Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scintille

Crafting table

7 posts in this topic

Ok, first of all - im not wery good at english, especialy when writing large text.  So please, forgive me.

So, TFC is trying to make minecraft more believable, right? So, how do you see that - to craft in 3x3 grid you need to eat 4 planks. And thats all. For me it is a bit wierd.

I want to add i few more "slots" in your  inventory - for saw, for hammer, and maybe for a knife. If you equip all this items you got 3x3 grind. Every time you craft something - all items lose durability.

Also - if you have right tools equiped you can do some recepies without a tool (like smashing rocks with hammer to get flux)

But this idea can be a bit hard to implement..

I look at the 3x3 grid more like a step. It just requires 4 blocks. The penalty for death is you have to do that step over. Because if you can make something in 2x2 you should be able to do 3x3. I've always thought that a tool belt or something would be awesome.

Ok, maybe both planks and tools? So if you die - you lose planks, but not tools.

And a toolbelt is good to, but you need leather for that - so you cant make it nececery to get 3x3 grid

I'd like to see a limit to what the crafting grid in your inventory can make.  Some things (like rope) it makes sense you could do without any tools and/or in the middle of the wilderness.  Others, like barrels seem like they should require more planning. I think it would be fun to have a workbench that is 1x1x2 or larger that is assembled from multiple pieces. There would 2 or 3 slots to hold tools or common crafting materials.  It would work similarly to an anvil, requiring the appropriate tool to be located there in order to make whatever is chosen.  There might be a larger grid.  The workbench would need to be used to make barrels and assemble other pieces together (saddles might take several pieces)  

The inventory 3x3 would be for rope, basket weaving, etc. & could be achieved the way it is now or with certain skill points.

Still want to see Dunk or Kitty opinion on this..

Overall, the resource cost on the player would make this very annoying and not fun if he lost the tools when he died. And make no mistake, I'd never do this without total loss of resources  :P.

Overall, the resource cost on the player would make this very annoying and not fun if he lost the tools when he died. And make no mistake, I'd never do this without total loss of resources :P.

Well, from what i understand - the point of tfc is to make easy vanilla stuff reeealy hard and annoying?) in my world i finaly got to blue steel. It is soo hard to make.. The most annoying part is armor..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0