Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
cjworks

How can I use a vanilla seed in TFC?

14 posts in this topic

Firstly I don't want the entire seed but just starting area in which there is this perfect valley?

Can I some how start a vanilla save then boot into TFC and resume?

If not can I use Mcedit to copy the area of interest into a TFC world?

Also, how if it possible, create custom worlds via world painter?

Here is the seed and a showcase?

You cant. Period. Almost every single material is different. The biggest problem though is that there will be much messieness at the merge areas, as the land elevation will be verry different, and I'm pretty sure TFC land is much higher up than vanilla land, so that will look bad too. Overall, this probably woln't work at all.

thanks a shame... I'll have to try McEdit

No, I don't think you understand, TFC doesn't use almost ANY vanilla blocks (maybe the bed? that's probably it though). You won't be able to actually play TFC in a world with vanilla blocks, the game will simply not function properly. Temperatures will be weird and you will have all sorts of glitchiness when trying to use vanilla blocks. Just play TFC as intended, with a TFC map. 

I understand and I do intend to play normally, I just rather have that landscape to build my base. What I'll TRY =) is to use McEdit to select the desired area then select individual blocks manually by switching them to TFC ID's....hopefully

Something you need to keep in mind is the massive height difference.

In vanilla, sea-level is somewhere around y=64.

In TFC, sea-level is somewhere around y=140.

So you're going to have massive, 60 block tall walls where the terrain switches from vanilla to TFC.

well... all i have to say is that if you can do this then major props to you good sir XD

on topic though I have seen some of that kind of terrain in my world so if you create enough worlds it should be possible to get something akin to that.

I haven't been on the forums much lately, so it missed your PM; sorry.  

Since you've started a topic on it, I'll just reply here.

You could use either world painter or MCEdit to achieve this, but I'd suggest the latter.

Basically, open the seed world in MCEdit, and copy all the terrain you want to use.  Hopefully you'll have the required RAM.

Next, create a new TFC world and look for a suitable spot to put your new terrain.  It should have a similar distribution of plants to the terrain from the seed.

Open this area in MCEdit, and paste in your new terrain.

From here you can do one of two things.  The easiest method would be to choose a rock type for the whole terrain and change out the sand, dirt, stone, and ores for TFC sand and dirt, and TFC stone (eliminating the ores).  Plants will likely need to be eliminated.

Select the area and tell MCEdit to have minecraft populate the terrain.  This will get you your ores, plants, etc.  Note, the rocks you get will be from the original stone layer, not the new stone.

If you want to be a bit more seamless, you can match the materials to the underlying terrain, though this will take a really long time. 

I haven't been on the forums much lately, so it missed your PM; sorry.  

Since you've started a topic on it, I'll just reply here.

You could use either world painter or MCEdit to achieve this, but I'd suggest the latter.

Basically, open the seed world in MCEdit, and copy all the terrain you want to use.  Hopefully you'll have the required RAM.

Next, create a new TFC world and look for a suitable spot to put your new terrain.  It should have a similar distribution of plants to the terrain from the seed.

Open this area in MCEdit, and paste in your new terrain.

From here you can do one of two things.  The easiest method would be to choose a rock type for the whole terrain and change out the sand, dirt, stone, and ores for TFC sand and dirt, and TFC stone (eliminating the ores).  Plants will likely need to be eliminated.

Select the area and tell MCEdit to have minecraft populate the terrain.  This will get you your ores, plants, etc.  Note, the rocks you get will be from the original stone layer, not the new stone.

If you want to be a bit more seamless, you can match the materials to the underlying terrain, though this will take a really long time. 

Received with much appreciation. Tsuarok given that there is a need for this conversion of sort by other TFC-ers and those who are less technically savvy, is it possible for you to create a youtube video tutorial for the TFC community clearly showcasing the steps in order for us to better grasp a better understanding as to how one would precisely go about executing the stated directives?  

May I also point out one thing, the seed you are wanting is in 1.7, with the current build (Build 78) is for minecraft version 1.6.4...

Received with much appreciation. Tsuarok given that there is a need for this conversion of sort by other TFC-ers and those who are less technically savvy, is it possible for you to create a youtube video tutorial for the TFC community clearly showcasing the steps in order for us to better grasp a better understanding as to how one would precisely go about executing the stated directives?  

Unfortunately, my computer curls up into a little ball and cries for it's mommy when I try to record while minecraft is running.  I could do a forum post with some pictures or something... though since MCEdit won't work with 1.8, and it looks like Codewarrior (the guy who made MCEdit) is MIA since 2013 or so, I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it.

May I also point out one thing, the seed you are wanting is in 1.7, with the current build (Build 78) is for minecraft version 1.6.4...

As long as it's not 1.8 (MCEdit doesn't work with 1.8), it shouldn't matter.  He'll be replacing any vanilla blocks anyway.  The MCEdit route basically just copies the shape of the terrain into TFC.

Unfortunately, my computer curls up into a little ball and cries for it's mommy when I try to record while minecraft is running.  I could do a forum post with some pictures or something... though since MCEdit won't work with 1.8, and it looks like Codewarrior (the guy who made MCEdit) is MIA since 2013 or so, I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it.

As long as it's not 1.8 (MCEdit doesn't work with 1.8), it shouldn't matter.  He'll be replacing any vanilla blocks anyway.  The MCEdit route basically just copies the shape of the terrain into TFC.

Yes man do that, any translation would be appreciated.

Yes man do that, any translation would be appreciated.

I'll look into it, but I won't be able to do it for about two weeks; I'm going on vacation to the US on Friday.