gold with minor amounts of copper you get a anvil equivalent to bronze when in reality it would be weaker than copper

From a realism perspective gold is kind of useless for non aestetic or monetary purposes without electricity

Of course if you add enchantments, you can give it high enchantibility, or in the case of TFC making it part of Red Steel makes sense