Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DriftinFool

Let's See Some Builds

19 posts in this topic

Usually there are topics for this, but I didn't see one here. Figured I'd start one. Between the chisel and all the different building materials, it seems you can make some amazing builds with TFC that would not be possible with any other mods. So like the title says, let's see some bases.

Here is my base. I have a double bloomery and triple forge with room for a blast furnace setup. There is a room to store ingots next to the forges and the chest above them to store ores. The steps you see on the side lead to a good sized charcoal room. Since moving blocks is a pain once placed, I planned quite a bit to fit everything where it will stay. The bloomery structure is built, even though I haven't made them yet. I stumbled upon kaolinite and graphite early so my blast furnace structure is built, but is a long way from being wrapped in iron sheets to function. I also have found the animals, but haven't brought them home yet. I wanted to build a barn 1st. Just finished last night and figured I'd share.

Didn't want to fill the page with pics, so the rest of my base is in the spoiler.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The barn
Posted Image

Posted Image

Impressive! I like the detail in the front windows

That's awesome!

I just learned from you that you can combine different wood planks in the same block!

How did you make the diagonal above the window with two different materials?

I can't seem to do that.

Creepy, I think it's blocks of basalt placed outside of the window and chiseled. Then, he either chiseled planks of wood on the inside or used planks. The stone and wood aren't actually on the same block, the basalt is just chiseled down to a very thin panel over the wood which has been shaped separately.

That's awesome!

I just learned from you that you can combine different wood planks in the same block!

How did you make the diagonal above the window with two different materials?

I can't seem to do that.

The poster below hit the nail on the head

Basalt chisled down to one layer thick on top of the wood. Once I had my window shape, I chiseled the wood behind it with a one block recess so the "window frame" is visible inside as well. You can't actually combine any blocks in a single block space. Even chiseled, the block takes up all the space. You can make it appear that way by doing layers.

Creepy, I think it's blocks of basalt placed outside of the window and chiseled. Then, he either chiseled planks of wood on the inside or used planks. The stone and wood aren't actually on the same block, the basalt is just chiseled down to a very thin panel over the wood which has been shaped separately.

Ah ic!

That looks fantastic though, I'll have to try something like that.

Ah ic!

That looks fantastic though, I'll have to try something like that.

Little tip. Use the chisel in slab mode to make the blocks thin and then switch to detail mode. Trying to chisel the whole block down in detail mode wastes chisels and time.

Its awesome at night, but we need a picture of the house during day time too.

Are the lamp from a different mod?

Absolutely fab btw

This is my world. It's not complete, but i'd like to know if people like it so far!

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

More pictures here:

http://imgur.com/a/YnxtA

-Btw, i recently finished making 20 ingots of Red Steel, a project that required 3 days and

an INSANE amount of resources. If you want an image for the requirements, take a look:

Posted Image

inside view plz

Click the spoiler under the 1st picture. It has several more images.

UltimateElements that build looks amazing too. I just build squares, but once I lock down the mechanics a little better I'll work on Detail. Plus I only play SSP for the moment.

This is my current world. I used SPC and MCEDIT to create granite mountain as my base; I've always be high up and with a great vantage point of a geographic interesting and aesthetic plateau mountain. Although the conversion was a headache at first, eventually discovered how to properly replace the vanilla block ID's; creating freshwater, granite, lava, hot water and grass covered dirt. Beyond that I have done everything legitimately...except for chicken =). I have not collected all plants or trees as yet. You'll notice that there isnt a forge area, that is because I am focusing on collecting stuff, in particular plants. I can't find rocksalt though....I'll have to do some more exploring. 

Oh the seed I used was : -1814942604166327585. Also the schematic of the mountain is available to anyone who is interested.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://imgur.com/a/5cYRl

A build in a survival map of mine. Nothing to fancy just a little base but its got lots of ore near by like hematite and copper. All in all its just a small build.

http://imgur.com/a/254fz

I've been looking at TFC for a while, watching YouTubers like Spud and Mronewolfe to see the mechanics of the mod and just what it entails. well I finally decided to pick it up and try it out, and the first thing I had to do was test to see if my building style would transfer to TFC, and how I would have to modify my style to best fit the mod. just wanted to share my build, which if it looks familiar, that is because I have a heavy influence from Jamziboy, as I do love his Norse houses he builds, they have a great feel to them nad are really great for survival play. http://imgur.com/a/AXP6g#0

Yeah, I've really enjoyed Spud's videos. I just started playing a few weeks ago. Love your different stations with barrels and such. How did you get maps? Is that a part of TFC or another mod?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0