Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bsb23

Survival

12 posts in this topic

This thread I'm going to use only for a single question. You are stranded on an island alone (don't care what type of island as long as it is realistic). Tell me exactly what you would do to survive there. Please include a BREIF description of your setting.

Get food, get water, get shelter, get fire. In simple words x)

but seriously, first I would decide if it was best to fish or to search for food inside the island, maybe set up some traps. Then I would search for water, maybe coconuts in case there are no natural fresh water sources. Then I would build a shelter, something that could stand a weak storm, but I could build in a couple of hours. Then I would start a fire to cook my food and scare possible predators, then I would get a harmonica and play it through the night.

^

Pretty much what he said lol. And probably in the same order too actually.

More importantly if you could only take one item to the island with you what would it be? :P

More importantly if you could only take one item to the island with you what would it be? :P

A stainless steel axe or better yet. a big knife.

In survival barehanded the by far hardest thing to obtain is namely something to cut/carve/chop with. knapping a flint knife is incredibly difficult to master, and the process itself takes an hour + of painstaking work. not to mention the very fact that your iland may very well not have any knappable stones in the first place.

In general. without anything to cut with all the other things you need to do in order to survive becomes that much more difficult.

I never go out into the woods without my trusty knife, and if i am planning on camping out then a small axe to keep it company.

Depending on what kind of island I would be stranded on, I'd bring different items/do different things. Assuming I'd have knowledge of the fauna/wildlife on the island, I'd need a source of food. If I was stuck in a Cast Away-style island, I'd definitely want a good machete or even an axe. Axes are easier to maintain and last longer (the handle can be replaced easily if it breaks), but a good machete can also be used for knife purposes. If I could bring anything else, I'd bring a plastic tarp for use as temporary shelter/water catch/solar still, and a metal pot/bowl for boiling water/cooking. That's pretty much as inconvenient as I'll go - a machete, tarp, and metal bowl.

If I was fixing to escape, which is a likely thing to do when you are stranded on an island, I would definitely prefer an axe for easier hewing of wood to the right shape for a raft/boat. The nice thing about axe heads is you can fashion them into an adze with a handle and some string/rope/fiber.

You always first have to get water, because if you eat you lose water in your system. Then you should get fire or at least something to keep you dry if you are in a humid location, or protected from the sun in desert area's. You should keep the reserves you have in your body as long as possible. Food is the last thing on the list ( exept for your pina colada ) The tools you should have are a machete, magnesium stick and a container for cooking water in.

Damn, watching to mutch Dual Survial, Survivorman, Ultimate survival, etc ... :D

then I would get a harmonica and play it through the night.

love that show

Bear Grills!

I think this belong to the off topic... but i could be wrong...

It also belongs back in June, when it died.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0