Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabeoles

Millanarie/TerraFirmacraft Crossover

20 posts in this topic

Hello fellow terraFirmacrafters.

I think a Great expantion Pack would be the Millanaire mod crossover.

what the Millanaire mod is about is basically kingdoms in minecraft There's Trading, war, politics, army's, and kings

I don't know Anything about how to code and I need your help to make it My suggestions are

. A Kingdom With MORE than one Village (an actual nation)

.  technology and research (Something that you have to craft called a Research table where you have to keep the Gui open and put paper in it, its very grindy and the chance to discover a new alloy or the bloomery is very low and you have to gain the knowledge before you can craft it)

. believable culture Etc. skin color, building style all based on where they are in the world.

. become a King (to conquer a city you need to hire some peasants give them weapons and CHARGE! and after that it becomes almost like Sid Meier's civilization series if any of you know what that is :3)

Anyway I hope one of you guys could make it I would really appreciate it.

i think it would be nice to have npcs, but the devs arent too fond of npcs so keep that in mind

I think it would be a cool idea, but the problem of converting building materials to the many new types avalible in TFC would make this verry difficult at best, and would render trading virtualy undoable

We'll need to scale the NPC's health up, change all items and blocks, and if we add in the suggestion OP made.......

We might as well forget the Millanarie mod, and just make a NPC-addon mod of our own for TFC. Though, I would like to see a addon like millanarie for TFC.

We'll need to scale the NPC's health up, change all items and blocks, and if we add in the suggestion OP made.......

We might as well forget the Millanarie mod, and just make a NPC-addon mod of our own for TFC. Though, I would like to see a addon like millanarie for TFC.

Millanarie has too long of a history of development for someone to just unzip his pants and flip out something "like Millanarie, but not and for TFC". I assure you that bridging existing gaps with existing mods would be much easier than writing one from the vary start.

I find this idea quite interesting, actually looked at this thread because I thought someone had made one. But yes, leading armies into battle (reminiscent of Mount & Blade maybe?) would be quite the feature in TFC. If anyone decides to do this, I would love them for life.

Generation for the buildings might be tricky, but other than that, it doesn't really seem like something that'd be difficult. It'd basically just require rewriting and reskining NPCs. I can't really help you though because my knowledge of Java isn't really enough that I could make a mod that involves world generation.

Millanarie has too long of a history of development for someone to just unzip his pants and flip out something "like Millanarie, but not and for TFC". I assure you that bridging existing gaps with existing mods would be much easier than writing one from the vary start.

I concur!

Also "Millenarie" is actually "Millenaire" just sayin.

Millenaire would be a huge undertaking....now a crossover for Minecraft Comes Alive might be easier.

well I Really thinking about trying to make it in the summer because of school you no

I like the idea of having villagers in tfc. Also what about the minecolonies mod if Millenaire doesn't work, I don't think it will be any easier to make it compatible with tfc but its a thought.

Hello,

I made this suggestion a long time ago, and wasn't met with nearly as much enthusiasm. Think it was more along the lines of "WTF gtfo nub".

Yes, Millenaire, Minecraft Comes Alive, and Mine Colonies would all be awesome. What would be even better is if the developers of all three would get together and make a single mod. All three of those mods have features that would mesh well with the others.

I particularly like playing in hardcore mode with MCA because you can have children and take control of the children if you die. It makes dying meaningful, but gives you a chance to continue on a sort of 'legacy'.

For now, I could suggest the mod "Custom Npcs". You can inject your own npcs into the world with various abilities/tasks/ect. If you want to stay in character while you play, I would suggest setting ground rules, such as not making a new npc until you've built a house for him/her that would allow him/her to perform their profession.

Cheers,

Michael

honestly now I think it would be better if it was a mix of minecolony and MCA and custom NPC is not to belivable because human beings don't come out of shovels :l

I was also thinking it would be grand if TFC and Millenaire collided, but I'm sure it would be a bigger undertaking than most modders would even consider :(

Look to make the mod combine you need to do this: Register the rock type and the wood types for the area but different wood types can be good sometimes later game, have the villages progress as the player progresses (like giving them clay, and small ores or ingots), trades depending on villages level and what resources they are lacking around them (clay, straw, wood, sticks, saplings, and rocks), and basic buildings depending on village level like holes in the ground to log houses to wood and stone fancy houses

honestly now I think it would be better if it was a mix of minecolony and MCA and custom NPC is not to belivable because human beings don't come out of shovels :l

Hey! Its hoes not shovels! :P

If I knew how to write code, I would definitely make this, the amount of time hammering out details would be irrelivent to me. Lol. If only, if only the woodpecker sighs...

Edited by Mathias Ademar

Are you a modder? Are you looking for a good mod to include in tfc? What about an addon that creates compatibility between Milenaire and tfc? 

My idea was to have each of the civilizations in Milenaire tie to a specific rock type, so it would only appear in that rock, Other factor could also play a role in determining where and when they would spawn.

I really think it would create a more involving and enjoyable world.

I guess the main difficulty would be to convert all the materials used by Milenaire into Materials that exist in tfc or that would make sense and keep balance.  

Edited by Kittychanley
Duplicate request merged into original topic

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0